Goodbye Gifty for Glenn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
GOODBYE GIFTY FOR GLENN
074e6aadbeae9bba3cea42c0c2334ad4

Glenn Stewart will finally call it a day. (West Devils Football Club Facebook)
A DECADE after his Manly Sea Eagles flogged Melbourne Storm 40-0 to win the 2008 NRL grand final, Glenn “Gifty” Stewart is celebrating another premiership.

Stewart, 34, returned to his junior club Wests Devils in the Illawarra League this season and they beat Thirroul 18-16 in the grand final last Sunday.

The former NSW Blues, Origin and Kangaroos forward will now retire.

And on the NSW North Coast, another former NRL player is celebrating a grand final victory. Brent Kite coached Tweed Coast Raiders to their first NRRRL premiership. They lost only one game during the season and then beat Ballina 24-4 in the big one.

source:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/431a29867f853382c3431c559b625f26

The inside flick pass from hopoate to gifty 2011 grand final always come to mind.Thanks for the memories gifty.
Great moment and also appreciated his grubber kick through to I think Wolfman, deep inside his own half, leading to the important DCE try right on half time...

What a legend... I'd love to see a spot for him in the coaching team at the Sea Eagles. Perhaps more chance of ice forming on the sun but there you go

Gifty was a ben kennedy clone but with more footy. If ballin does get the gig they should bring gifty back as defence coach or similar. He didnt just know how to tackle, he knew when. And choc followed him.
Regardless of who is to blame the infighting that went on at all levels , it cost manly its sucession planning. Time to grow up ,and get gifty back. I reckon if we did he may restore order to the team, but also bring closure to the club. I have no doubt it would open the door for some healing with matai, brett and choc. We need them back because of there footy nous and there timing. They are legends and manly needs them as with jamie. Forward consultants, centre consultants,
Its just not right for the club and some of its most loyal servants to be a loggerheads. That is the saddest part of the off field war
Chuck tooves into that mix as well. Get them all back and we will be top 4 in 3 years, even des. Pride is for sooks, suck it up and do the job manly

Still in awe of his short kick to Robbo that broke open the 2011 grand final v Warriors. Such a bold play in a grand final from a backrower. For that one play alone he is a Manly legend.

2m 27 sec:
Gotta admit I thought he was off his head the second he did that.
How wrong I was...

Still in awe of his short kick to Robbo that broke open the 2011 grand final v Warriors. Such a bold play in a grand final from a backrower. For that one play alone he is a Manly legend.

2m 27 sec:
giphy.gif

Curse to hell whoever put that video together - highlight package 6m45s my ass, it's a 80min highlight package!!!

For those at the game and the club afterwards he would answered all those questions and more

Champion is our Gifty along with brother snake who is also contemplating some decisions on his own future

Never say never but will not happen while the biro’s still involved unless a lot more than pride is swallowed

What else can I say about the Great Gift that has not been posted on here except Great players like Gift have made our club Great over the years and Thanks for the memories

2m 27 sec:
Nicely assisted by Lewis Brown, defending that side for the warriors!!!
How did we ever draft that muppet?

For those at the game and the club afterwards he would answered all those questions and more

Champion is our Gifty along with brother snake who is also contemplating some decisions on his own future

Never say never but will not happen while the biro’s still involved unless a lot more than pride is swallowed
Who is the biro

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4