Glenn to be selected for SOO / T-Rex to play today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
http://dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ricky-stuart-to-name-glenn-stewart-for-origin-decider/story-e6frexv9-1226406480156

Let's see how much is true. First I have heard about Williams definately playing

I say **** off Stuart and leave our club alone, go and pick players that will be 100% fit when selected, Hindy would not let you down for starters

DVS Matt said:
http://dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ricky-stuart-to-name-glenn-stewart-for-origin-decider/story-e6frexv9-1226406480156

Let's see how much is true. First I have heard about Williams definately playing
I posted it yesterday. It is happening. Mauro played NSW Cup yesterday.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I say f**k off Stuart and leave our club alone, go and pick players that will be 100% fit when selected, Hindy would not let you down for starters

The small amount of game time T Rex got in Origin 1 shows that Stuart would be crazy not to pick him if he can prove his fitness

Forget Tony Williams. Let him do whatever he wants. Give James Cunningham a run, or let Mauro play. Hell, I'd rather Tim Robinson.

We could possibly have Whare, Lussick, T Williams all on the field at the same time - Yuck !

Kiwi Eagle said:
If rather have the best team we can put on the park Ryan

Is Tony Williams, after coming back from around 3 months lay-off (ok, 15 odd minutes in one SOO game) the player to do the job though?

My team this week would be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Regan Haika
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Liam Foran
15. George Rose
16. Vic Mauro
17. Daniel Harrison

Ryan said:
Forget Tony Williams. Let him do whatever he wants. Give James Cunningham a run, or let Mauro play. Hell, I'd rather Tim Robinson.

We could possibly have Whare, Lussick, T Williams all on the field at the same time - Yuck !

Talk about sour grapes. I'm just as upset as everyone that these guys are leaving, but I still wouldn't mind winning the comp again this year. These guys will certainly help us do that, especially Trex.

I won't be cheering for the bulldog. Lussick and Whare yeah, but not anyone who signs with that pathetic corrupt joke of a club.

Stewart should be left alone to get back to 100% , this seems like a desperate stab in the dark by Stuart......Glenn would not be fit for this game and should never be risked, the club should step in and protect there assets

MPC75 said:
Ryan said:

Talk about sour grapes. I'm just as upset as everyone that these guys are leaving, but I still wouldn't mind winning the comp again this year. These guys will certainly help us do that, especially Trex.

Ok, a bit of sour grapes on my behalf I admit, but I'm also considering our medium to longer term prospects - especially the chemistry our young halves have with the rest of the playing group.

If Foran and DCE can start building a foundation with our next wave of forwards, it will bare fruit for us down the track.

There's a lot to be said of chemistry. There's a lot to be said of "one common goal".

I really think Tooves needs to blood Cunningham and others for many reasons.

bones said:
I won't be cheering for the bulldog. Lussick and Whare yeah, but not anyone who signs with that pathetic corrupt joke of a club.

I completely agree. Tony Williams knew his exodus to The Bulldogs (with everything that was happening at hand) would be a slap in the face for our club, but it meant naught in the end.

Then again, unlike yourself, I feel that towards "all" players that want to leave. Just an opinion, that's just how I feel. I just instantly lose any interest in them whatsoever.

For mine, Tony Williams could train the rest of the year in his own backyard, never lace a boot for us again, and I wouldn't care, even IF we were losing.

Sometimes there are more things too it though Ryan.

Growing up around a lot of Polynesian families, I know how they work and if the rumours are right that Tony wanted to stay, but his old man wanted him to take the money, then they must look after their families 1st.
I don't agree with how they do things but it is their way

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Hopoate

For me, the players are on our books this year, we want to win a comp this year, we play the best available

Ryan said:
MPC75 said:
Ryan said:

Ok, a bit of sour grapes on my behalf I admit, but I'm also considering our medium to longer term prospects - especially the chemistry our young halves have with the rest of the playing group.

If Foran and DCE can start building a foundation with our next wave of forwards, it will bare fruit for us down the track.

There's a lot to be said of chemistry. There's a lot to be said of "one common goal".

I really think Tooves needs to blood Cunningham and others for many reasons.

bones said:

I completely agree. Tony Williams knew his exodus to The Bulldogs (with everything that was happening at hand) would be a slap in the face for our club, but it meant naught in the end.

Then again, unlike yourself, I feel that towards "all" players that want to leave. Just an opinion, that's just how I feel. I just instantly lose any interest in them whatsoever.

For mine, Tony Williams could train the rest of the year in his own backyard, never lace a boot for us again, and I wouldn't care, even IF we were losing.

I agree 100%

Kiwi Eagle said:

Growing up around a lot of Polynesian families, I know how they work and if the rumours are right that Tony wanted to stay, but his old man wanted him to take the money, then they must look after their families 1st.

For me, the players are on our books this year, we want to win a comp this year, we play the best available

That's true. Yeah, ok - fair enough. But the crazy thing for me, is that regardless of the methodology, the result is the same - which is probably very narrow minded on my behalf.

Either way, I support our team (the jersey). I have an empathy and affinity with the players pledging loyalty to us, and ride every tackle with them.

Lussick, Whare, Oldfield & Williams though. If something happened to them on the field, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest now, except that I'd be happy one of our actual players that WANT to be here would get a chance.

I think it's disgusting Tony Williams comes in after 3 months off (most by a very, very selfish act on the field by crunching a player on their head), and he take a spot from one of our regulars.

If Harrison misses out, I will be very unhappy. Especially for a bloke that's spit in the clubs face by going to the one club that makes a transaction look very bad for us.

I don't have a problem with them leaving as we were always going to lose a few after winning a GF. That's what the salary cap does. I just can't cheer for anyone that signs with the Bulldogs. Compared to the Bulldogs I love the Melbourne Storm.

Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That's true. Yeah, ok - fair enough. But the crazy thing for me, is that regardless of the methodology, the result is the same - which is probably very narrow minded on my behalf.

Either way, I support our team (the jersey). I have an empathy and affinity with the players pledging loyalty to us, and ride every tackle with them.

Lussick, Whare, Oldfield & Williams though. If something happened to them on the field, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest now, except that I'd be happy one of our actual players that WANT to be here would get a chance.

I think it's disgusting Tony Williams comes in after 3 months off (most by a very, very selfish act on the field by crunching a player on their head), and he take a spot from one of our regulars.

If Harrison misses out, I will be very unhappy. Especially for a bloke that's spit in the clubs face by going to the one club that makes a transaction look very bad for us.

See I don't have any problem with Williams walking back into the team, same as I had no issue with Glenn Stewart walking back into the Grand Final side last year

I'm certain that the coach and players can't waite to have Trex back. Regardless of what he is doing next year I can't waite to have him back. Our pack has been soft with him out and we will need some mongrel today aginst a solid pack that gained confidence last week.

We need all our best players on the park if we want to win another comp.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2