Halfback irony...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
When you think about it...we are pretty unucky the way this year panned out. Injuries aside, probably the biggest drama and disappointment is the way our halfbacks handled their respective contract issues. Looking at it in hindsight, if their contracts were just one year longer, we wouldn't have had these issues. Overall, both of them have had an average season (with a few great moments thrown in the mix). DCE gets dropped from Origin, there is talk of Hunt overtaking him as Thurston's successor in the Aussie squad, Morgan a better utility for origin, etc. And Foran has played about four good games all year, and spent the rest of it hiding. So if they had a year to go on their contracts, and were starting to talk of their next big contract...I think we'd get both of them to stay, and on a whole lot less money. But such is life.

Another way of looking at it is that Foran has always had a wandering eye and perhaps was never fully committed to a Sea Eagles career - unless it meant playing as part of the Famous Five* - Stewart x 2, Watmough, Matai and Foran himself. I recall Foran 'umming and aahing' back at the end of 2009 or 2010 about his future, when his career had barely started.

So better to finally 'lance that boil' and be done with him. Looks like that group has had its wings clipped, with only two of them left from next season; and a new group formed around DCE and Buhrer - that don't seem to have any great love for ZtH, aka the Puppetmaster. Thank goodness.

*If there were six in the group, they were going to be the Sulking Six.

DCE vs Robbie Farrer.

The first runs out for more money and reneges and comes back for even more money. The other takes a 200k pay cut to help his club and that information doesn't see the light of day until years after and is not revealed by him but a mate.

Says a lot about what we've bought.

DCE vs Robbie Farrer.

The first runs out for more money and reneges and comes back for even more money. The other takes a 200k pay cut to help his club and that information doesn't see the light of day until years after and is not revealed by him but a mate.

Perhaps it says more about the different generations.

Being honest I think our halves were distracted and consumed by contract talks for way too long. Injuries hampered each of them and harmed their continuity and all season they were performing behind a pack that at times struggled. I think 2016 is a fresh start and I expect DCE to be very hungry.

DCE vs Robbie Farrer.

Bullsh1t, Farah did not take a single cent less. He was paid in full, he did agree to delay the payment of part of it, but he was paid his FULL contract value, every last cent.

This pay cut crap is just that complete and utter crap.

Last edited:
Bullsh1t, Farrar did not take a single cent less. He was paid in full, he did agree to delay the payment of part of it, but he was paid his FULL contract value, every last cent.

This pay cut crap is just that complete and utter crap.
It's spelt Farah

Unlike the numpty we carried for a few years

Is Rickys last name Stewart?

Try respecting your betters

Ben ain't got **** on me so i can talk smack

misspell-grammar-note.jpg

funny-misspelled-words-meme-2.jpg

DCE vs Robbie Farrer.

FARAH didn't take a pay cut.He just chose to not take all his money that they offered at once.He is still going to get more money than he is worth

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2