Goal Kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Give it to someone who can actually make the distance. That second one my Ox wasn't even from the sideline and he couldn't even get the length.

Second week in a row kicking has let us down.

Cliffyisgod, For the past three seasons kicking from Orford has been a big beef of mine.  I brought it up with coaching staff two seasons ago.  No response.  It's chronic and bloody obvious that someone, anyone, could be groomed to take not only the goal kicks, but the line kicks from the dwarf.  Why he grabs the ball is beyond me.  Is it an ego thing?  Does Hasler have the balls to give those duties to another?  Who knows?

I think Jamie Lyon throughout his career has proved he is worthy, though he was injured for the second goal last night.

Gotta agree you need some one up around 89% plus average.

If he had of kicked the 2nd goal could have gone into extra time but then again if defence would have played for 80mins then we could have won the game to.

Ballin has the biggest boot in the club from what I've seen. Why he doesn't take dropouts & line-finders is beyond me. Surely Chris Bailey would have some power as well?

Maybe Tony Williams will take the goal kicking when he plays. Matai should be doing it for now as Lyon has leg problems that we don't need aggravated (not that it would've mattered as it turned out).

I doubt anybody in the club would have nailed that 2nd goal, into that wind tbh I thought it was a pretty fair effort and not many in the comp would have nailed that

I agree guys we need a better goal kicker. Jamie Lyon would be my first choice but with his current injury i think Tony Williams has to be the obvious choice.
I have seen Williams kick and he hits them sweet. Distance would never be a problem for the guy.

Jamie Lyon should be kicking. Anyone but Orford please. Get Dessie's grandmother or Jye Mullane but just get someone. Just to think that a decent kicker would have us on four points (undeservedly maybe but that is the margin in an even comp.)

I agree Mr T is the man,I can't wait to see him in the colors hopefully destroying maddog otherwise known as drugog ;D

Surely Des knows this and it's in the best interest to have both Matai & Tony Williams practice their goal kicking at training.

Matai can kick i haven't seen a lot of Tony Williams kicking but I've heard he is a sweet kicker of the ball.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I doubt anybody in the club would have nailed that 2nd goal, into that wind tbh I thought it was a pretty fair effort and not many in the comp would have nailed that

I disagree completely.

Lyon, Matai and William could have got that distance and then some.

How many times has the wind been all over the place and someone like el Masri has drilled it very low to keep it out of the wind and get the points?

At the best of times Orford struggles for distance from the sideline.

We are much closer to the pack this year, so unlike last year, missing the off two points/four points will make a massive difference.

I agree that Orford is not our main kicker but TBH, if lets say he did kick it i still think we would have lost that game.

The second half for us was crap you could even see Des when the camera was on him, telling the players to run straight and they kept trying to run around and force the pass.

But on a positive note it was good to see Lyon taking the penalty kicks.

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=179906.msg216411#msg216411 date=1238471439]

I disagree completely.

Lyon, Matai and William could have got that distance and then some.

How many times has the wind been all over the place and someone like el Masri has drilled it very low to keep it out of the wind and get the points?

At the best of times Orford struggles for distance from the sideline.

We are much closer to the pack this year, so unlike last year, missing the off two points/four points will make a massive difference.
[/quote]

The distance was irrelevant in that particular kick, as the wind was taking it away from the posts. El Masri is regarded as the best kicker there has been, and I still don't think any our other options would have nailed that kick last night. It required a bit of curve on it, and from what I have seen Matai and Williams both kick the ball dead straight

I wouldn't mind seeing Matai kick full time, but he wouldn't inspire me with confidence either tbh

matai kicks off the outside of his boot, the odd thing about his kicks are that they curve one way, then the other in the same flight

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6