Greenburg in Ch9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pt73

Bencher
Premium Member
It's all the refs fault but the bunker is staying. The guys involved in the Sharks clangers will be dropped.

Everyone from Archer down is on notice but the refs are not confused about their role.

Looks like all is OK as Toddy has a plan.

It's all the refs fault but the bunker is staying. The guys involved in the Sharks clangers will be dropped.

Everyone from Archer down is on notice but the refs are not confused about their role.

It's worse under Toddy, the game is a mess and I don't see anything changing, because of these clowns the future of league is uncertain, crowds are down and the punters have no belief that their team will get a fair go, a mate of mine was telling me yesterday that he's going for the Waratahs next year because he's sick of seeing referees deciding the results of games, sadly it's not the same anymore.

giphy.gif

Greenturd thinks he is the God of the NRL, making executive decisions and in total denial about what is killing the game at the moment.

As long as the pet clubs are not affected, there is nothing to see here. The game is one big turn off at the moment and you get used to officials having a huge say in results now. Look at how many games the Donkeys and the Drizzle have one based on refereeing, it is at least 3 wins each. Greenturd is a farce!!

It's worse under Toddy, the game is a mess and I don't see anything changing, because of these clowns the future of league is uncertain, crowds are down and the punters have no belief that their team will get a fair go, a mate of mine was telling me yesterday that he's going for the Waratahs next year because he's sick of seeing referees deciding the results of games, sadly it's not the same anymore.

The Tahs game on the weekend was way better than the Manly one...

Dropping the touchie is basically passing the buck and ignoring the real problem. He's become the fall guy so those above him aren't made to look bad.

Ricky Stuart said this in his presser and he is 100% correct. Ours is the only professional sporting competition in the world where referee interpretations seem to be changed on a weekly basis due to directions from above depending on what the flavor of the week is.

Compare the NRL constantly changing referee interpretations to something I saw when watching the Brisbane vs Adelaide AFL game on Saturday night. There the Ch.7 commentators were talking about certain rules that need changing. The difference? Any changes won't happen until after the season has finished and then its set in stone, even if it works out to be wrong, until AFTER the following season is done. What is set down before the season, right or wrong, stays that way for the entire season.

AFL umpires know what they are looking for from round 1 right through to the Grand Final. They aren't looking for one thing this week, and then ignoring that and looking for something else the next like we get in the NRL.

Ours is an amateur run competition compared to most.

That's a relief because for a minute I thought the NRL was in trouble

Thanks Toddy

:banghead::banghead:

It was interesting hearing Bill Harrigan basically laying the blame for the shiit referring on Tony Archer. Said Sutton bows down to him apparently.

Last edited:
He was on Triple M this morning delivering some more spin like:

Not bashing the refs and the NRL needs them to help them get better
Decisions have got better since video was introduced in 1997 and the bunker had improved the standard
The refs "misunderstood" his directions at the start of 2018 and started look for penalties

You get the picture.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8