• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I rate this guy highly, so highly I even stated I believe he is made for origin however the reason for this post is a little different.
With so many rookies as our only real depth out wide I think Des would opt for Gosiewski at Centre should we have a couple of injuries to our backs. He played there a few times last year and did well, he runs great lines, strong defensively and is definitely fit enough and lean enough. Centre and 2nd row are very similar roles nowadays and with so much depth in our forwards I reckon Gosiewski at centre (should we have some injuries) just makes sense. Keep the young guys at Blacktown for the first few months and have them force their way into the side through form rather than just handing out an NRL debut cos we are short on numbers. Interested to hear peoples thoughts

Interesting Robbo .... but just like your thinking regarding depth in the forwards ... I would suggest we have depth also in the backs and even depth in bench utility options .. so to play someone out of position or manufacture a centre ... may not be req'd ...

Having said that .... it is a possibility and not a bad option ....

I would prefer that he only played there if it was only really necessary and not on any run on side [ again only if other options were not available ] Good bustling player and should be favored for a bench spot with Thommo and Siro available and then more then capable of offering a Tom Symonds type role [ maybe with less polish but with more aggression and power running ] Think that Elliot will be the centre option if Suli and Parker are not available and as much as prefer Walker as the 6 , he could be another option there if needed . Should be still more then capable of playing there [ fill in centre ] again however if the circumstances warranted it .

How fast is he, and does he have a youtube clip?

Plus he's from Murwillumbah and is therefore as crazy as the first person to look at a cow udder and wonder if they too could drink what's coming out of it.

Does anyone know how much he has played in the backs? I kinda thought he was being primed as a Thompson replacement.

I like him though. Just hope he has an injury free run.

edit: Someone must think he's ok to cover the centre spot. SO maybe he's done some time there.
If he can hit like Matai, train him up!

Last edited:
How fast is he, and does he have a youtube clip?

Plus he's from Murwillumbah and is therefore as crazy as the first person to look at a cow udder and wonder if they too could drink what's coming out of it.

Does anyone know how much he has played in the backs? I kinda thought he was being primed as a Thompson replacement.

I like him though. Just hope he has an injury free run.
Certainly covered some ground quick [ for at least 40 meters or so anyway ]when he took that vital intercept against the Raiders in a late 2119 season away game ] Could well be our quickest forward although Hamole and probably Schuster has some genuine toe as well ]

Obviously Elliott is 1st drop for any outside back injury but then we are into Hoppa, Funa, Smith etc who are all untried rookies. There is a bit of depth there but none with runs on the board. Hopefully a couple of these young guns step up and we will be talking about how good our backline depth is. We have such a good squad this year but outside backs is still a little unknown should we cop injuries to say 3 of our starters.

Walker, Parker, Suli, Ben Trobjevic, Elliott, Smith, Schuster, Funa even possibly Anderson. We have too many potential centres at present and I'm more worried that we'll loose a few in a year or so. If we were desperate, I mean really desperate, its worth a thought. But I think we are well serviced with centres. Wouldn't Gossie be better as a roving back rower?

Surely the back row is what we need to cover.
Pretty sure poor Sirro hasn’t had an injury free year since he got here though he came close last year. Joel has reached that age where the body starts to wear out. Jake will be picked for Origin.
I’ve always thought it would be the back row where we might come up short.

I would prefer that he only played there if it was only really necessary and not on any run on side [ again only if other options were not available ] Good bustling player and should be favored for a bench spot with Thommo and Siro available and then more then capable of offering a Tom Symonds type role [ maybe with less polish but with more aggression and power running ] Think that Elliot will be the centre option if Suli and Parker are not available and as much as prefer Walker as the 6 , he could be another option there if needed . Should be still more then capable of playing there [ fill in centre ] again however if the circumstances warranted it .
Yep agree - purely just as a fill in and in emergency situations. Bur love him as a bench forward - plays with great passion and toughness

Surely the back row is what we need to cover.
Pretty sure poor Sirro hasn’t had an injury free year since he got here though he came close last year. Joel has reached that age where the body starts to wear out. Jake will be picked for Origin.
I’ve always thought it would be the back row where we might come up short.
Jet Ski and Waddell stepped up to the plate last season when needed , young Hamole should be ready also , Schuster not far behind him . Should have enough cover there all things normal .

Gosiewski I love this bloke

His passion
His agro
His resilience
His versatility
His take no prisoners and never say die approach every time he takes on the field

Gosiewski inspires his team mates and pisses off his opponents

A fit and fiery Gosiewski is a good fit to our our Manly team this year

gosiewskij-scores-a-try--celeb-1gp_5289.jpg

Absolute goer...a few errors, but as old legend coach Jack Gibson said “ If you make a mistake at 100 mph all is good”....not sure about SOO standard just yet, but a bloke always close to the action who fights for his team...great bench option in 2020

a little bit too much detail there for just a fanciful thought GE....you were an M’bah boy at one stage if I’m not mistaken were you not?@:p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8