• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
What's with all the young clowns yelling and screaming and doing that stupid rubbish with their tongues.  They are making the whole thing an absurdity.  Why should "respect" be shown to such a nonsense when the players are making a mockery of the "traditional" dance themselves?

I'd walk right up to them and pull their tongues, the silly goats.

Matabele link said:
What's with all the young clowns yelling and screaming and doing that stupid rubbish with their tongues.  They are making the whole thing an absurdity.  Why should \"respect\" be shown to such a nonsense when the players are making a mockery of the \"traditional\" dance themselves?

I'd walk right up to them and pull their tongues, the silly goats.

Mata - Far as i know the tongue has always been apart of the Haka i think ? we should respect the Haka it's apart of their culture.

Theres always going to be some players playing for NZ for the first time who may not know the Haka well.

I would have thought someone from a part of South Africa, with a Rugby tradition as well, would respect the Haka - the tongue has always been a part of the 'dance' and a trip to NZ would demonstrate that.

The tongue and the yelling is becoming increasingly over the top.  If you were to watch video, even from 10 years ago there was none of the histrionics that seem to be getting worse and worse.

Fair enough they can do their stupid dance, but the other rubbish that is creeping in with it is a nonsense and they should put an end to it before a player from the opposing side does take matters into their own hands.

What i don't understand is, if its your obligation to stand there and stare at a war dance before a game, why can you not choose to ignore and make fun of it?

Why can the kiwis get what they want, but when it comes to retaliation, you just have to shut and do nothing. Stand their and stare... or you are disrespectful?

It's all so precious.  National anthems are also a waste of time.  Just get on with the footie.

Matabele link said:
The tongue and the yelling is becoming increasingly over the top.  If you were to watch video, even from 10 years ago there was none of the histrionics that seem to be getting worse and worse.

If you go back and watch the All Blacks of the 1970s & 80s (ie those ABC programmes) most of the team were white fellas therefore would have only done an  imitation haka thereofre comparing what was done in the past to the true maori haka is a bit rich

I visited NZ in 1986 and saw Maori dances involving the tongue etc. You can buy postcards like that all over NZ. Not sure why all the fuss. Nothing new in my book.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7