Happy Australia day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
God bless Australia the greatest Country in the World
and all our legendary Manly Sea eagle players that proudly represented her with courage and honour

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Martin Bella, Johnny Bliss, Kerry Boustead, Les Boyd, Bill Bradstreet, Dave Brown, Ray Brown, Roy Bull, Peter Burke, Mark Carroll, Daly Cherry-Evans, Noel Cleal, Chris Close, Phil Daley, Bill Delamere, Graham Eadie, Daniel Gartner, Russel Gartner, Geoff Gerard, Johnny Gibbs, David Gillespie, Bill Hamilton, Les Hanigan, Des Hasler, Terry Hill, John Hopoate, Fred Jones, Ben Kennedy, Brent Kite, Nik Kosef, Max Krilich, Jack Lumsden, Jamie Lyon, Cliff Lyons, John McDonald, Paul McCabe, Steve Martin, Steve Menzies, Danny Moore, John Morgan, Rex Mossop, Wally O'Connell, Michael O'Connor, John O'Neill, Josh Perry, Terry Randall, John Ribot, Ray Ritchie, Ian Roberts, Kevin Schubert, Dale Shearer, Jack Sinclair, Frank Stanton, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Alan Thompson, Ian Thomson, Geoff Toovey, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Paul Vautin, Mick Veivers, Bruce Walker, Dennis Ward, Anthony Watmough, David Williams, Tony Williams and Gordon Willoughby.

Have a great day Silvertails and take pride on who we are and what we stand for
For centuries, people have seen EAGLES as a symbol of beauty, bravery, courage, honour, pride, determination, and grace. This bird is important and symbolic to humanity because of its characteristics.
7630052-3x2-940x627.jpg

Deborah Fuschtei

There is a mountain just out of Nepabunna and the mountain is shaped like an eagle squatting with its wings flopping onto the ground, and beside it there's a cave and the environment around the cave is all dark. Of course at one time there was a magpie, which we call Urrakurli, a crow, Wakarla, and an eagle called Wildu. The magpie and the crow at that time had totally white feathers. They used to be able to live up in the mountain with the eagle and they used to share the laughter and share the sad times. They would share their food until one day the magpie and the crow didn't come.

After a couple of days the eagle went down to see where his nephew and niece were. They were playing around.
The eagle said, 'Why didn't you come up and see your uncle?'
And the nephew and the niece got cheeky and said, 'We don't have to come and see you.'

They got very cheeky to the eagle. Because the magpie and the crow were young birds, they flew away getting cheekier and the eagle was very disappointed and very upset and went back onto the mountain and sat up there until three days went by. Then the eagle called a party and all the birds- the kookaburra, the kingfisher and all the tiny parrots came to this particular cave and they all started dancing and having a great time.

Of course the magpie and the crow came along. They forgot after three days that they were cheeky with their uncle, the eagle. Like young children always forget nowadays, they go out and do certain things and they get cheeky and then they remember that they have to go home. So the magpie and the crow walked in but the uncle, the wise bird, didn't forget.

As they were in the cave he said, 'Now I will punish them. They've broken the law.'

So he went out in front of the cave and got dry brush down and set it alight. He was going to burn all the birds to punish the magpie and the crow and of course the fire started blazing.

The kookaburra said, 'There's a big fire.'

So the kookaburra, the kingfisher and all the young parrots all went out, but the magpie was halfway in the cave and he got half burned so magpies are now black and white.

The crow was right at the back of the cave and he got completely burnt and turned black. As they came out and sat in front of the cave they looked up and saw the eagle.
They said, 'Remember three days ago when we got cheeky to the eagle? Now he has punished us.' So today whenever you see an eagle fly high in the sky and a magpie and a crow behind, they're up there and they are trying to say,'Look, we can't really get to the eagle because the eagle's got bigger wings and can fly higher.'

But the magpie and the crow in this story were trying to get up there to say, 'Look, I'm sorry uncle, we did wrong. You caused our colour to change and we're stuck with it for the rest of our lives.' The mountain and the cave have been important to our people for thousands of years and for all who pass there. Remember the story of the magpie, the crow and the eagle."

(An Adnyamathana Dreaming Story, as told by Cliff Coulthard in Education Department of South Australia, 1988 A: 25-26) (Education Department of South Australia 1988: 25-26)

A lot has changed in 233 years:

View attachment 16800
Hopefully we will soon have full reconciliation with the peoples we displaced.
And of course Australia's history goes a long way further back than 233 years. When I was at school we learned nothing about indigenous history, everything began with Captain Cook!
Here's a snippet of info from Amnesty from January 2019. Have a great and safe day everyone

Eight facts about Indigenous people in Australia{timestamp}&gclid=CjwKCAiA9bmABhBbEiwASb35V7V-jZqelcsfe5qpb5sQ4F8W1_aKKMb_sy4txv_jnjCbl6JLS1AV9hoCjlEQAvD_BwE

Happy Australia Day everyone. Not far from me in a place called Yarramundi There is one of those tree top climbing places and I was told a while back that there is a family of Sea Eagles living in there. Seems odd as its a long way from the sea, but hey, maybe they are my guardian angels lol

And of course Australia's history goes a long way further back than 233 years. When I was at school we learned nothing about indigenous history, everything began with Captain Cook!
Here's a snippet of info from Amnesty from January 2019. Have a great and safe day everyone

Eight facts about Indigenous people in Australia{timestamp}&gclid=CjwKCAiA9bmABhBbEiwASb35V7V-jZqelcsfe5qpb5sQ4F8W1_aKKMb_sy4txv_jnjCbl6JLS1AV9hoCjlEQAvD_BwE
You too my ST brother

Deborah Fuschtei

There is a mountain just out of Nepabunna and the mountain is shaped like an eagle squatting with its wings flopping onto the ground, and beside it there's a cave and the environment around the cave is all dark. Of course at one time there was a magpie, which we call Urrakurli, a crow, Wakarla, and an eagle called Wildu. The magpie and the crow at that time had totally white feathers. They used to be able to live up in the mountain with the eagle and they used to share the laughter and share the sad times. They would share their food until one day the magpie and the crow didn't come.

