half time chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rod

Rookie
It seems that every halftime chat seems to miss its mark. Des, whatever you are saying at halftime,is not working. Change it. A wise man once said "Football is not about life and death...it is more than that."
Yes we do look lethargic in the second half, however we also seem to be without structure, so not alone are we physically unfit we are also mentally unfit. This Dessie is your department. You give direction, or lack of, you coach for both free flowing and or tight situations. It is all too often this year, that we could not get out of the hole we dug ourselves in. Can it be that our coach cannot fire the boys up any longer, or is it something that lies deeper, maybe lack of confidence in the coach?

Can it also be that the co-captains are asked to captain a side that they have no confidence in? If so, do they have the opportunity to vent these feelings to their coach? Are we to long living off past glory and need to move on, this might include the current playing roster. If this need to be done do we have the right persons in place to make these decisions.

We the fans are losing patience with certain individuals, the media has lost its patience, I wonder if the coaching staff will. Then maybe, that is why they are the coaches, and we the fans.

rod link said:
It seems that every halftime chat seems to miss its mark. Des, whatever you are saying at halftime,is not working. Change it. A wise man once said \"Football is not about life and death...it is more than that.\"
Yes we do look lethargic in the second half, however we also seem to be without structure, so not alone are we physically unfit we are also mentally unfit. This Dessie is your department. You give direction, or lack of, you coach for both free flowing and or tight situations. It is all too often this year, that we could not get out of the hole we dug ourselves in. Can it be that our coach cannot fire the boys up any longer, or is it something that lies deeper, maybe lack of confidence in the coach?

Can it also be that the co-captains are asked to captain a side that they have no confidence in? If so, do they have the opportunity to vent these feelings to their coach? Are we to long living off past glory and need to move on, this might include the current playing roster. If this need to be done do we have the right persons in place to make these decisions.

We the fans are losing patience with certain individuals, the media has lost its patience, I wonder if the coaching staff will. Then maybe, that is why they are the coaches, and we the fans.

Personally, I would put our lack of direction down to inexperienced halves. Hodkinson doesn't seem to be much of a talker. I don't really see him barking orders, as most good halves do.

MPC, you can hardly say that the forwards are laying any kind of proper platform for the halves to operate effectively. Even Cronk would be stuffed playing behind a pack playing as crap as we are.

True WAMF.....BUT Cronk would be screaming at them to do their job, such as the much maligned Matt Orford used to do.

For all the downsides with the Ox (and there were a few) he did drive the forward pack forward.

Add to that Brett Stewart at the back, and you can see where the "lack of direction" is pointing us.

I also think it's one of the reasons we didn;t pay "overs" for Trent, a talent no doubt...worth $300K a year as a front line half.....I think not!!

I think we are all going way over the top.
What do you really expect from 2 very young very green halves?

They need to come into a pack and steer them around. The pack are all far more experienced and far older than they are.

Give them a break.

We are in 9th, sure we are playing like ****, but i will reserve my burning torch witch hunt for another time

As I have posted in another thread we badly need a fit Jamie Lyon on the paddock, even with the young halves when he was there (and fit) we looked a LOT better.

I am like you Dan, reserving my "burning at the stake" time for another day...it isn't over until the fat lady sings!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
As I have posted in another thread we badly need a fit Jamie Lyon on the paddock, even with the young halves when he was there (and fit) we looked a LOT better.

I am like you Dan, reserving my \"burning at the stake\" time for another day...it isn't over until the fat lady sings!

Not me, I've got the torch lit and ready to go.....LOL

Gee this is all so much like 2009

WAMF link said:
MPC, you can hardly say that the forwards are laying any kind of proper platform for the halves to operate effectively. Even Cronk would be stuffed playing behind a pack playing as crap as we are.

My point is that it is the halfbacks job to direct the team around the park. If the forwards are not pulling there weight, he should be kicking them up the rear. Here lays one of the reasons why we are not living up to some peoples expectations. We have an inexperienced halfback and it looks like we will have another one next year. We have to be patient.

