had enough of this "player/coach doesnt know rubbish"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
had enough of this "player/coach doesnt know rubbish"

I cannot cop any more of this garbage re players and coach not knowing anything.it is driving me crazy.it is a simple equation:

1.The NRL has in its possession contracts signed by the player which by definition collectively must amount to at or less than the 4.1 million dollar cap.

2.Once again,by definition,the player must know that the NRL assumes that the player who signed the contract is being paid the amount indicated on the contract.

3.When the player actually receives more than the amount on the NRL held contract via club or 3rd party he must by definition know that his payments are illegal.Iether he has a second secret contract or the excess is simply done via verbally agreed backhanders.Simply if he gets more than the NRL held contract he knows.

4.Another myth.The player in no way needs to know what the other players are earning or whether the combined amount exceeds the cap to know that his payments are illegal.I am sick of that ridiculous argument.He merely needs to know he is getting more than the NRL thinks to know he is in breach.To also suggest that these backhanders are never discussed between well healed close mates with time on their hands is absolute fantasy.

5.Lastly,what people forget is that the new virtually unknown CEO has been their only 6 months and is fully apprised of the rort and helping to conduct it.To believe that a new bloke comes into a club with a control freak like bellamy running the show and smoothly takes over the rort with once again bellamy having no idea is absolutely ludicrous.

The problem lies in the fact that it is in absolutely no-ones interest to uncover player knowledge;it takes the crisis to a new level.

I actually believe the league should allow 3rd party payments outside the cap that do not drain club finances up to a much higher level to retain marquee or developed players but that is a separate issue.i am just sick of this holier than though garbage perpetrated on thinking fans about players being squeaky clean heroes living in an information vacuum.Show us a bit more respect.

Re: had enough of this "player/coach doesnt know rubbish"

You've got to remember that The Storm are owned by a media company. They have the resources and expertise to spin this however they see fit. They can paint whatever picture they want regarding this whole episode, give it a couple of weeks and the players will be the poor unfortunate victims and Waldron will have been a lone wolf renegade CEO. They have turned Matty Johns from a gangbanging adulterer into a prime family viewing timeslot TV host , they can do anything.

I say jail all the fraudulent bastard players..

absolutely agree Cand C.

They have become victims very quickly.It is sickening.

In one of the papers today it says that the players have signed the two contracts within a short timeframe.  Don't tell me they didn't realise that something was going on when one contract is for $350k then the next was for $500k.

Yep.  C & C is spot on about easily led sheep who believe the media.

Storm has created new meanings for the term "marquee player".  And News Ltd have already started creating their new meanings for the Storm disgrace, painting the players and coaches and club as innocent, harshly treated and even heroic victims.

And who doubts the gullibility of the public to a concerted media campaign, including the carefully choreographed imagery like we saw for Bellamy's announcement?

Newscorp must have known about the fraud and so did the players especially those who signed double contracts.  They should have their contracts terminated immediately and banned from the NRL.

The same spin was used during the super league war. "The players are innocent victims"

Some of these guys are molly-coddled victims (by clubs and managers) and it is no coincidence that so many of them have lives that fall apart once they leave the game as they don't have the skills to get by in life as they have not developed the ability or resilience to cope with life.

i despise paul kent after his article on manly after the clubs early season problems last year but his article today on the myths being perpetrated by melbourne is great- simple common sense stuff that even the biggest fool could get his head around.

on another note- how the hell do people think 13 of the junior kangaroos ended up in melbourne a few years ago-the attraction of sunny melbourne!!these blokes went there because sullivan,the recruitment manager,had an open wallet not subject to the cap.he is now at the roosters,has a much smaller wallet and the roosters young sides are hardly overachieving.

everyone who saw inglis,cronk,slater and co as juniors knew they were future stars-it was simply a matter of paying overs to get them then developing them with an infrastructure and coaching budget that disregarded financial losses of 7-10 mill a year as small change.

the real advantage storm has over all clubs is that finacial losses didnt matter with news as owners.how many current clubs would exist running losses like that-none!!

and even with all that in their favour it wasnt enough-they had to go the extra yard and systematically cheat the cap.i have zero sympathy except for crushed fans.

The fact Billy Slater is reported to have requested his extra payments / deals go under the salary cap indicates the guys coping extras must have known something was going on.

Greg Inglis was given a boat ffs. Tell me he didn't go to training braging about his new boat given free of charge by the club and the Bellamy didn't hear any of it. Or that his manager had no idea that this 'boat' just popped into his financials.

Them saying (Bellamy included) that they didn't know is dribble, we all know that.

I feel sorry for two sets of people at the Storm

1) The fans who must be feeling gutted by now.

2) The junior staff members, ie the girl that answers the phone, they would not have known anything and would now be copping heaps from all and sundry.

As to the players (especially the fab four).......IMO Guilty as hell

As to Bellamy....IMO As Guilty as Waldren

There is NO possible way they were not aware of this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2