Grand Final Entertainment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Announced today

Good Charlotte headlining
The Script support act
Minefield Project - a group of young singers from West Sydney that Galuvao has formed, and has written the song they will be doing
Sarah De Bono national anthem

I don't know why they bother getting B-Grade, incoherent Americans across to "entertain" people. The only entertainment they provide is their calamity (eg Meatloaf last year at the AFL, Billy Idol at the NRL etc etc). People are there to watch the football. Just get on with it.

another steaming pile of channel 9 cross promotion. When was the last time they had some good high energy rock to create an atmosphere. No one at a footy game cares about talent quest and five minutes of fame tv hacks that'll be miming anyway.

I'm not all that disappointed with it tbh

Good Charlotte is certainly better than some of the last stuff they have had and a bit more up tempo, while 1 of the songs the script will be playing fits in perfectly with the tribute to the retiring players

Matabele said:
I don't know why they bother getting B-Grade, incoherent Americans across to "entertain" people. The only entertainment they provide is their calamity (eg Meatloaf last year at the AFL, Billy Idol at the NRL etc etc). People are there to watch the football. Just get on with it.

Totally agree Matabele.
Why put crap bands on, or for that matter any bands/ singers to entertain (?) at half-time. That's when you go for a pee (and line up) or grab a Cold Dog or another beer re-fill.
They could save a lot of money!

Similar to The Game Plan - a good intelligent RL show and now that put bloody singers on.

OK I'm just another Grumpy Old Man!

Jeez, you guys really are a barrel of laughs. Get over yourselves. The pre game build up is a traditional and very important part of the pre game atmosphere and it is the pinnacle of the NRL season. Too bad if you don't like the band they've chosen. Like really, too damn bad.

They should've got Jon Bon Jovi out to sing the theme song and a cpl of his.

Kelly Clarkson last year was exceptional. Everytime i hear "Mr Know It All" I get a smile on my dial as it reminds me of our win. Even AFL types were saying they lucked out with Meatloaf and how great Kelly was. I think Good Charlotte will be entertaining. It is a cross promo for Channel 9, but I can handle their choices with the entertainment this year.

Hmmm. Steel Panther would have got everyone in the right mood! Plus they are on tour around then I think! If you dont know who they are.... Youtube them. You're welcome in advance.

Slash would kill it at the GF too.

We should get billy idol back and give him another go!

(then maybe deliberately sabotage the audio again - just to see his head explode)

The pre game stuff is all a Nine Promo.
Some good toe tapping rock and roll always gets the Crowd moving as opposed to the extremely loud and frentic modern stuff.
Good old eagle rock is here to stay!

The Grand Finale, of Manly singing their Victory Song on the dias, should be miked up IMO :)

I like Good Charlotte but was at the opening round of V8 supercars this year in Adelaide and Good Charlotte were the headline act for the after race concert. They sounded like crap so I hope they do a much better sound job at ANZ.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4