Going in as favourites for the first time in 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
It feels good to be going in as favourites for the first time this year, but I am not sure that I am that confident we will run away with it as strongly as the

sportsbet odds suggest

Click here for the full odds

$1.56 isn't too bad and probably worth a punt, but the Knights have been pretty good.

What do you think?

Dan link said:
It feels good to be going in as favourites for the first time this year, but I am not sure that I am that confident we will run away with it as strongly as the

sportsbet odds suggest

Click here for the full odds

$1.56 isn't too bad and probably worth a punt, but the Knights have been pretty good.

What do you think?
Prob shoot for HT / FT double - makes the odds that bit better.

http://partners.sportingbet.com.au/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_253b_1393&url=http://www.sportingbet.com.au/Default.aspx#&&s=Sports-2122727

(1-12) 3.15 
(13+) 2.90 

Newcastle
(1-12) 4.05 
(13+) 5.50

I think it's a bit of a worry.

We've had one gutsy win but the Knights are the form team of the comp along with the Dogs & probably Melbourne.

It's going to be a tough ask. Everyone who's banking on the emotional wave getting us home has to remember how many parties Manly has crashed in the past. Newcastle will be looking to do this to us.

The boys can do it it but will have to be really good on the day. It's not the cert the odds would have you think.

Taking your heart out of it, a lazy dabble on Newcastle looks pretty good value.

If you think we can start with a dominent 1st half the 9+ HT margin usually pays well.....i may go with the emotion & pay the price or get paid  :p

Duff link said:
I think it's a bit of a worry.

We've had one gutsy win but the Knights are the form team of the comp along with the Dogs & probably Melbourne.

It's going to be a tough ask. Everyone who's banking on the emotional wave getting us home has to remember how many parties Manly has crashed in the past. Newcastle will be looking to do this to us.

The boys can do it it but will have to be really good on the day. It's not the cert the odds would have you think.

Taking your heart out of it, a lazy dabble on Newcastle looks pretty good value.

This.

Knights have been playing a much better game than Manly so far, we shouldn't be favourites IMO.

One emotion charged win over a woeful Roosters doesn't make us world beaters.

Need to put pressure on Jarrod Mullen early. If we give him to much confidence early, it could be a long afteroon. He is playing good footy at the moment.

Agreed on Mullen. He is the engine of their entire team currently, especially with Gidley out.

When Mullen is playing well he is the best 5/8th in Australia, can't let him get into a rhythm. He will absolutely tear us apart.

That bloody winger Uate, he killed us at Bluetongue last year...he's the worry!! (ie read up against Twinkle Toes)

If you are going to have a punt, my preferred bookie is sportingbet.com.au, us the banner adverts or my signature if you are going to punt through them, and that would be greatly appreciated

I see we are still $23 for the Premiership. That is still overs for mine.

Unlike someone in this thread I never bet against Manly. So far this year I have had NFI on our games but I do agree that Drugcastle have a good chance.

However, you would think that the Brookie atmosphere with a big crowd should see the boys easily get home. Manly by 8+. I am sure I'll wade in on Sunday as the confidence grows. $2.00 at the line could be the go.

Half Time Margin -

NAME LINE ODDS
Manly Sea Eagles 1-4 6.50
Manly Sea Eagles 5-8 5.50
Manly Sea Eagles 9+ 3.50
Newcastle Knights 1-4 7.00
Newcastle Knights 5-8 7.50
Newcastle Knights 9+ 5.75
Draw 9.00

1st Try Scorer - Home Team -

NAME ODDS
Brett Stewart (Man) 8.00
Michael Robertson (Man) 6.00
Will Hopoate (Man) 8.00
Tony Williams (Man) 8.00
David Williams (Man) 7.00
Kieran Foran (Man) 9.00
Daly Cherry-Evans (Man) 12.00
Jason King (Man) 26.00
Matt Ballin (Man) 18.00
Brent Kite (Man) 26.00
Anthony Watmough (Man) 16.00
Joe Galuvao (Man) 18.00
Glenn Stewart (Man) 14.00
Penalty Try (Man) 81.00
No Sea Eagles Try Scored 13.00

Prefer to be the under dog on the odds. I think we will win but it wont be as convincing as the odds show. Newcastle are playing good footy & are at the top. We need to turn up for the game & play well. The brett emotion will help us as long as we dont base everything on that.

here is one

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM FOR ROUND
Manly Sea Eagles 4.50
Penrith Panthers 5.00
Melbourne Storm 8.00
Canterbury Bulldogs 11.00
Sydney Roosters 11.00
Brisbane Broncos 12.00
Wests Tigers 12.00
Canberra Raiders 14.00
Parramatta Eels 15.00
South Sydney Rabbitohs 15.00
Gold Coast Titans 17.00
St George Illawarra Dragons 17.00
Newcastle Knights 21.00
New Zealand Warriors 26.00
Nth Queensland Cowboys 29.00
Cronulla Sharks 41.00
Pay on the team which scores the most points for the round. Extra time included. Dead heat rules apply

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7