Grant Atkins abused by AFB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who was the last player to get sent off and be suspended for swearing at a ref and how long did they get ?

Another angle of the push, my question is after seeing the lines person was looking at?

I am pretty sure the linesman is the same referee that duded us last year against St George and the obvious obstruction of Garrick when the bomb when up in the end. Why didn't the officials on the field just call the penalty. I honestly think horsehead (Maxwell) only adjudicated on the penalty try and not the blatant push in the back. DCE should of been allowed to challenged it. !

As a frustrated supporter these obvious incorrect decisions against us looks like determining our season . Just not good enough !!!!!

The Incomparable Immortal threatened Bill Harrigan hoping he would get hit by a cement truck
I think we should have a cement truck parked inside the grounds in all our home games
r0_208_4000_2458_w1200_h678_fmax (1).jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the linesman is the same referee that duded us last year against St George and the obvious obstruction of Garrick when the bomb when up in the end. Why didn't the officials on the field just call the penalty. I honestly think horsehead (Maxwell) only adjudicated on the penalty try and not the blatant push in the back. DCE should of been allowed to challenged it. !

As a frustrated supporter these obvious incorrect decisions against us looks like determining our season . Just not good enough !!!!!
wow. what a good shot. You watch it from that angle no wonder called possible penalty try, Funa did a really nice kick and had all the running, he could of easily out ran mccullough to get that ball. Could of been an absolute try for the ages

We can beat the dragons and cowboys they are just as bad as us. If we can keep in touch with the top 8 come turbos return we can still make a dent and beat anyone. This is of course if we still have all our players. I bet moses will be back to put 40 on us... this year started out so well for us. 1 game and we lose 2 of our best... :(
Have faith Biff.....losing Trbo & Walker means the replacement players need to form combinations. We shud have won yesterday. 2 tries disallowed & a few close calls plus some dubious decisions took the game away from us! We were the better team & I think we will be fine. A little tweaking or maybe a risk by Des & we can still get to top 4!

Yes and GA says it's a grey area judgement call , that's a complete joke when you see that vision.

Maxwell is in charge and if that's the best he can offer with his experience then he should have some time off.

The th!ng that sh!ts us is we all watch enough footy to know - regardless of who's playing
1. you can be a blocker if you don't run off your line ( and get there first )
2. you can shoulder someone out of the way as long as you're competing for the ball
3. you can't grab or push someone whilst competing for the ball

Graham Annesley - see point 3 above.

Yes, Garrick is kicking at less than 70% this season but at least give him a chance to hit it.

If the ****ing bunker got the call right there wouldn't be any dissent. They got it wrong against the slime, then we slog it out for 79 minutes and they get another call wrong again and expect a player or players not to react. We lose a player for 2 weeks, but what happens to the ****wit that got it wrong in the bunker? It's a ****ing JOKE!!

Effectively even if AFB takes the early plea we lose him for 3 games anyway (we play the Cowboys in Rd 11) due to his anti-vaccine stance and the QLD Government decision to ban players who haven't been vaccinated. We should then challenge it and try to have it down graded so in the future he won't have any carry over points therefore its worth the chance as we really have nothing to lose !!!

Last edited:
Sack the Head of football then because the blokes they are defending keep making the same inept decisions watching a replay over 10 times . I can understand a ref making an error watching a fast play but there is no excuse for the moron in the bunker who has a massive screen watching the replay 10 times and fcks up

Mate, the whole system with the NRL referees needs a complete overhaul. The rules themselves are fine, its the clowns they have running the show and the clowns with the whistles who are the problem and have been for a number of years.

I was looking forward to when they announced the game would be going back to one referee but as it turns out they are so incompetent that they can’t do it by themselves
Still not sold on the 6 again rules , teams are holding down when a team is bringing it out from inside there 20 on the first tackle knowing another tackle is not going to hurt more than a penalty when you can kick for touch and gain more metres , Also you don’t have an option to kick for goal when the goal could be the better option
Manly had that chance in the game last night when 8 behind they got a 6 again call when they might have been better suited getting 2 points to close the gap to 6 , then head back down to get a try instead of having to score 2 tries

Couldn't help myself. I retweeted this to the NRL asking how a senior official such as Jared Maxwell is allowed to get away with an absolute howler like this despite all the video evidence he had at his disposal in The Bunker.

That looks even worse!! Why no sin bin?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6