Glenn Stewart story - daily telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-star-glenn-stewart-still-troubled-by-finger-injury/story-e6frexri-1226553131379

A FINGER injury suffered in the opening match of last year's premiership is still troubling Manly star Glenn Stewart.
The injury kept the Origin and Test back-rower out for six weeks and he soldiered on through the Origin series and finals to be Manly's stand-out forward last year.

But the off-season hasn't yet provided sufficient relief from the unusual complaint, with Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey confirming Stewart was still experiencing tendon problems and would be a touch-and-go proposition if matches were being played now.

While Stewart has been completing ball work and contact sessions, co-captain Jason King is yet to resume his full program after undergoing shoulder surgery.

However, Toovey is confident of having both players on deck for the team's season-opener against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Melbourne, meanwhile, only have centre Will Chambers (shoulder) in doubt for next month's trip to England for the World Club Challenge against Leeds.

The Storm plan to spend more than a week in a UK-based camp before the match.

Probably explains a couple of handling errors and missed tackles in the final against melb scum. But what a legend playing all year with it. Some players cant do it but he and choc consistently play injured and through the pain barrier. Bloody legends.

That story is rubbish.

Gift initially hurt his finger in late 2011 while giving David Gallop the bird and then reinjured it during 2012 when Phil Rothfield turned up at Narrabeen unannounced.

Glenn has informed me that he plans to reinjure it Rnd 24 this year when passing by Parliament House on the way to the Raiders game.

I heard he first hurt his finger while trying to explain to Tony Williams that he needed to pull his finger out. Tony's finger remained firmly in place however. Glenn developed RSI in his finger and eventually gave up trying to demonstrate to T-Rex.
Subsequently, Foz now has developed early signs of arthritis in his fingers after taking over from Glenn.

Bradza said:
Ballin, Choc, Kite, T Williams!!!!!

Hopefully Glenn has a big one this season.

Tony Williams as best player last year? He was injured or suspended the majority of it and the few games he played, even he admitted weren't up to standard. He was no where in 2012.

Bearfax said:
Bradza said:

Tony Williams as best player last year? He was injured or suspended the majority of it and the few games he played, even he admitted weren't up to standard. He was no where in 2012.

That's WHY T-Rex was the standout player of the team last year.

He was standing out in the stands.

Bearfax said:
Bradza said:

I didn't say TW was the best player. If I was rating a stand out forward I would have him in front of Glenn based on overall output for the year. Yes, that is a swipe at how I think Glenn played last year. He's capable of a lot more. Hopefully we'll see a trimmer version this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6