• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Barrets going to have all sorts of troubles keeping Api out at the rate he's playing, it's a shame but when chez is fit Api will get the boot. I rate his work ethic, he was terrific in defence lastnight, and he always wanted the ball in attack. With killer or skivi having their possible last years id be obliged to shift walker into the centres next year and run with chez and Api. What's everyone thoughts on how barret will handle this conundrum?

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Koroisau
7.Cherry-Evans

Lyon won't be re signed if bozo is serious about buying a big name forward we will need the 600k he has. Koroisau to 6 or if we sign Coote api may be pushed to the bench as impact but Lyon shouldn't be re signed

Walker is not a 5/8. He is ineffectual in the position and the few good things he does reminds of a centre wearing a No 6 jersey. Not sure how long they can expect to run with this experiment.

Api for mine was best on field last night. He distributed the ball extremely well. Was great in attack and an absolute terrier in defence. I don't know how well he'd go at 6 but he'd certainly be worth a shot in the position when Daly returns.

This could be the case. It may not be. But having a Kangaroo centre as a back up option in his natural position next year is a good problem.

I think Matai will retire at the same time as Lyon. It would be fitting; they have been an amazing centre combination for us for a decade. Both deserve to be feted as Manly heroes. It would be terrible if they left for one year to play with another NRL club, like Glenn Stewart and Watmough, I think both should retire at the end of this season when they are still remembered as greats. They don't want to play for one year too long and tarnish their legacy.
In 2017 we'll have centre options, including Tom Turbojet and Walker, with Api at 5/8, or perhaps Wright if he is as good as people predict.

Among other things, what you want from a half is to have the defence in two minds. Api does this. Hence the conundrum.

I was thinking this very thing today.

If lyon does leave, than there is a good chance walker will go back to centre and Api may get the 5/8 jumper.

From what I saw last night, I think Api may be a better 5/8 option for 2017.

Coach Trent Barrett says Daly Cherry-Evans will return to the half-back role despite the great form of Apisai Koroisau.

http://bit.ly/1VgIo0X

Whilst Api has been solid, with a good short kicking and running game, we are missing DCE long range kicks and structure.

DCE was always going to get his spot back because he is the experienced playmaker.

With Api in solid form, it does mean we can rest DCE till he is 100% rather than rush him back in a panic.

Two motm games from Api, gees I'd love to see him in the side somewhere. I know he's had a rough few months on and off the field ... Could he make 5/8 his own??? Parcell has claimed the 9 imho, Walker the 6 not so much. We will need at centre soon enough anyway

Barrets going to have all sorts of troubles keeping Api out at the rate he's playing, it's a shame but when chez is fit Api will get the boot. I rate his work ethic, he was terrific in defence lastnight, and he always wanted the ball in attack. With killer or skivi having their possible last years id be obliged to shift walker into the centres next year and run with chez and Api. What's everyone thoughts on how barret will handle this conundrum?
The dynamic nature of Api could be that x-factor at the backend of each half, we've missed since L'Estrange moved on. Parcell can smash out an energetic 25-30mins to start each half, then Api into 9 for a lethal 10-15mins.

He just doesn't seem a good option for starting 9 and his work against tiring sides might be more beneficial.

Api was just under done in the first few rounds. I don't remember anyone calling for Apis' head. More calling out Barret on his rookie error for picking a guy to start based on the preseason he had.
Compared to a bloke who is conditioned to play 80 and played in the preseason

Could Api play a ball playing back rower? His defence was top notch, have him come on for the last 10 mins of each half?

Could Api play a ball playing back rower? His defence was top notch, have him come on for the last 10 mins of each half?
Yeah he'd do well you'd think but I doubt Tom symonds well make way for him he was playing well 130 odd meters and when DCE is back watch for his combo with Tom symonds it's really good

I don't want cherry to return. Koroisau is playing better footy, kicking is perfect and his passing is great also. For us to make the 8 we need an in form halfback Api is that. Cherry has one stat this year that matters 1 try assists it took him 4 games to do anything. But api just walked in and showed how to play proper footy. DCE is playing poorly and shouldn't just walk into the side. Everyone saying if DCE played we would beat warriors by 50 are just silly. If DCE plays that game we wouldn't be winning by much IMO it's Api that has made the difference. I understand will get the halfback spot but I really don't think he deserves it I would much rather have api there just my opinion but I hope DCE can find form. There is no excuses for Daly coz
-Combos wernt DCEs undoing so far he is just out of form because Api showed combos don't mean anything he had a week to prepare and out performed DCE who had 6 months to prepare I don't know about you guys but DCE isnt going to come into the side and perform like some are claiming it's not our forwards problem or backlines problem DCE isn't playing well it's his fault and he needs stop playing like Williame and start playing like 10 million dollars!

There's my opinion on DCE your free to have a go at me I know most of you well but we can all see DCE doesn't deserve the manly number 7 jersey

I don't want cherry to return. Koroisau is playing better footy, kicking is perfect and his passing is great also. For us to make the 8 we need an in form halfback Api is that. Cherry has one stat this year that matters 1 try assists it took him 4 games to do anything. But api just walked in and showed how to play proper footy. DCE is playing poorly and shouldn't just walk into the side. Everyone saying if DCE played we would beat warriors by 50 are just silly. If DCE plays that game we wouldn't be winning by much IMO it's Api that has made the difference. I understand will get the halfback spot but I really don't think he deserves it I would much rather have api there just my opinion but I hope DCE can find form. There is no excuses for Daly coz
-Combos wernt DCEs undoing so far he is just out of form because Api showed combos don't mean anything he had a week to prepare and out performed DCE who had 6 months to prepare I don't know about you guys but DCE isnt going to come into the side and perform like some are claiming it's not our forwards problem or backlines problem DCE isn't playing well it's his fault and he needs stop playing like Williame and start playing like 10 million dollars!

There's my opinion on DCE your free to have a go at me I know most of you well but we can all see DCE doesn't deserve the manly number 7 jersey

I think thats a bit harsh, yeah ok Daly hasnt been in great form but you need to remember not only is he having to get used to playing with a new team around him, also a new halves partner while also adjusting to his new role in the team.

Since his debut he played on the right side only and had Foz to back him up in regards to organisation and game management. We have all seen how good Chez can be and his abilities cant be questioned, we just need to be patient and let him adjust.

If you want to judge him then wait until season '16 is over and sit back and make a call whether or not he deserves 10 mil or playing in number 7 jersey.
Until then how about we just support our halfback?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6