Greg Bird charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Greg Bird charged
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24234137-2,00.html

NRL star Greg Bird was last night charged for allegedly glassing his American girlfriend in the face.

Katie Milligan, 24, will undergo surgery at the Prince of Wales Hospital today for "glass wounds" to the eye and is also suffering a fractured eye socket.

Police allege the incident took place at Bird's Cronulla unit about 7.30am (AEST) yesterday.

The Cronulla Sharks and State of Origin player walked into Miranda police station just after 8.30pm last night to be interviewed by police.

After more than two hours talking to detectives, the 24-year-old was charged and refused police bail.

He will appear in Sutherland Local Court this morning to face a charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm. Police also gave Bird a summons to attend court in respect of an alleged attack on a 20-year-old woman at a Cronulla nightclub on January 19.

Ms Milligan was transferred from Sutherland Hospital to Prince of Wales Hospital yesterday after she was allegedly attacked with a sharp object, possibly a drinking glass, while at Bird's apartment in Boorima Place, Cronulla.

Bird drove Ms Milligan to hospital about 8.30am.

A trail of blood stretched from the front door of Bird's apartment, across a hallway, into an lift, across the building's foyer and out into the car park.

Doctors feared the lacerations to Ms Milligan's eye were so bad she may lose it.

A hospital spokeswoman said last night that a 24-year-old woman was in a stable condition.

Due to her injuries police have yet to get a statement from Ms Milligan.
She had only been in Australia for two months and had been dating Bird for that time, sources told The Daily Telegraph.

The Cronulla Sharks club had hoped to interview Bird this morning and claimed Bird told them yesterday, before his arrest, he was not responsible.

"I understand he wasn't involved," Cronulla Sharks CEO Tony Zappia said.

"We have only made initial inquiries and Greg has been too concerned about the girl and said he will come and see me first thing in the morning to tell me more."

Scumbag !!Lock the prick up, and throw away the key.
How can someone make love to a person, then glass them the next moment?

Animals.

FFS, this should be what - 6 months in the clink?
If I was a betting man, I reckon Bird will be playing at The Sharks without repurcussion. Scum player for a scum club....and watch all their fans bring out the...innmocent until proven guilty line...

I reckon Bird's missus will change her story to protect the arsehole too.

What kind of peice of S**t would that to anyone let alone their partner if the stories true.

Poor girl - if Bird didn't do this to her someone did and if it was Bird, He should be rubbed out of the game for ever if any charges are pressed.

Well I can't see him playing again in the NRL - I guess the signs where there when he was charged with Kneeing a few years back.

So I was curious about what sharks fans would think about Birds possible guilt, so I decided to read their thoughts here http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2600

So basically even if he is found guilty the a lot of people are standing by him,

Tis'a crazy world we live in.

Lets just wait to see the results before we jump on his back, being charged is not proof of guilt

"By the looks of it Gregy belt her. I dunno Katie, but I know what Greg provides our team, so I don't give a flying sh!t about Katie. Greg can punch or glass the living crap out of who he likes provided he plays well for us. Man, woman, or child, we need Greg. Sweep it under the carpet, Sharkies.

Fair dinkum, I'll tell the cops I was in Cronulla that weekend and was responsible and cop the rap rather than Birdy."

direct quote from "capital shark"on sharksforever.com, no wonder they are called the scum!

Dan link said:
Lets just wait to see the results before we jump on his back, being charged is not proof of guilt
  Agreed.  But if he is found guilty I might resurrect a thread where Nutcraw was upset at me referring to his long record of kneeing people in the head etc.  Like a dog that has bitten a human - where there's form there's always a risk of reoffending.

We manyly fans would do well to remember that with a few of our own "heroes". 

It'll be interesting to see what Gallop says and does to Bird if he's found to have a case to answer.    Seeing as how he came down so heavy on Carney who wasn't even charged with taking a little piss in a cap.  Ludicrous.  Bird's just another member in the 'Club of Grub'.  Just like the coach. 

He has become very big in his boots over the last 18months with all the media adulation he has received.  I noticed a lot of talk over the weekend that this could be the Sharks year. 

