Half Solutions for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
History repeats. When Hodko was bought by dogs in 2010, fans were crying about next season. De$ was forced to use the halfback nobody wanted in Chez and suddenly he's a superstar in 2011. We can do it again. We will succeed with the 4 Half coaches at our disposal (Toovey, Johns, Georgallis, Penna).

So we didn't get Elgey and those other two are leaving us because "they are doing it for their families" *cough* bull *cough*. Time to think of alternatives.

Surely, there are enough young kids out in our own backyard to develop into first graders... or ones being discarded by Dontmatta because they are too busy buying our juniors.

How about Manly's young Riley Travers? He was part of the "NSW Origin Pathways".
and Will Pearsall? :think: Anyone seen them play? Any potential there?

If there are no halves available, as a temp measure, think outside the square and mould another player into one. :nod: Hodges can be a temp solution for one of those spots. Maybe even Wolfy now that he has learnt how to kick. He seems like a very adaptable dude. :rock: And he doesn't cost that much. The rest of the money can be used for re-building for the future.

I have the Manly faith that we can get back to the top again and soon.

Maybe we should up our offer to Cameron Mcinnes. Riley Travers sounds very promising but is he ready yet?

Riley Travers and Will Pearsall are forming a nice combination in the 20s team and in 2 years and by 2016/17 they will be ready.

Do we do as the Tigers did and promote 2 young halves and blood them? They are reaping the benefits of that and it is something we should consider and that would allow us to get in the quality we need in other areas of the team.

There ware plenty of young halves out there. They will come for an opportunity. In the mean time, we should concentrate in other areas( like defence)and slightly change the game plan to compensate for young halves.

History repeats. When Hodko was bought by dogs in 2010, fans were crying about next season. De$ was forced to use the halfback nobody wanted in Chez and suddenly he's a superstar in 2011. We can do it again. We will succeed with the 4 Half coaches at our disposal (Toovey, Johns, Georgallis, Penna).

So we didn't get Elgey and those other two are leaving us because "they are doing it for their families" *cough* bull *cough*. Time to think of alternatives.

Surely, there are enough young kids out in our own backyard to develop into first graders... or ones being discarded by Dontmatta because they are too busy buying our juniors.

How about Manly's young Riley Travers? He was part of the "NSW Origin Pathways".

If there are no halves available, as a temp measure, think outside the square and mould another player into one. :nod: Hodges can be a temp solution for one of those spots. Maybe even Wolfy now that he has learnt how to kick. He seems like a very adaptable dude. :rock: And he doesn't cost that much. The rest of the money can be used for re-building for the future.

Hodges and Wolfy wtf. I want some of what your smoking!

I'm still just going to wait it out and see how it pans out. No need to panic just yet. Even the rd 13 deadline is only time for anyone already signed to backflip. We could still be waiting until August/Sept before any announcements are made in regards to Halves.

Bottom line is can't control or do anything about it so no point getting worked up over it. Most importantly lets focus on the current season :)

Maybe sign one of the english options like Carney on a one year contract. Pair them with Lyon or Gutherson and reward them with an extension if they perform. If not they've kept the seat warm for the under 20's halves.

Hodges and Wolfy wtf. I want some of what your smoking!

Look, if T-Rex can play in the halves, almost ...anyone can.
It's not rocket science.
Tackle, Run the ball, Dummy, Step, Pass the ball at an opportune time, Kick on the fifth or earlier if there's no fullback... Hell I've played footy before and it's not mentally hard. Just didn't have the super fitness and the extra physical edge for first grade. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

I love your positivity but wolfy? he won't even be re signed let alone anywhere near a halfback.

I can't believe how worked up everyone is about 2016.
2019 is the season that most concerns me as I don't think we have a single player signed.

Short sighted planing is what's got us into this mess. So yes this season is important but we need to be looking forward to 16,17,18

I love your positivity but wolfy? he won't even be re signed let alone anywhere near a halfback.

I was thinking we might be desperate. LOL.
The way he played last week, he added stability and experience to the team where we were lacking in previous weeks.
Anyway, who knows. :wondering:

Look, if T-Rex can play in the halves, almost ...anyone can.
It's not rocket science.
Tackle, Run the ball, Dummy, Step, Pass the ball at an opportune time, Kick on the fifth or earlier if there's no fullback... Hell I've played footy before and it's not mentally hard. Just didn't have the super fitness and the extra physical edge for first grade. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
let me take notes. #1.Tackle? (rules out sandow and lg).

I was thinking we might be desperate. LOL.
The way he played last week, he added stability and experience to the team where we were lacking in previous weeks.
Anyway, who knows. :wondering:

It's looking like Riley Travers as half and the experience of Lyon at 5/8 is our best bet at this stage.

We don't want half solutions, we want full solutions!

By the way, whatever happened with Michael Stig?
I was so hoping he'd make it, think of the chants and the banners "Give it to The Stig"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4