[Resurrected] Goal kicker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE generally surprised me last season but he is clearly not a first choice kicker given some of the sitters he missed. I would be giving the kicking duties to Elgey so as to take some responsibility off DCE - it will also enable DCE to talk to the team after we score.

Sometimes I feel goalkicking can be a little overstated

I mean obviously not having a 65% kicker to a 85% kicker but Elgey kicking at 83% is fine, and to be honest having an 83% kicker to an 88% kicker isnt really changing too many results

I mean obviously not having a 65% kicker to a 85% kicker but Elgey kicking at 83% is fine, and to be honest having an 83% kicker to an 88% kicker isnt really changing too many results
Might be the difference between a minor premiership or wooden spoon for for and against

I’d be happy for DCE to keep the kicking after this year. While he did miss a couple of sitters (most kickers did) he also nailed a lot from wide out I wasn’t expecting.

His percentage wasn’t good before 2018 so for him to go to 78.3 means he must’ve been well over the 80% range in 2018.

Elgey at 83.3 is excellent but depends on how many kicks that was over.

I suppose there’ll be a kickoff between the 2 and am happy with whoever wins that.

We will actually have a choice with 3 pretty good kickers DCE, Elgey and whenever Hodkinson takes the field.

If any of those can be close to the 80% mark, I’ll be happy....over 80% and I’ll be ecstatic.

Even a change of 1 result can be enough to make the 8, miss the spoon, make the 4( lol).
Goal kicking is vital, and each miss is potentially problematic, in the long run.

I’d be happy for DCE to keep the kicking after this year. While he did miss a couple of sitters (most kickers did) he also nailed a lot from wide out I wasn’t expecting.

His percentage wasn’t good before 2018 so for him to go to 78.3 means he must’ve been well over the 80% range in 2018.

Elgey at 83.3 is excellent but depends on how many kicks that was over.

I suppose there’ll be a kickoff between the 2 and am happy with whoever wins that.

We will actually have a choice with 3 pretty good kickers DCE, Elgey and whenever Hodkinson takes the field.

If any of those can be close to the 80% mark, I’ll be happy....over 80% and I’ll be ecstatic.

DCE kicked at 78% last year - http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/daly-cherry-evans/summary.html

I agree that 80% is about the mark for a good kicker. But I am a bit selfish and I want a great kicker - someone at 85%!

As an aside, I just looked at DCE’s stats for the first time. he is one tough bugger when you see that he has missed about 10 games in his entire career!

Even a change of 1 result can be enough to make the 8, miss the spoon, make the 4( lol).
Goal kicking is vital, and each miss is potentially problematic, in the long run.

Yes I get what you are saying but Cameron Smith kicked the most goals last year with 97, so the difference between a 83% kicker and a 88% is likely to be 8 points or less over the course of an entire season......2 tries.

Now obviously a missed goal can cost a game and a minor premiership, top 8 etc etc, but its just as likely a dropped ball with the line open, or a sloppy missed tackle will cost you a game.

Its also likely those extra 2 point gained or lost dont effect games and majority of games are not decided by 2 points or less

I just think focus on the best players (provided you have someone 80% plus)

Dce for mine. Kicked them pretty well all last year except for that sitter. Plus there's no guarantee elgey gets in/stays in the team

Out of every hundred games we would win 83% right

Scoring points is not an area des needs to address or look at and I hope the kicker is just a coin toss decision

If you don’t convert your tries, you could score 7 tries while the opposition only scores 5 and you still lose. Even if you kick a field goal.

You’ve gotta remember DCE took some pretty damn tough attempts this year. That one from 40 out and diagonal. Very few kickers could kick that. I actually think he strikes them better than hodko but he’d had a 6 or 7 year break from being a kicker. We just need a bit of faith

you pick your best 17 and then pick your best kicker.

a 10% difference is still only 1 goal very 2-3 weeks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4