Greatest Ever Manly Team 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Five years have passed since this team weas selected.

Since we have won two flags, played in three Grand Finals and made the finals in every season.

Does anyone think any of the current side would force their way in and in place of who?

If someone could list that team I'd have a look, to be honest I can't remember who it was made up of.

Graham Eadie
Ken Irvine
Ray Branighan
Bob Fulton
Michael O’Connor
Wally O’Connell
Geoff Toovey
Malcolm "Mal" Reilly
Terry Randall
Steve Menzies
Roy Bull
Max Krilich
John O'Neill
Des Hasler
Ben Kennedy
Cliff Lyons
Paul Vautin
Frank Stanton (coach)
Ken Arthurson (manager)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can we please have an edit to the original post, the term "flags" is 1 I hate LOL

Look at who posted it. A 'rugby' fan from vIctoria. Welcome btw Melbourne Eagle.

Jamie Lyon comes for Branighan or O'Connor, and that probably pushes Des off the bench.

Glenn Stewart and Watmough are chasing hard for Vautins bench spot, in my opinion Glenn is a much better player but Vautin was a great clubman and premiership winning captain. Maybe in 2-3 years these 2 can be considered up with Vautin.

TBH, I think the only current players that would get a run would be the Stewarts. I never saw Wombat play so it's difficult to compare him to Brett but you'd have to think Snake was right up there. Glenn would probably knock Fatty off the bench. As brilliant as Killer is, I don't think he could get a stat in front of either Bozo or Michael O'Conner. Give it time and you might see DCE or Foz pushing for a spot but it will take a lot to get the nod in front of Toovey but like Wombat, I can't comment on Wally O'Connell.

The only one I'd change at the moment is Lyon in for Branighan. And Des for Frank as the coach.

But in time the Stewart Brothers, DCE and possibly Foran could come into the overall squad. I never saw O'Connell or Bull play, so I can't judge them.

ayjay007 said:
Best Manly teams were in 72,73,76,78,87,96,08 and 11.

I think it would be an injustice to leave the '83 and '95 teams off that list. While both lost grand finals, they were arguably our most consistent sides. Both won minor premierships and were simply a cut above the rest of the competition.

Killer ahead of Btanighan, and Gifty smokes Vautin in terms of ability.

The Who said:
The only one I'd change at the moment is Lyon in for Branighan. And Des for Frank as the coach.

But in time the Stewart Brothers, DCE and possibly Foran could come into the overall squad. I never saw O'Connell or Bull play, so I can't judge them.

Note that the team is listed Fullback, winger, winger, centre, centre... so Branighan is a winger in that list. I guess you could argue that Lyon could come into the centres and O'Conner could be pushed to the wing.

Snake in for Eadie
O'Connell, dropped, Bozo to 5/8,
Lyon to centre, Branighan dropped
Hasler dropped, Foran to the bench
Vautin dropped, Gifty onto the bench
Hasler coach
Stanton Manager
Arko - appointed to Club Godfather

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
Snake in for Eadie
O'Connell, dropped, Bozo to 5/8,
Lyon to centre, Branighan dropped
Hasler dropped, Foran to the bench
Vautin dropped, Gifty onto the bench
Hasler coach
Stanton Manager
Arko - appointed to Club Godfather

You're missing someone. If you drop Branighan and move Bozo to the halves, you need 2 more players in the backline. You've got Lyon so you're still missing a winger.

bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Can we please have an edit to the original post, the term "flags" is 1 I hate LOL

Look at who posted it. A 'rugby' fan from vIctoria. Welcome btw Melbourne Eagle.

Yes a very Victorian, or AFL term there. Must remember which code I am posting about:cool:

Can't stand Rugby, but do love my league. Well Manly to be exact:D

bob dylan said:
When Brett scores 2000 points for Manly he can have Wombats jersey.

Eadie was a goal kicker, Brett isn't. Not a fair comparison.

Melbourne Eagle said:
bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Yes a very Victorian, or AFL term there. Must remember which code I am posting about:cool:

Can't stand Rugby, but do love my league. Well Manly to be exact:D

Lol. Most people down there refer to the NRL as Rugby. Glad you're not one of them. Glad you picked the right team too :)

Btw ... What's your opinion of the Melbourne Storm?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6