Grant Atkins abused by AFB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t condone the use of those words, ever, BUT surely there will be some empathy with the situation that existed at the time.

Be ironical wouldn’t it ,

Annersley apologises for the bunker not awarding the penalty AND then suspends AFB for 3 weeks.

It’s almost a given that this will be the scenario.
Has GA even said it was a wrong call?

I see the dinosaur Greg McCallum has weighed in on the argument. Claiming AFB deserves 5-6 weeks! Get back under your rock McCallum.
The bigger worry here is AFB has got himself a BJ Lealua reputation (or getting close). This hurts the club, sponsors, and us fans. Des is going to have to throw a gag order on AFB before the PC brigade have him banished completely.

So Latrine can KO the Warriors player and get off scott free yet afB gets 3 weeks for some poorly choosen words after we were robbed AGAIN... the nrl is a ****ing joke. Great the eels will put a cricket score on us and my bet is moses will return that game same as nathan brown. Its parras year so get used to it people they will cook us and leave us boneless in 2 weeks :(

I was actually defending AFB saying what he said under the circumstances and also agreeing . With the thick skin and PC gone made.

Then I remembered AFB's offence he took when Moylan said that hooka looka mooka thing about the Pacific islanders names.....

He deserves 3 weeks for being a fn hypocrite

If you can cop it then you can dish it.

So Latrine can KO the Warriors player and get off scott free yet afB gets 3 weeks for some poorly choosen words after we were robbed AGAIN... the nrl is a ****ing joke. Great the eels will put a cricket score on us and my bet is moses will return that game same as nathan brown. Its parras year so get used to it people they will cook us and leave us boneless in 2 weeks :(

Yep, to be absolutely honest I’ve looked ahead to try and see where a win might come from , maybe the Warriors in round 13??

As it currently looks we’ll be battling the Warriors , Titans and Bulldogs for the bottom 4.

To be fair it was the video ref that made the final call, Atkins sent it to the bunker to be reviewed.

The whole thing happened right in front of Atkins, he saw the whole damn thing. Given what he sent it to the bunker for, if he saw it he should have bloody well called it.

This is the biggest gripe I have with the modern referees. Because of the video they just don't have the balls to make a call based on what they see with their own eyes. They are too afraid of "getting it wrong". This is what I actually liked about referees like Bill Harrigan. Even after the video ref was introduced with the Super League in 1997 he still had the balls to call things as he saw them. Yes sure he did use the video ref at times, but for better or worse most times he backed his own judgement. Today's referees unfortunately don't do that.

Last edited:
If you didn’t think AFB’s mouth was going to get him in trouble sooner or later, you haven’t been watching. No point going on about right or wrong decisions, he is a liability in this area and HOPEFULLY he learns from it.

Yep, to be absolutely honest I’ve looked ahead to try and see where a win might come from , maybe the Warriors in round 13??

As it currently looks we’ll be battling the Warriors , Titans and Bulldogs for the bottom 4.
We can beat the dragons and cowboys they are just as bad as us. If we can keep in touch with the top 8 come turbos return we can still make a dent and beat anyone. This is of course if we still have all our players. I bet moses will be back to put 40 on us... this year started out so well for us. 1 game and we lose 2 of our best... :(

That was really about AFB losing it over yet another dud call from Horsehead.

AFB and Jake felt how we all felt about yet another shocking injustice.

The bunker is a waste of space!!!!

The bunker / video ref is OK. The problem is that the people manning it are either incompetent and/or biased, and in 24 years since introduced in the Super League in 1997 it has never been used properly or been allowed to make rulings that it should be allowed to make (e.g. forward passes).

If they used the bunker properly and actually had officials in there without their own agendas and bias against certain teams ... most would never have a problem with it.

We can beat the dragons and cowboys they are just as bad as us. If we can keep in touch with the top 8 come turbos return we can still make a dent and beat anyone. This is of course if we still have all our players. I bet moses will be back to put 40 on us... this year started out so well for us. 1 game and we lose 2 of our best... :(
Manly will continue to win the hard games and lose the easy games.

If you didn’t think AFB’s mouth was going to get him in trouble sooner or later, you haven’t been watching. No point going on about right or wrong decisions, he is a liability in this area and HOPEFULLY he learns from it.

AFB unfortunately seems to be the new Choc. Mouth engages before the brain clicks into think mode.

The GA review of refs is out but I havent had a chance to watch, did anyone else watch it

Disappointed to be missing our best meter eater for 2 weeks but I can hardly blame the kid, I said way worse about the ref sitting on my couch. If I'd been on the field busting my arse to give us one last chance and the ref was right in front of me in the heat of the moment, I'd have got a lifetime ban.

lol ga just said penalty for that tackle in his view maxwell judgement call was wrong

so again manly get f....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4