Gus - Topics merged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
I hate him - he just said we don't belong in finals footy.

Gus you are a FART of the first division.

:(

Just watching the Friday nite footy and heard Gus saying 7 teams can win it and we dont belong in the finals. Maybe Souths should be in there who couldnt even beat the Dragons with their stars out.... 

he was referring to our injury and suspension toll and our last few weeks of footy.

Face it we were lucky to make it

Re: Gus The Puss

Dan link said:
he was referring to our injury and suspension toll and our last few weeks of footy.

He didn't say that - he said we didn't deserve to be there.

He's a sherman tanker.

:)

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185236.msg292981#msg292981 date=1284111709]

He didn't say that - he said we didn't deserve to be there.

He's a sherman tanker.

[/quote]

A new york banker ?
;)

A bloated bee stung head Rorter ****wit who can take his opinions and shove em up his arse.

Just stokes the fire.  Whoever we have on the field on Sunday will run through brick walls.  

Dan link said:

OK in a way we are lucky to be there but in another way we are unlucky not to be a fair few places above where we sit.

For what its worth I like Gus, hated him untill the Matty Johns thing last year. But that footy show after it happen the way he stood up for Matty changed my mind. Having said that who cares what others think about our chances on Sunday

Its a pretty rank comment to say we don't deserve to be there. We beat more teams with a better points differential than the teams below us, so begs the question who does deserve to be there instead?

Yes we have struggled at times this season and right now we look like shot ducks, but thats the point of playing 26 rounds isn't?

Gus thinks he's the guru, but every observation he makes is with the beauty of hindsight.

Listen to his calls during a game, and all he does is state the obvious.

Genius.

He's an olympic class tool and will have those comments shoved down his throat by Sunday night.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
Its a pretty rank comment to say we don't deserve to be there. We beat more teams with a better points differential than the teams below us, so begs the question who does deserve to be there instead?

Yes we have struggled at times this season and right now we look like shot ducks, but thats the point of playing 26 rounds isn't?

This is assured to get endless smites

Melbourne

If they werent caught,we wouldnt be going to Kogarah

gus comments are fair, the top 8 system rewards complacency manly had a win loss record of 12-12, its hardly deserving of a spot in semi finals football,

Finals footy is supposed to be the best of the best. Manly are down on troops, that's life, but with so much to play for last weekend against the bulldogs they rolled over. Some real slack, lazy uncommitted defence. Based on that alone i almost agree with him

We can blame the refs, the injuries, the suspensions, but last week manly had the chance to greatly improve there chances of making it into week 2 of the finals and manly didn't take them. No excuses, just didn't do it. True contenders don't miss opportunities.After losing that game they then had to rely on Souths who have had a miserable season to get rolled or its season over

I'm hopeful and glad we made it, i live in hope that they can progress against the odds but lets face it a team that has massive leads in 4 or 5 games and gets rolled in the second half is not worthy of appearing on the big stage. Losing against the dogs last weeks sends a clear message.  There attitude was down by the number of soft tries they conceded

I'm still cheering hoping, supporting manly. still my team but like Gus or not,manly are pretenders this year and if we didn't have a top 8 for revenues reasons only we wouldn't figure

Most years the number 7 or 8 placed team is just as bad, unless its like Canberra who have got here on late season form

Wasn't there a debate a few years back about everyone wanting to swap an 8th placed team with a form team that had finished 9th for the same reason. Commentators were coming up with wild card entries to get a late season form team into the 8 at the expense of the team who finished 8th but was busted out of form etc. I dot believe that rubbish but its relevent to the topic, manly are not the only team to have been targeted like this

Gould is way smarter than any of the other NRL media combined.

As another poster said the plain facts are:
- we have a 50% (12/12) season record that is hardly impressive
- we have a 50% (5/10) Brookie record that is unacceptably poor
- we limped into the semi's dropping from what should have been 4th/5th to 8th
- we play the no 1 team in the comp and have a thousand injuries/suspensions
- our form has been hopelessly weak and inconsistent in the last 8 weeks
- our season form in second half's is appalling and the stats prove it

Some people can't face the truth.

Gould does.

im in the middle on this.

he cant possibly say we don't deserve to be there.we have had huge injury toll and suspensions and managed enough points to get there.how he gets "undeserved" out of that I dont know.

having said that those same injuries etc and bad form will mean we will be well beaten Sunday and exit early but to say we dont deserve to be there is absolute garbage.

thats the thing with gus-he can be very insightful at times and a minute later make a goose of himself.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6