Go you good things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very good game by the boys, everyone played their part with Killer the most outstanding.

Robbo showed great finishing skills to score two tries that not many other wingers would have scored.

When Choc gets it all together we will go up a level and Perry seemed to be better and was robbed of a try.

Why Archer did not let play continue when Farah got the rebound in the first half is beyond me.

All in all a lot to look forward to for next week against the purple scum.

Where are the "doomsayers" now???

I agree top effort by all, Jamie was superb and would have been MOM (do they do those any more???)

How good are young Trent and Kieran going!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Where are the \"doomsayers\" now???

I agree top effort by all, Jamie was superb and would have been MOM (do they do those any more???)

How good are young Trent and Kieran going!!!

If you take out the middle paragraph youve answered your own question.

"When Choc gets it all together"

I have to wonder what indications there are that Choc will ever get it together or has had it together for some time. His ill discipline has always cost us a bunch of penalties in every match, he drops the ball at least a couple of times a game, and he has become a very lazy tackler. There was a point late in today's game when Robertson was struggling to put a man down and good ol choc just stood there and watched the Cronulla player break free and go for a long run. The other 16 all played great today and I love em to bits, but I cringe every time Watmough has a job to do.

after getting his new 400k+ contract Choc has gone into his shell a bit,, but his handling skills has always been poor.

great win by the guys and should put in some good confidence for the storm clash.

hordernnewt link said:
\"When Choc gets it all together\"

I have to wonder what indications there are that Choc will ever get it together or has had it together for some time. His ill discipline has always cost us a bunch of penalties in every match, he drops the ball at least a couple of times a game, and he has become a very lazy tackler. There was a point late in today's game when Robertson was struggling to put a man down and good ol choc just stood there and watched the Cronulla player break free and go for a long run. The other 16 all played great today and I love em to bits, but I cringe every time Watmough has a job to do.

Choc is saving himself for a big one against the drizzle next week.

Good first half, but fell into some poor habits again in the second half with stupid penalties (Choc and King esp) and poor ball control. I can excuse the ball control because we were pushing passes that you'd hope wouldn't be pushed in a tighter game (Bailey). Got to give the guys a bit of leeway to throw it around when you have a decent lead, don't get a lot of opportunities to have a bit of fun. However the stupid penalties are just rubbish that certain repeat offenders need to get out of their game, they are what cost us first two rounds and will cost us against the Storm. The other thing that worried me slightly is the freedom with which the Sharks made ground through the ruck. That's Melbournes strength so I hope Des focuses on that this week.

Thought both our disallowed tries were tight calls, thought Farrar was on side for Forans try, and the obstruction call on Matai's effort was technically correct probably, but still a frustrating decision.

Sick of talking about Watmough's hands, it's plagued him his whole career. If he can't learn to hang onto a ball by now he never will.

Lyon superb, Foran excellent. Hodkinson's kicking much better this week and beautifully balanced by Foran's efforts. Kite might be in a bit of trouble and we will miss him against the Storm as he has been back to some good form. Cronulla were absolutely woeful but we played well and made the most of opportunities. Can still see we have room for more improvement which is awesome, things are building nicely.

I thought Farrar was great all over the park too

It was a great game to watch. I really liked Hodkinson's kicking game, although Kelly probably helped make it look good.

I can't believe how **** the standard of refereeing is. Tony Archer you dumb ass you were standing on top of the play and you still go tot he video. FFS!!!!

it was a game showing us glimpes of what is to come, Foran has the magic up his sleeve and hoddo builds the platform. They are well balanced.

Though Farrah was one of our best and his rate of improvement is on par with the halves.

Had the feeling we jsut cruised in the second half and were conserving energy for next week

One thing that I did notice today was that Hodko wasn't the normal tackling machine that he normally is and the NRL Stats support this with him only credited with 12 tackles but that is not taking anything away from the rest of his game.  Normally he is quick to the race to tackle the player so maybe Des has told him to let some of the others do a bit of that work and concentrate on a few other areas of his game.

As for Choc's ball handling, has he got any problems with his eyes? To me he has always looked a bit cross-eyed.  If he is slightly, then this could have a lot to do with his ball handling ability as they (people with cross-eyes) don't look with both eyes at the same time (no binocular vision) and the eyesight control will swap between each eye when they are looking at something.

The only reason Choc (and Gallen) lose the ball very often is because their chest and Biceps are too freaking big. The guys are unable to clap their hands!

Good effort against an struggling side. Great to get back to Brookie too!

Jethro link said:
As for Choc's ball handling, has he got any problems with his eyes? To me he has always looked a bit cross-eyed.  If he is slightly, then this could have a lot to do with his ball handling ability as they (people with cross-eyes) don't look with both eyes at the same time (no binocular vision) and the eyesight control will swap between each eye when they are looking at something.
Choc with those big thick glasses, scarey thought bit like Clark kent & superman :) but the balls goy Kryptonite on it.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182969.msg258656#msg258656 date=1270970961]

As for Choc's ball handling, has he got any problems with his eyes? To me he has always looked a bit cross-eyed.  If he is slightly, then this could have a lot to do with his ball handling ability as they (people with cross-eyes) don't look with both eyes at the same time (no binocular vision) and the eyesight control will swap between each eye when they are looking at something.

Choc with those big thick glasses, scarey thought bit like Clark kent & superman :) but the balls goy Kryptonite on it.
[/quote]

Nah, I couldn't really imagine him with those glasses. ;D  These maybe 8) but not the thick ones.

As for cross-eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean that their eyesight is bad.  The big thick glasses are just to correct the appearance of the turn in their eyes without surgery. Even with surgery to correct the turn, their eyes will still never work together.  My son was born with a turn in one of his eyes and has had two operations to correct the turn and for anybody who isn't family, you wouldn't even know that he had a turn in his eye before. The only time that we can tell (but not to the everyday man on the street) is when he is tired as the eye muscles relax a bit and the eye slightly turns.  An example of what it is like to have your eyes not working together is to find a safe area to drive with no other traffic around (like an empty open aired car park) and then try shutting one eye when you are driving and then swap eyes several times with limited time between eye swapping. You will find that judging distances is rather hard.

Thought Choc had an OK game in attack, made some nice runs and has seemed to make a bit of a connection with Foran. He really needs to stop giving away penalties in defence though, from memory it was 4. He cost us a mountain of yardage for what seemed like silly, stupid indiscretions that were unwarranted. Hopefully Des will give him a dressing down and he starts playing as part of the team. He was worst on field for us today.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2