Ground surface at Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
I was at Lollyland last night watching the Waratahs achieve another one point loss off the back of errors and discipline lapses ... and I watched the surface go from Royal NSW putting surface to WW1 trenches after one scrum. Dead set it was that bad. Huge clumps of turf stripped off the soil bedding.

I hope we have depth as knees and ankles will be destroyed this season!

It will be only a matter of time until the council gets sued when a player suffers an injury that ends their career.
They will only have themselves to blame as the money spent there wouldn't come close to keeping up to a safe standard.

Someone should play the climate change card on the council as they are all greenies these days. A nice thick lushes green field helps reduce carbon dioxide better than a dust bowl.

It isn't good enough, but for Rugby matches this isn't unheard of.

This is from AAMI park (!) in a Super Rugby match in 2016. It was just as bad in a test match against England at the same venue.

images

Now as far as I know, after multiple sporting bodies threatened to withdraw their matches from AAMI Park, it has not happened again.

My concern is that whilst the surface at Brookvale has been complained about constantly, the council have seemingly little desire or urgency to fix it... whilst still charging $45000 per match for the privelege of playing on it.

Last edited:
Manly club try hard not to give it to the Council, but they deserve a serious golf swing up the derriere. Fair dinkum there needs to be campaign to displace the incompetence of these irresponsible fools. Brookvale Oval should be the centrepiece of north shore sporting excellence. Instead we have a ground not much improved since the horse trials at the Brookvale Show when I was a kid back in the late 1950s. Quite frankly I think Manly should refuse to play there in 2019 and not pay a cent to the council. Maybe worth a year of sacrifice. Hit them where it hurts financially.

Quite frankly I think Manly should refuse to play there in 2019 and not pay a cent to the council. Maybe worth a year of sacrifice. Hit them where it hurts financially.

This is probably is what the council want so they can rip the fence down and turn it into a picnic area replacing the field with tables and solar power BBQs.

Dont laugh RICARDO, units and apartments are the in thing today. Not much left of rural living at Riverstone nowadays. Rural living is a swear word out Rivo way now.Those days are gone out there

Tell me about it! I know where u mean and its changed so much ... this new "bring 'em all to Sydney so we have more consumers and tax payers" has got to stop.

Quality of living has declined for existing Aussies.

This government is addicted to stamp duty income, it's disgusting.

Dont laugh RICARDO, units and apartments are the in thing today. Not much left of rural living at Riverstone nowadays. Rural living is a swear word out Rivo way now.Those days are gone out there

Hopefully the council is bound by the original conditions of sale which I understand require the ground to remain for public use only, otherwise I've no doubt some greedy council people would seek a means to rezone it and buy the land cheap for just such purposes. Don't ever trust most elected council people. They are often dominated by developers seeking to manipulate the law to their benefit. I live in what was the Auburn council area and that council was sacked for just those reasons. Greedy, self serving manipulators, often dominate councils outvoting the few who really have the interests of the community at heart.

Hopefully the council is bound by the original conditions of sale which I understand require the ground to remain for public use only, otherwise I've no doubt some greedy council people would seek a means to rezone it and buy the land cheap for just such purposes. Don't ever trust most elected council people. They are often dominated by developers seeking to manipulate the law to their benefit. I live in what was the Auburn council area and that council was sacked for just those reasons. Greedy, self serving manipulators, often dominate councils outvoting the few who really have the interests of the community at heart.

Tell me about it! I know where u mean and its changed so much ... this new "bring 'em all to Sydney so we have more consumers and tax payers" has got to stop.

Couldnt agree more mate.Rural living will be a thing of the past very very soon

Most local councillors are developers or have close ties to them or someone in real estate. They do not have the public's best interest at heart, only self interest.

Most local councillors are developers or have close ties to them or someone in real estate. They do not have the public's best interest at heart, only self interest.

Have to say, this does make me laugh. How long you reckon before they can sell all of these Lighthouse units? How long before they are waiving stamp duty and doing 100% LVR..?

Capture.JPG

Most local councillors are born again Greenies or have close ties to them. They do not have the public's best interest at heart, only self interest.

PSS ... @ricardo , I will agree with you that all developers and Real Estate agents should be barred from Council for having a "perceived" bias ..... if you will agree to all greenies being barred from Council for having a "percieved" bias .....

Most local councillors are born again Greenies or have close ties to them. They do not have the public's best interest at heart, only self interest.

Actually in the Auburn Council, it was the ones who you would identify as Greenies or at least socially conscious, who fought tooth and nail against the developers. One managed to get a lift at our train station for the disabled recently, another to have trees planted along our stark main street. There are several other issues they fought for and won a couple. They were the only ones fighting for the community at large. They may be off with the pixies in some issues Woodsie, but at least Greenies seem to have a social conscience and not be bound purely by avarice, like our developers and many members of the two major parties, of which they used to con people into voting for them..

Actually in the Auburn Council, it was the ones who you would identify as Greenies or at least socially conscious, who fought tooth and nail against the developers. One managed to get a lift at our train station for the disabled recently, another to have trees planted along our stark main street. There are several other issues they fought for and won a couple. They were the only ones fighting for the community at large. They may be off with the pixies in some issues Woodsie, but at least Greenies seem to have a social conscience and not be bound purely by avarice, like our developers and many members of the two major parties, of which they used to con people into voting for them.. We've got a local group called The Battler, which has about forty odd members[ of the community who totally finance themselves, while holding employment elsewhere, printing out leaflets on a regular basis identifying the needs of the community. Good, honest folk trying to improve the lot of the majority, not the few. I'll take them any day over your standard politician./QUOTE]

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7