Has the NRL re-introduced Unlimited Tackles?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
So a dominant side controls possession.

More possession means a higher chance of receiving 6-agains resulting in even more possession.

This dominance of possession results in greater opposition fatigue.

Opposition fatigue results in giving away more 6-agains (and potential high tackles).

Welcome back to the St George era of sixties.

At least you were allowed to tackle then. This reminds me more of the Boy George era of the 80s.
You might be on to something with the Boy George songs for this era...

For the divers
"Do you really want to hurt me"
"Victims"
And by overwhelming player poll
"I'll tumble 4 ya"

For after the penalty is blown
" It's a Miracle"

For the Queen Clit and his boy Moses
"Bow down mister"
"King of Everything" but Gutho some
"Body Control" please ....

For the dogs and broncos
"Mistake number 3"

Cummings
"Miss me Blind"

Klien
"Move away"

Uncle Nick
"Everything I Own"

Walker
" To be Reborn"

Manaise Fainu
" Church of the Poison mind"

Hayne plane
" let somebody love you"

And finally drum roll please......
Mr Pvl himself, Mr V'landy's come on down to
" "Whether They Like it or Not"

Disclaimer - I do not know all these Boy George songs, google is my friend.

A more dominant side ... or a more disciplined side ? .. I take your point, but the rules have always favoured the teams that break them the least ..

However, I am starting to think we should go back to the scoring team kicks off to reduce some of the dominance ...
I am almost in agreement with you but it p*sses me off to think that we have to change MORE rules to circumvent issues created BY rule changes....

just p*ss the 6-again rule off and go back to penalties (with quick starts if you wish)... at least that way if it ends up being 17-2 penalties at the end of the game the ref will need to explain his interpretation...

just p*ss the 6-again rule off and go back to penalties (with quick starts if you wish)... at least that way if it ends up being 17-2 penalties at the end of the game the ref will need to explain his interpretation...

They have already tried that ... it didn't work to stop the wrestle ... Greenslime had a crackdown and went to water after a few weeks when 30 penalties were being blown every game and again the fans were blowing up about too many penalties ... and bugger my cat, teams were deliberately holding down giving away penalties half a gross at a time on their own try lines ...

They have only stopped since the 6 again ... so you either have the six again, the wrestle .. or come up with another solution ...

Based on past form the NRL will probably fix the blowout scores by reducing a try to 3 points.:rolleyes:
How about, if a team is ahead by 10 points or more, any more tries they score are worth 2, and tries by the team behind by 10 or more are worth 5.
A bit left field admittedly, but this could actually wipe out all the lopsided scores we're seeing.

Manly are scoring points at will, without any six again's, but yes the opposing teams are scoring points from the 6 again leg up. Parramatta would not be winning without this leg up, so like all rules, it is inconsistency from the refs and favouritism from the NRL that is killing the game.

The referee even pinged Manly while in possession of the ball and it didn't stop the momentum. When Brad Parker got penalised for passing off the ground after being tackled.

I thought that was a pretty harsh penalty for 2021 given the same thing often happens on the sixth tackle when a tackled player is trying to avoid a handover, plus there's plenty of times that a player has passed the ball after the referee has called 'Held' and they just make it go back and play the ball.

But being Manly of course I guess there's no leeway.

Fact is the NRL want the defending team to be the Washington Generals. Just be witches hats while the Storm, Eels and Roosters stars flog you by 50 points. Don't ya know footy fans don't want a competitive 80 minutes game to watch.

They have already tried that ... it didn't work to stop the wrestle ... Greenslime had a crackdown and went to water after a few weeks when 30 penalties were being blown every game and again the fans were blowing up about too many penalties ... and bugger my cat, teams were deliberately holding down giving away penalties half a gross at a time on their own try lines ...

They have only stopped since the 6 again ... so you either have the six again, the wrestle .. or come up with another solution ...
But the 6-agains are just a penalty that is unaccountable imo... same impact on the game but nobody is being held to account for their implementation...

actually they are a BIGGER impact on the game because you are giving another set without allowing the defensive team to get set... with no accountability the opportunity to corrupt outcomes is there for all to see... I reckon i have seen at least 5 games this season where a ref with an agenda decided the outcome...

The referee even pinged Manly while in possession of the ball and it didn't stop the momentum. When Brad Parker got penalised for passing off the ground after being tackled.

I thought that was a pretty harsh penalty for 2021 given the same thing often happens on the sixth tackle when a tackled player is trying to avoid a handover, plus there's plenty of times that a player has passed the ball after the referee has called 'Held' and they just make it go back and play the ball.

But being Manly of course I guess there's no leeway.

That happened at the 9 minute mark of the 2nd half.

Titans were gassed, after all the defence they did for the previous 9 minutes, and made 40 odd metres with the ball, after 5 one out hitups, Saab took an easy catch off the bomb on the last.

From memory, we scored at least another 18 points before they touched the ball again.

Another example of a small momentum change, either unable to be fully exploited, or easily defended,,,,depending on your side of the fence.

Momentum is king, and it's too influential.

I would like to see the stats in previous years for how many ruck infringement penalties were awarded, compared to this years and last years ruck infringement 6 agains awarded.

It seems there is a lot less wrestle these days, but somehow there is more of them penalised nowadays.
It really does not make any sense, but not much the nrl does makes sense…

Momentum always has been always will be king. Both Manly and Melbourne took momentum to a new level this week and it was caused by ruthless attack vs struggling defence. Penalties, set restarts and sin bins played almost no part in these dominant periods.

If anything is causing blow outs it's that the majority of clubs are paying overs for mid tier players and this is breaking their salary caps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4