Harrison an Eel in 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Eels sign Daniel Harrison from Manly

Parramatta have strengthened their forward pack for next NRL season by signing promising Manly back-rower Daniel Harrison on a two-year deal.

Harrison, 24, has played in 14 of the Sea Eagles' 15 NRL games this season in a premiership-winning side boasting international back-rowers Tony Williams and Glenn Stewart.

Gosford product Harrison becomes the Eels' second recruit from Manly in a matter of weeks, with Darcy Lussick also signed on for 2013.

It comes just a day after Parramatta released Shane Shackleton to join Penrith with immediate effect.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney said Harrison would be a perfect fit for the club.

"When you look at some of the competition for spots in that Manly team and the personnel they have, it's impressive how far Daniel's come along this year," Kearney said.

"What's probably not as obvious is he's got plenty of ability with the ball in hand, particularly on the edges with his offloading ability.

"He's got plenty of talent and a great attitude ... he's the sort of young player we want at this club."

Hmmmm

With the loss of Lussic and Harrison, being replaced by two under 20's in Kam and Ligi i'm starting to think Toov's knows what he's doing.

RE: Harrison an Eels in 2013

So that's (since last years GF win, as we have't acquired a first grader since then):

Tony Williams: Dogs
Dean Whare: Panthers
Darcy Lussick: Eels
Daniel Harrison: Eels
Michael Oldfield: Roosters
William Hopoate: Eels
Michael Robertson: London Broncos
Shane Rodney: London Broncos
(Potentially) Brett Stewart: London Irish
(Potentially) David Williams: Leeds Rhinos

Disappointing, he's really coming along nicely. That said, you can't keep everyone. Hopefully he kicks on at Parra.

Career ending move by him. I thought he'd be good for us down the track. Perhaps we'll buy him back when it all goes sour at Parra.

Disappointing to lose after he really has started to develop this year but you can't keep them all i suppose. I imagine not a money issue but we have lost a few this year so their may be a few more signing's to come or they are promoting a few from TC or NSW Cup squad who they think are ready for step up

Manly also have salary cap restrictions and cannot compete with Parramatta's offers. Not fussed about Lussick, wouldn't pay him 250+ k a year, but a shame about Harrison. Been a consistent player this year and good offload. Looked promising. Our back row stocks are looking a little thin for next year and hope we sign another Front row. Watched the Broncos vs Sharks game last night and was very impressed with Josh McGuire in a losing side and sharks have a great pack as well. King and Kite, although good players, don't have the impact and go forward they use to, especially compared to a lot of the other NRL sides.

Gee Ryan, that's alot of losses and bit of an eye opener! However, we had to sign the kids and update. At the highest level, T-Rex and Hoppa are the 2 biggest losses.

Simonmyers11 said:
Manly also have salary cap restrictions and cannot compete with Parramatta's offers. Not fussed about Lussick, wouldn't pay him 250+ k a year, but a shame about Harrison. Been a consistent player this year and good offload. Looked promising. Our back row stocks are looking a little thin for next year and hope we sign another Front row. Watched the Broncos vs Sharks game last night and was very impressed with Josh McGuire in a losing side and sharks have a great pack as well. King and Kite, although good players, don't have the impact and go forward they use to, especially compared to a lot of the other NRL sides.

Props: King, Kite, Galuvao, Rose, Sao, Cunningham, Mauro, Robinson, Stromquist, Palau, Trbojevic

Backrow: Watmough, Chee Kam, Stewart, Buhrer, Skinner,

I'm thinking Manly must have released him because he was contracted to the end of 2013, is 2V's making room for Shackleton and Fa’aoso. Both have only signed with the other clubs til the of this season and both want to play for Manly

Eagle1188 said:
I'm thinking Manly must have released him because he was contracted to the end of 2013, is 2V's making room for Shackleton and Fa’aoso. Both have only signed with the other clubs til the of this season and both want to play for Manly

Doubt it mate. There's a lot to be said of mate-ship. Fa'aso will get to Melbourne, and become part of that tight knit group. Players don't want to leave Melbourne unless forced (cap).

Same goes for The Panthers.

Any team really. You'll find Shackleton,. Fa'oso sign with their new clubs imo.

DSM5 said:
Career ending move by him. I thought he'd be good for us down the track. Perhaps we'll buy him back when it all goes sour at Parra.

It wasnt a move initiated by him. He was asked to look for a new club. He was as surprised as anyone.

Harrison was told to test his value on the market, parra snapped him up, weve released alot of salary cap pressure. We should be able to keep Matty B now and snake, we still need to add to our deminishing forward stocks though, happy with soggy sao, just feel we need a established front rower !

Ryan said:
So that's (since last years GF win, as we have't acquired a first grader since then):

Tony Williams: Dogs
Dean Whare: Panthers
Darcy Lussick: Eels
Daniel Harrison: Eels
Michael Oldfield: Roosters
William Hopoate: Eels
Michael Robertson: London Broncos
Shane Rodney: London Broncos
(Potentially) Brett Stewart: London Irish
(Potentially) David Williams: Leeds Rhinos

We wont lose Snake the Rugby offers are bull****. They've cleared the decks to keep him and Matty B otherwise they both would've signed elsewhere by now.

My gears are ground, very average call to let him go IMO. Definitely not a fan of letting young players go before their contract is up. There are a lot of guys in the team that should have been well ahead of him on the chopping block.

It's losing these fringies that I'm worried about.
As long as we still have Mauro and robinson we will be fine

Benny I think we've got a few for next year, Kite, Princess, Joe and Fatso.

Harrison an Eels in 2013

Wolfpack said:
My gears are ground, very average call to let him go IMO. Definitely not a fan of letting young players go before their contract is up. There are a lot of guys in the team that should have been well ahead of him on the chopping block.

Agree.
Not a big fan of Kite - release him and keep Harro plus pick up a cheap prop

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6