Going Well

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snoz

While the team is yet to gel and combine well like the well oiled Dragons team I reckon we should be really happy with where we are sitting considering:

1. Disjointed team due to injuries
2. A couple of players not back to their best - Stewart & Lyon
3. Only 1 home game so far this year

The only downer for mine is the front row seem to be soft. King is having a go, Rose on occassions but Kite is just awful. He seems to pass alot these days instead of putting his body on the line and churning out some decent aggressive hit ups to get the momentum going.

Cliffy4PM said:
Kite will stand taller than all, when needed. No use playing your grand final game in April.

If he is only going to stand up in one game he shouldn't be there. He needs to stand up every week of piss off.

Cliffy4PM said:
Kite will stand taller than all, when needed. No use playing your grand final game in April.

I'd actually prefer to see Kite on the bench with Gavluvao pushed up front which allows us to start with.
King.
Ballin.
Gavuvao.
Choc.
Gift.
Ferris.

I agree with everything you are saying Snoz.

If all goes to plan we should be firing come the second half of the year, but the front row is a worry.

Winning games without some of our big guns shows we have depth and confidence. Last year we faded in the second hald but this year we are finishing strong.

Snoz said:
While the team is yet to gel and combine well like the well oiled Dragons

You are kidding arent you?

Whilst we are going ok and i have no real complaints (apart from Williams but thats another story) we certainly arent in the same parish as the Dragons, they are a cut above at the moment, and it remains to be seen if any team will raise their own standards to meet them.

having said that we are going ok, and I agree with the rest you have said.

At the start of the year I would have been quite happy to take 3 wins from 5. We have been beaten by 2 by the rabbits who were red hot and the Storm who have been flogging most teams. All this whilst we haven't been anywhere near full strength and are still trying to get use to a new half back. The comp is wide open and I may have to revise my prediction that we will scrape into the 8 to possible top 4. Go you Eagles!

problem is Sheik, injuries to Kite and King will leave us stuffed. That would mean a starting prop lineup of Mauro and Rose, with Cross and Robinson backing up eeek

Fro said:
Snoz said:

Whilst we are going ok and i have no real complaints (apart from Williams but thats another story) we certainly arent in the same parish as the Dragons, they are a cut above at the moment, and it remains to be seen if any team will raise their own standards to meet them.

At least we beat the Sharks - the Dragons couldn't manage that!

Darren said:
problem is Sheik, injuries to Kite and King will leave us stuffed. That would mean a starting prop lineup of Mauro and Rose, with Cross and Robinson backing up eeek

Given Kite's current form maybe a blessing in disguise

So what Marcus?

in this comp not every game will end up as predicted, and the sharks are not the rubbish team they have been in years gone past.

I didnt say Saints would win every game, but that they were the benchmark team.

And if you take anything other than a sense of relief to get the 2 points from Saturday night then you are a fool. We dodged a bullet, that much is plain.

**** Saint merge they aren't the bench mark they're a bunch of knob swallowers who are on a path to oblivion. We will accomodate them no worries this year and once smiling Wayne leaves they will be a rotting carcass once again.

Fro, re read the sentence you replied to mate, he said we are YET to gel like the Dragons, not that we were like them

Fro said:
Snoz said:

A bit tired on Monday Fro?

So what? So your claim that the Dragons are "a cut above" is rubbish! I agree with you that they are the benchmark (I said so in another thread), but they are hardly setting the world on fire and could be beaten by a number of teams in this comp (including the Sharks and including us as well on our day).

I thought the Sharks were the better side on Saturday night, but I do think we can take away a little more from the win against the Sharks than just relief. The chance for the young blokes to experience that sort of a win together at NRL level is pure gold. They will be able to draw on that experience when they are in the trenches later in the year, and even in later years.

We have a long way to go, but I am excited about our prospects.

If that makes me a fool, so be it!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4