LOL....

Still could be Mata's he will get Bail this morning and any proceedings will be after the season is finished.

If he was innocent then why was bail refused and he spent the night behind bars?

If he wasn't in the unit as he states then he will already have started legal action against the police for wrongful arrest.    

Greg Bird charged with violent attack
Paul Bibby and Andrew Webster | August 25, 2008 - 9:35AM

Australian representative rugby league player Greg Bird is expected to appear in Sutherland Local Court today over an incident in which a woman was allegedly hit in the face with a glass, suffering a fractured eye socket and severe lascerations.

Police said last night the woman - believed to be Bird's American girlfriend, Katie Milligan, 24 - was allegedly hit during an argument at about 7.30am yesterday at a unit block on Boorima Place, where Bird's waterfront unit is located.

Bird has been charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was refused bail and will face Sutherland Local Court today.

Yesterday Bird and his rugby league club, Cronulla admitted an incident had occurred at his unit, but denied he had been there at the time.

"Following initial enquiries, the club understands that an argument between two guests at Greg Bird's Cronulla unit has resulted in an injury to a friend," the club said in a statement.

Bird denied any involvement when contacted yesterday afternoon. "Nah mate, nothing going on at all," he told the Herald. "I haven't been at home all day. Enjoy your Sunday..."

The 24-year-old woman remains in Prince of Wales hospital where she will undergo surgery today.

Bird has also been issued a court attendance notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year.

The charges follows two unsavoury incidents involving Bird during the course of this season. Last weekend, he was involved in an altercation with a former cagefighter who had just assaulted his former team mate Nick Youngquest.

The playmaker was also briefly placed under arrest outside a nightclub in Brisbane's West End following the NSW State of Origin team's loss to Queensland on June 11.

tookey link said:
If he was innocent then why was bail refused and he spent the night behind bars?

If he wasn't in the unit as he states then he will already have started legal action against the police for wrongful arrest.    

Greg Bird charged with violent attack
Paul Bibby and Andrew Webster | August 25, 2008 - 9:35AM

Australian representative rugby league player Greg Bird is expected to appear in Sutherland Local Court today over an incident in which a woman was allegedly hit in the face with a glass, suffering a fractured eye socket and severe lascerations.

Police said last night the woman - believed to be Bird's American girlfriend, Katie Milligan, 24 - was allegedly hit during an argument at about 7.30am yesterday at a unit block on Boorima Place, where Bird's waterfront unit is located.

Bird has been charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was refused bail and will face Sutherland Local Court today.

Yesterday Bird and his rugby league club, Cronulla admitted an incident had occurred at his unit, but denied he had been there at the time.

\"Following initial enquiries, the club understands that an argument between two guests at Greg Bird's Cronulla unit has resulted in an injury to a friend,\" the club said in a statement.

Bird denied any involvement when contacted yesterday afternoon. \"Nah mate, nothing going on at all,\" he told the Herald. \"I haven't been at home all day. Enjoy your Sunday...\"

The 24-year-old woman remains in Prince of Wales hospital where she will undergo surgery today.

Bird has also been issued a court attendance notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year.

The charges follows two unsavoury incidents involving Bird during the course of this season. Last weekend, he was involved in an altercation with a former cagefighter who had just assaulted his former team mate Nick Youngquest.

The playmaker was also briefly placed under arrest outside a nightclub in Brisbane's West End following the NSW State of Origin team's loss to Queensland on June 11.

Tookey, why?

Because being charged with a crime does not make you guilty of a crime. For liability reasons we need to say he has been charged and not slander the guy whilst he has not been found guilty by a jury!

Bail is often refused initially in serious crimes.

I'll bet lefty he walks out of court today on bail.

Bird has been released on Bail but the midday news said that Police have claimed that Bird has lied through his teeth about being the one involved and basically obstructed the inviestigation, claiming it was someone else. The interview with the lady has identified him as being the 'alleged ' culprit. ABC news also said that maximum charge, if found guilty, is 25 years!!!

With the latest update on whats happened in the miday news I would suggest the sharks may not have a choice but to stand him down till this is cleared up, it's some really serious ****.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6