Dan link said:

They need to come into a pack and steer them around. The pack are all far more experienced and far older than they are.

Give them a break.

We are in 9th, sure we are playing like s**t, but i will reserve my burning torch witch hunt for another time

Bingo Dan

It wasn't all that long ago that the Tigers lost 5 in a row, Souths put 50 on them, Sheens was going to be punted and replaced by Stuart, Marshall wasn't talking to Sheen's etc, and now they are running 3rd and all is a bed of roses

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Mick Juice link=topic=183984.msg273537#msg273537 date=1278903286]
Maybe we could get Red Bull to sponsor our half time.....
Who's bringing the Stilnox?
[/quote]

Nah the magic's in the No-Doz

The half time chat went like this.... 'don't worry we have our secret weapon to bring on with 5 minutes to go, he will tighten up the defence and fire up the attack'.  Unfortunately he is no ben barba. ::)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183984.msg273534#msg273534 date=1278903061]

Give them a break.

We are in 9th, sure we are playing like s**t, but i will reserve my burning torch witch hunt for another time

Bingo Dan

It wasn't all that long ago that the Tigers lost 5 in a row, Souths put 50 on them, Sheens was going to be punted and replaced by Stuart, Marshall wasn't talking to Sheen's etc, and now they are running 3rd and all is a bed of roses
[/quote]

You guys are overlooking one major point.

We were low flying with same team earlier in the year with dominant wins over both  the Storm and the Dragons.

The wheels have fallen off completely in the last 7 weeks and no one seems to be accountable.

Bob, it is a fair point, but we need to be a bit realistic with some of those matches as well

We fielded this backline against the Bronco's and a full strength Titan's mob away from home

Farrar, Robbo, Whare, Williams, Hopoate, Foran, Hodkinson

Let's be honest here, that sort of inexperience will not win an NRL match against quality sides

Penrith match, if we played to our maximum, I don't think we could have beaten them, they were red hot, which made watching how crap they were yesterday even more painful

The Canberra loss was terrible, but then again, the 1st half, aside from 3 sloppy pieces of play, we were going well in that, but didn't front for the 2nd half

The form isn't great, but I also don't mark it down as an indicator of where a fully fit squad will be placed

KE, you mention the words "fully fit" which is vital. Lyon, Stewart and Hodko should not of taken the field against the Raiders.

I don't know the extent of their injuries mate. Hard to know how Lyon was, when he rarely saw the pill or went looking for it

I thought Stewart was our best forward and played a pretty good match so maybe he was ok ?

I guess my main point is, that if we can keep Matai, Lyon and Foran in this backline and have all in form, we aren't that bad a footy side as some may make us out to be

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Bob, it is a fair point, but we need to be a bit realistic with some of those matches as well

We fielded this backline against the Bronco's and a full strength Titan's mob away from home

Farrar, Robbo, Whare, Williams, Hopoate, Foran, Hodkinson

Let's be honest here, that sort of inexperience will not win an NRL match against quality sides

Penrith match, if we played to our maximum, I don't think we could have beaten them, they were red hot, which made watching how crap they were yesterday even more painful

The Canberra loss was terrible, but then again, the 1st half, aside from 3 sloppy pieces of play, we were going well in that, but didn't front for the 2nd half

The form isn't great, but I also don't mark it down as an indicator of where a fully fit squad will be placed

Thank you Kiwi. That is the reality of our current situation. I couldn't agree with you more.

I've got it......I know what the problem is......they miss Grant Goldman revving them up!!!

Kiwi, Gotta love you for swimming while drowning.  I don't buy the line, 'young halves' bull****e.  They've been playing half all their lives so what is the problem now.  It's silly to say he's too young to boss older players around.  Obviously this wasn't a problem in Qld, but seems to be one now.  It would seem to me that Des has a number of older playrs who have way to much ego where it's not deserved (probably front and second rowers)  Des should take charge, tell them to pull their heads in, and do as they are told on the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2