Good chance to see a few new faces

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
Not sure if there is a thread on the team for Saturday yet as my connection is pretty bad.

I thought Sipley brought plenty of energy in his short time against Tigers.Will be good to see how he fares playing plenty of minutes in a starting role.

Fainu is a rising star in my opinion and Api will appreciate his presence this week. He was really courageous in the ruck last week and was one of our best but after a long layoff we may see the young tyro and him sharing equal minutes.

Waddell is the surprise selection. Thought he was gone for a while.Looked like a real footballer and not a robot in the trial and really looking forward to him giving us something different on the edges. Sirro should be better for the run also.

We looked a little flat last week. New faces should bring some energy and hopefully it’s contagious.

I’m pretty sure we’ll get a touch up but hopefully these guys will give us something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Yep got a good family crew heading down from Goldie.I’m a lucky charm re the chooks. Never been at Brooky when they’ve beaten us ( admittedly they haven’t beaten us often ) .

Not sure if there is a thread on the team for Saturday yet as my connection is pretty bad.

I thought Sipley brought plenty of energy in his short time against Tigers.Will be good to see how he fares playing plenty of minutes in a starting role.

Fainu is a rising star in my opinion and Api will appreciate his presence this week. He was really courageous in the ruck last week and was one of our best but after a long layoff we may see the young tyro and him sharing equal minutes.

Waddell is the surprise selection. Thought he was gone for a while.Looked like a real footballer and not a robot in the trial and really looking forward to giving us something different on the edges. Sirro should be better for the run also.

I’m pretty sure we’ll get a touch up but hopefully these guys will give us something to look forward to.

Agree Sue. I think Des has picked the best side available. They are likely to get done however as long as they have a crack we have reason to think there are better times ahead. I am glad Des chose Fainu over Trent as there is definitely more up side and X factor which is what we lack. I too would like to see Sipley get longer minutes as we haven’t seen that in his limited appearances in the top grade.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Fainu will add to the kicking options as well as bring some organisation around the ruck and I think Kane Elgey has learnt that Des needs him to help in that regard also. Should see a more varied kicking effort. Thought Kane was ok against the Tigers in a beaten side.

Taking the family down and I cannot wait - It’s obviously a huge mountain to climb and the Roosters will be smarting after last week so my expectations aren’t through the roof.

But above all else it’s the first game at Brookie for the year, the weather is looking good and my young bloke is just as keen to get down and support the boys - Wouldn’t miss it!

I hardly made it to many games last year so I'm looking forward to seeing several of our players live for the first time, especially Suli, Elgey, Garrick, Sipley, Fainu & Waddell. This year I'll be at all the home games, that's the current plan anyway!

All the forwards need to do is look at last weeks effort and be thankful they're still in 1st grade because they were ineffectual. If they committ to giving 100% effort then they might give the backs something to work with.

Great call Sue - need some fresh blood to raise the performances and send a message, you will get opportunity if you are keen, hungry and train well....on the flip side, don't expect to hold your spot if the effort and attitude are not on point.
Des has basically sent a message - you fight hard to hold your spot, those not in the 17 can jump the fence if they deserve the opportunity....then the ball is in their court.
Competition adds a healthy attitude and brings out the best in those who deserve it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6