Half time thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Started slowly and we gave them their first try. Bell ran out of the line, Williams can't tackle.  When we're in their twenty there's still no idea in attack.  Orford really ****s me, he should take the game by the preverbial scruff, but can't seem to do so.  What was Anthony thinking when he kneed the ball over the line or, is it as I suspect, he can't think.  Anyway with a good talking to maybe we'll come out and blow them away.  Once again the officials are biased against us. 

i think we will lose this one
we blew too many chances in the first half

i thought orford started great but then went quiet

Lyon and matai have been our best

Ironic that Ballin seems to slow down the attacks with his hero plays from dummy half. Looked a little better with Heath back on.

Having Hall and Bryant was really silly.. no creativity from the forwards.. we really miss Cuthbo

LeStange must start and play the full 80.  He's creative and looks for support.  No miracle plays in his kit bag.  Maybe he'd be a good half.

OHHH HERO PLAY PAYS OFF FOR A CHANGE.

its a shame that everyones been rubbish today.. hopefully we can hang on

The end.  What a relief.  Kaza, you said it all.  Everyone was rubbish.  It's good that they were just that bit more rubbish than us.  A very poor effort.  A big concern is the continued lack of creativity in attack.  Maybe we need Cuthbertson to provide some variation.   

KaZa link said:
Ironic that Ballin seems to slow down the attacks with his hero plays from dummy half. Looked a little better with Heath back on.

Having Hall and Bryant was really silly.. no creativity from the forwards.. we really miss Cuthbo
i actually thought ballin was better than heath today

heath made a few mistakes when he came on.

I think the best thing about today is we got two points
because we were pretty ****

KaZa link said:

Game was tailor made for Cuthbo, Willow not sighted after initial stint and did Bryant come on in the 2nd half?

West kept them in the game, why the hell don't we ever get benefit of the doubt?

Boys must have been jet lagged but a wins a win I suppose.

Ballin was better than Heath, both i thought both were very ordinary, but full marks to Ballin for finally getting some reward from his sniping near the line

To say everybody was rubbish is just stupid, Kite was outstanding all match, he might have dropped a ball or 2, but his metres were massive.

Actually having Cuthbo would have made it worse, we were already consistently pushing passes and doing silly offloads in wet and slippery conditions. Cuthbo would have done allot more of this business because it is in his nature. We needed to grind out this game a bit more than we did, but instead chose to try and be fancy with the ball.

We won that's the main thing, we didn't play great and the Refs were atrocious.

Best players : Kite by Far

Worst: Choc cant catch or even dive on the ball. But i still rate him highly its just he really needs to improve his handling.

What was with that ref he is the worst I have seen. 4 tackles, I rewinded and counted it, four tackles, that gave them their field position for the try!

The video ref was even worse, why do they look for reasons to take at try away. If it is that close you have to do frame by frame, for any team then it is a try in my book.

Also when Matai knocked on, that should have been a double knock on, scrum to Manly!

13 from Warriors was offside on the kick and then within 10 for their last try too.

A shocking display by everyone on the pitch, players and refs

Kite deserves a run in origin but I put the mockers on him because just as I sent a message saying the same to Matabele, bang, he throws the arm out and goes on report

On the fourth for sure.  But why didn't Williams tackle the ball carrier?  I know it was close to the line but why run past.  Can someone tell me why Bryant was penalized for his hit early on in the game?  And why doesn't the video ref assist the ref with his tackle count?  The ref today was terrible and the video fool again displayed bias against us.  Robbo's was a definite try, b.o.d. attacking team.  On Bryant, crap.  Des needs to tell all our guys to run straight and not continue to run across the field.  I personally hate front rowers running across the field and passing.   

Bryant was penalised for a flop which is outrageous because the man was still standing and the ref hadn't called held it was just a joke!

Willaims didn't tackle ball carrier because he had no one inside him and was marking two players, the carrier dummied and Williams bought it, easy enough mistake to make

Looks like Matai must be passing scrutiny with DSM at the mo and Williams is the new target

While on this issue, the skill in Brett Stewarts try was awesome, he ran with the ball in front, always looking like hitting the winger, but the whole time his eyes were fixed on Vatuvei, the moment Vatuvei concentrated on the winger Stewart took the hole and went in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4