Happy Australia Day!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dates generally don't mean much. Look at all the major Christian holidays. They are based off pagan festivals not because the big guy was born or died on those actual dates. Pick one and go with it - who cares.

My family comes from a Slavic region that has over time had about 48,000 different peoples lay claim to it. As far as Australia day goes for me, everyone should take a note from my family and just get over it/move on but also continue to hate everyone on the d/l and pile on any time someone brings it up. That's the healthy approach...

Plenty of other countries and democracies that have had some chapters of a troubled and unjust past and even civil wars and other serious disruptions and do not seem to have an issue with having a set date to celebrate the largely good and positive things that their country represents .By all means , Australia "s history should be presented and conveyed in a factual and objective way but really can not see how any serious stigma factor should still be associated with any actual date of Australia day . nor any costly or most likely divisive referendum . Maybe a bit of tradition factor but surely the present date of Australia day , all things taken into account is as good as any .

See this is exactly why www.Silvertails.net @Dan is better than the rest.
I love picking people’s brains. Just because I’m an average bloke, doesn’t mean I don’t love to learn. (I would love for more ppl on ST, to tell us what they know and do for a job, but understand ppl are reluctant to say these things. Again I say this is the difference between MSM and Silvertails. I don’t care what degree or no degree you have,I want to hear your story. And from that I learn.).
I may be 52, but you never stop learning right to the death
Just to update, it was my other half’s Aunty, who has helped support us , and gives the best Christmas presents you can imagine. So while I’m not all in on her philosophies, I’m not stupid enough to disagree either.(and she also lives at the forefront of Warriewood beach). So she can send me something like ISIS is the go, and I’ll agree with her.
Thanks Wombat,
I appreciate the fact that you took my words on board. (I'm getting very worried about your nice words towards me though....is something bad coming...have you found out where I live @:eek:)
I think I probably fired something off a bit quicker than I should have an was probably still prety worked up by the article. As everyone knows by now if there is one thing I can't understand it's misinformation and opinions based on bias :). The source of the article was another reason for me to get worked up and I'm guessing it's where other half’s Aunty found it (given some past conversations).
That said I don't hate the people who believe or even produce this sort of thing. I'm starting to understand how they come about and I just want the practice stopped (by all sides of arguments).

In terms of the date itself: I really don't give that much of a toss about it. Every day is Australia day for me! But the continuous debate around moving the date has done nothing to help the terrible inequality and social disasters that exist in this country as a result of government intervention and the racist views of the past. But I don't think anyone needs to be blamed either. It was the past and people were what they were. We need to acknowledge the past and it's mistakes but it's not about blame and I think it would help a great deal if many people (again on both sides) can learn that. Let's start working together to make the country great for everyone - once we achieve that we may also achieve the perfect day to celebrate our country for all :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4