Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

reyam

Reserve Grader
I think its time to axe him he is playing crap and he has been all year,and I don't want to hear about how upset he is about Brett. If his mind isn't on the job then give the paycheck back. He looks like he is on the same diet as BIG George at the moment and not up to first grade standard

reyam link said:
I think its time to axe him he is playing crap and he has been all year,and I don't want to hear about how upset he is about Brett. If his mind isn't on the job then give the paycheck back. He looks like he is on the same diet as BIG George at the moment and not up to first grade standard

LOL :D mate you crack me up  ..i thought i was  bad.. your a bigger drama queen than me ..lol    but in all fairness i agree with all 3 of your threads you started lol..

jjai link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183525.msg265661#msg265661 date=1275868241]
Nothing better to do this morning Grant?

grant as in grant goldman??  lol
[/quote]

reyam - mayer?

tookey link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183525.msg265672#msg265672 date=1275870433]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183525.msg265661#msg265661 date=1275868241]
Nothing better to do this morning Grant?

grant as in grant goldman??  lol
[/quote]

reyam - mayer?
[/quote]

surely not the old CEO??  really??

I've been disapointed in Glenn this year, he seems to be making lots of errors and missing important tackles.

Just an impression I've gotten from watching the games - the Stats might tell me otherwise.....

Glenn was playing his best ever footy for us imo in the first 4-5 weeks of this season but has fallen away a bit lately, probably a bit to do with the fact we seem to exclusively attack with out left, which I find a bit silly with weapons like Stewart/Lyon and Williams out on the right. That probably is mainly due to the fact Foran plays on the left hand side mainly and takes over all our attacking work

I think that the problem with Glenn the last few games is that he has been chopped and changed positionally to cover for injuries and suspensions to Lyon, Foran and Matai. He was good early on when he was parked on the right doing what he does best, but the last couple of games he has been forced into more of a playmaker role and has also been doing some defending at centre, which leaves him open to one on misses against quicker more nimble backs (Cowboys game springs to mind).

To suggest he isn't up to first grade standard though is just looking for a bite. 

If Lyon is going forward, so is Glenn, they work of each other in attack.  It worked to perfection in the Newcastle game.  To suggest he was the worst on the paddock on Sunday is ludicrous.  He tried hard inside a tired and disinterested pack.  When the front row is going backwards it's hard to shine as a backrower.  If you're calling for him to be dropped, then Choc must be a close second.

Choc should be dropped way before Stewart. and sent to QLD to learn how to catch.

Having said that I am not advocating dropping either.

The original poster is a well-known stirrer who turns up and makes negative comments to stir the pot!! Stewart is down on form but I am not sure who replaces him in the squad. Des is loyal to his troops. No way it will happen.

Glenn Stewart looks tired and drained, and not enjoying his football.  And in the circumstances I can't blame him.  At the end of yesterday, a grim day with the weight of useless dross up front like Perry and a rookie backline, I'd defy anyone to look like they're going home to a night with that bird dating Orlando Bloom (forget her name). 

To be fair, one of thew strengths of our team over the past 3-4 (before the last two) years is chemistry. That key element has been stripped out of the team pretty horribly over the past 24 months.

It would be pretty hard as a player to build chemistry.

Put it this way. Manly has a new 1, 6 & 7 from last year. Our 9 is the only similar spot. In any other team, the media would be saying it takes a few years to gel.

Why not give us the same luxury reyam.

Remember how long Ox was here before we won a 40-0 premiership. Hopefully, next year, we will have all our players back on deck.

I'm with DSM5 for once.  Most of the rest are ordinary, if we can keep the nucleus of this team on the paddock we're in with a shout.

Grant (reyam) is just a stirrer...note how he starts the thread and doesn't come back to defend the comments!!

Anything can happen between now and September but I'll say now with the injury list it is unlikely we will be seriously in the running. We started the year completely dominating with our book-ends, gang tackling and sapping the energy out of the other packs. It was a lack of a killer instinct that allowed the close losses we had.

Now I see almost a disinterested rabble up front, coupled with a backline of new faces unable to mount any form of attack. Stewart has been running too wide on the right to enable scoring options to appear. Still, I wouldn't drop anyone. They just need to keep working the combinations they have and see where we are later this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8