Hard To Believe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Peter Sharp coached Sharks are coming last and haven't won a game.

My mate, an avid Manly fan and pro punter told me to the biggest certainty of 2014 would be the Sharkies to win the spoon based on the coaches record.

If your mate is a smart punter I doubt he is backing the Sharks finishing with the spoon unless he is taking a punt on some ASADA fallout. At full strength there is no way they get the spoon, even if I was coaching them.

Chip and Chase said:
If your mate is a smart punter I doubt he is backing the Sharks finishing with the spoon unless he is taking a punt on some ASADA fallout. At full strength there is no way they get the spoon, even if I was coaching them.

after the Scum fiasco they no longer bet on the "spoon". The bet on least number of wins/most losses.

Chip and Chase said:

Put it this way he is 52 and hasn't worked since he was 17.

You work out who's smart.

Yeah thats 4 straight losses for the sharks. Tough start to the season.

Mabye there is more going on a cronulla then we think.

When your team consists mainly of Wests Tigers cast offs and your coach is an egg.....

Eagles2nv said:

Hang on a minute, what about that fabulous development that we keep hearing about,the one that will have the Sharkies rolling in cash and make them one of the powerhouses of the NRL in about ten years time.

Peter C said:
Eagles2nv said:

Hang on a minute, what about that fabulous development that we keep hearing about,the one that will have the Sharkies rolling in cash and make them one of the powerhouses of the NRL in about ten years time.

They will multiply their premiership winning rate 100 times when that development happens. Maybe even 1000...

Geez something must be amiss in Shark-land, apart from what we know ( ASADA, Flanagan, Ellkin, Fifita leaving etc ).

Carney may be playing wounded, not sure, but he's really struggling so far. Looks slow and SKINNY compared to previous seasons.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Sharkie tonight.

There is an odour of decay coming out of the shire.

The Sharks have emerged as big favourites for the spoon.

You have a combination of the ASADA investigation which has ripped the place apart. Their best players in Fifita are leaving and Carney is struggling too.

MadMarcus said:
Peter C said:
Eagles2nv said:

They will multiply their premiership winning rate 100 times when that development happens. Maybe even 1000...

But 0 multiplied by 1000 = 0 :)

Bloody tough start to the year for them.

Carney, Gallen, Lewis and Fifita have barely played and those are probably their top 4 players and then on top of that solid performers like Ryan and Robson

If we were without DCE, Watmough, Glenn and Lawrence who would be our equivalent although we would go a lot better we would struggle too

Tough ask against the Knights today, too - it would have been well against the script for any club to beat the Knights on a day dedicated to Alex McKinnon's recovery. It would have almost been disrespectful not to roll over…

We HAVE started the year without Kite, Nood, Rose n Richie...no Snake, Horhay and King for most of the first four games. Plus no Foz last week, no Gift for most of Fri night...TRed busted too.
Every club has injuries and challenges to their squad...they don't just go through the motions like the Sharks did today.
Even when we've got men missing we still always compete, but agree they had the odds against them up there this arvo.

KE is right in that they are decimated by key injuries but there is a fair bit more affecting them than that. Their coach is suspended and has been getting in the news, there is some worry that players or the whole club will be affected by ASADA notices, & their gun player just signed to go elsewhere next year.

Sharks are actually a pretty tough club, I guess lack of funds is one reason they've never won the comp but I do expect them to regroup at some stage soon, they have a good roster when fit.

They will be better with Lewis, Gallen, Fifita regularly and a fit Carney...Not sure Robson or Beau Ryan will make a big difference...lol.
But that wouldn't be hard judging on recent performances. I understand there are mitigating circumstances galore in the Shire...
You still want your footy team, when they pull on that jumper, to go out and have a crack.

That just doesn't seem to be happening from every bloke in the Sharks 17.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6