Good on ya Chez!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Incredible defence tonight on multiple occasions! Truly elite, there aren’t too many halfbacks who can whack a forward like you mate. A joy to watch. No doubt, you will have the usual couch surfers coming out screaming blue bloody murder, despite the fact we would have been beaten by much more than two points without you.

Loved the captains try you scored after you lost the spur of the moment 50/50 decisiom which saw you spend ten in the sheds. Try assist and lovely kicking game to boot. (No pun intended.)

Gerard Maxwell is a sleazy cadoodler, an agenda merchant Of the highest order who always swings the hazy calls against whoever he hasn’t backed on the punt.

Great game tonight champ, and I loved those floating bombs you launched as well!

You can never knock DCE's work rate, has most skills you want in a halfback but can either over complicate a play or be overly predictable and telegraph his pet plays too often.

Such a talent that should be a much better player that is for sure.

Was his best game all year. Finally some nice spiral bombs and our short game was a lot better. Still a few dud kicks but a big improvement from the last few weeks
You said it Robbo, can’t believe sone of the stuff I’m reading about him on the game day thread.

I see Foxsports have already come out to say we were robbed, AGAIN! Oh well. There was the Tigers 2 metre forward pass in the last minute back in 2018, the shocker at the end of the Dragons game last season, and the Eels robbery 3 weeks back, the boya must be used to this by now.

Thanks Kevin, finally he gets some praise. He was our only threat tonight and a proper threat at that. Obviously a couple mistakes like should’ve passed to funa... but he threatened with the ball and kicked well, kept ponga out of the game. Said in another post its frustrating watching the fans bash him when hes basically the only other attacking threat bar Turbo. Cheers

Yep fair play to Anasta he’s banging our drum even raised the game we were robbed v Penrith! It’s true tho that Parra loss was a joke. At least tonight we needed a kick frm the sideline to get to golden point tonight which he mightent have made.oh well good effort, we’ll be good for it next week.

He was better than he has been, but still not great. A player of his ability and experience should be able to deliver more often than he does.

his kicking is still terrible, I don’t think fans are watching how the in form half’s in the comp ply their trade. Cherry is miles off that at present.

he does not engage the line how he used to. And that sin bin was not 50/50 it was a clear cut professional foul that cost us

I can tell the effort is somewhat there, but the execution is what matters

Last edited:
The thing is with DCE, I just enjoy watching him play, I think something is going to happen - good or bad :banghead: Yes, sometimes he frustrates the **** out of me cause I know how good he is, and it's usually because he is trying too hard - but I would still not want anyone else wearing the number 7. He can be a joy to watch cause he gives it 100% every match! He is not boring or safe like a lot of other halves, he has so much skill just sometimes tries a little too hard but I usually sit back and wait for another big play that only he can pull off. Just disappointing when we don't see more of it every single week, but every player has purple patches and then slight form dips. Hopefully he is regaining his best. People say he needs to put his body on the line more, well I don't think any half puts his body on the line more than DCE. Often the last line of defence!

Plus he is Manly through and through - that's a given!

Ran around like a headless chook again, couldn't find the in-goal with a kick again.
Did some good things today but couldn't run a stick up a dogs arse.
Will make a good 6 beside a game-managing 7 someday.

Incredible defence tonight on multiple occasions! Truly elite, there aren’t too many halfbacks who can whack a forward like you mate. A joy to watch. No doubt, you will have the usual couch surfers coming out screaming blue bloody murder, despite the fact we would have been beaten by much more than two points without you.

Loved the captains try you scored after you lost the spur of the moment 50/50 decisiom which saw you spend ten in the sheds. Try assist and lovely kicking game to boot. (No pun intended.)

Gerard Maxwell is a sleazy cadoodler, an agenda merchant Of the highest order who always swings the hazy calls against whoever he hasn’t backed on the punt.

Great game tonight champ, and I loved those floating bombs you launched as well!
106717719_10158372309122357_8522767434612283139_n (1).jpg

He did well today. it wasnt his effort, or his try. It was because he went pre loaded with a half backs game. He did his job ,

If someone couldjust ensure he has the right download each week before he goes out there.

But in fairness when he was binned he felt responsible and played a responsible game. Currently id be happy for himto be binned weekly if thats what it takes to make him think about the game they play. He does nothing generally in the first 20 so we could afford it.. His early kicks before being binned wete predictably awful

We kicked better later today because he went in with a plan and executed it without 5 options confusing what we need to do when he came back on the field

But anyway he played ok. First game this year though, be honest.
Not a great ROI, one good loss game out of 8.

Imagine if turbo and walks played when the half played like this. Turbo would get you home for sure

He wasnt superman yesterday , its ok to suggest he should play this well most weeks

He was better today at what he is not equipped to do. Until we have a game controlling 7 so he can be the running 6 he instinctively is we are wasting heaps of our cap. He can be a running 6 worth his price...but he can't be the one to control the game.
We need a Foran/Green type at 7 so DCE can contribute what he really has to give...or we will not win a premiership in the next 5 years he is contracted.

Do whatever needs to be done to find the money to make it happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4