After a couple of days the eagle went down to see where his nephew and niece were. They were playing around.
The eagle said, 'Why didn't you come up and see your uncle?'
And the nephew and the niece got cheeky and said, 'We don't have to come and see you.'

They got very cheeky to the eagle. Because the magpie and the crow were young birds, they flew away getting cheekier and the eagle was very disappointed and very upset and went back onto the mountain and sat up there until three days went by. Then the eagle called a party and all the birds- the kookaburra, the kingfisher and all the tiny parrots came to this particular cave and they all started dancing and having a great time.

Of course the magpie and the crow came along. They forgot after three days that they were cheeky with their uncle, the eagle. Like young children always forget nowadays, they go out and do certain things and they get cheeky and then they remember that they have to go home. So the magpie and the crow walked in but the uncle, the wise bird, didn't forget.

As they were in the cave he said, 'Now I will punish them. They've broken the law.'

So he went out in front of the cave and got dry brush down and set it alight. He was going to burn all the birds to punish the magpie and the crow and of course the fire started blazing.

The kookaburra said, 'There's a big fire.'

So the kookaburra, the kingfisher and all the young parrots all went out, but the magpie was halfway in the cave and he got half burned so magpies are now black and white.

The crow was right at the back of the cave and he got completely burnt and turned black. As they came out and sat in front of the cave they looked up and saw the eagle.
They said, 'Remember three days ago when we got cheeky to the eagle? Now he has punished us.' So today whenever you see an eagle fly high in the sky and a magpie and a crow behind, they're up there and they are trying to say,'Look, we can't really get to the eagle because the eagle's got bigger wings and can fly higher.'

But the magpie and the crow in this story were trying to get up there to say, 'Look, I'm sorry uncle, we did wrong. You caused our colour to change and we're stuck with it for the rest of our lives.' The mountain and the cave have been important to our people for thousands of years and for all who pass there. Remember the story of the magpie, the crow and the eagle."

(An Adnyamathana Dreaming Story, as told by Cliff Coulthard in Education Department of South Australia, 1988 A: 25-26) (Education Department of South Australia 1988: 25-26)
Great story of the magpie, the crow and the Eagle.
The Greatest one and the most symbolic one that soars high above all other Gods living creatures is the Eagle !

Last edited:
Happy Australia Day everyone. Not far from me in a place called Yarramundi There is one of those tree top climbing places and I was told a while back that there is a family of Sea Eagles living in there. Seems odd as its a long way from the sea, but hey, maybe they are my guardian angels lol
One Major common denominator that Angels and Eagles have is the resilient Wings of hope and inspiration .

A lot has changed in 233 years:

View attachment 16800
Hopefully we will soon have full reconciliation with the peoples we displaced.
The fact is No one can ever displace or replace a cultures history by putting their own flag on some ones land . All Australians respect this as well as the founders of our Great country . The Great country that many since have fought in courage and have given their lives with honour .

To simply forgive and forget does not help with reconciliation
but only forgiving and moving forward together on the mistakes of the past does .
I believe we have done this. And we have done this with great respect and dignity .
I also believe most gracious indigenous people have obliged and have embraced the future and have start living in peace as only the dead live in the past .

Still a long way to go bozo

One of my best mates that I went to school with is a Great black Man .
He might not be as Great as the Great Cliffy Lyons but he is of great character and a great human being .
David is great fellow and he has moved on . He has made a choice that his great spirit is free and not chained to the past .
David knows who he is and he is proud of it . And all his mates , We are all proud of him too

Last edited:

Hey neighbour, You probably also noticed a family of pelicans in the area too.
Often they are in the water at the lagoon in the grass farms on Springwood RD.

I am a descendent of chief Yarramundi I believe one of the Dharug totems is the mighty eagle!

Nothing says Australia better than a Ute run/rally.

Hundreds attend Darwin's Australia Day ute run - Sky News Australia
1611628978167.png

Another point of view:

The Betoota Advocate

factoftheday.jpg

Did You Know? Most Countries Don’t Celebrate The Day They Were Invaded By Colonial Superpowers​

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet | CONTACT

No way!
How weird’s that?
Bit of pub trivia ammo for ya there; most other countries who were invaded actually don’t choose to have a national day of celebration on the day they were invaded by a colonial superpower.

Unlike Australia, plenty of countries that were invaded by powerful nations like England, France, Portugal, and Spain don’t actually celebrate the day those powers landed and took land that wasn’t theirs by force.
Crazy right?
In places like Mexico, Argentina, Fiji and a hundred or so others they actually have a national celebration on the day they gained independence from the colonial rulers.

Even the United States.
WTF…
South Africa celebrates something called Freedom Day, to commemorate the first election’s post-Aparthied.

It’s almost like they don’t want to glorify or celebrate as a nation the day that symbolises when their first peoples were subject to decades/centuries of atrocities at the hands of their colonial invaders.
Even if they don’t have a genocidal history!
And, get this, it seems like lots of places don’t even make their national day the subject of ‘culture wars’ manufactured by politicians to distract people from the fact they continuously fail the people they are elected to represent.
Mind-blowing.
Maybe they aren’t that attached to the specific day that a bunch of smallpox riddled colonialists landed on foreign shores that weren’t ceded?
Or maybe not.
Who knows.
Anyway, there’s ya fact of the day!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4