Gifty Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
From Andrew Voss
I have reported on @NewsTalk2UE this morning that @manlyseaeagles is bracing itself for bad news on ankle injury suffered by Glenn Stewart.

My mail is that @manlyseaeagles Glenn Stewart could be facing months rather than weeks on the sideline with an ankle injury. @NRL

If the injury is as serious as some people are reporting the question has to be asked why the medical staff allowed him to go back on when we were leading by 40 and cruising to victory.

Gift came on the second half because the medical staff reported that it was just bruising

9 news are saying up to 6 weeks which sounds better than 3 months. The worrying thing is it came from 9 News. This week off, and a bye coming during origin could mean he only misses 4 or 5 games.

Yeah saw this on Nein too.
Real bad luck and timing, but we can only hope he comes good for the back half of the season, and especially the semis and his appointment on Grand Final Day.

Mitch said:
He also mentioned that Redfern were keeping a close eye on his rehabilitation, I'm not sure what he meant by that but make of that what you will!

Hope that they don't do a Dog act on him, like Fifita's reneged contract :mad: Which BTW they tabled on 9 News, clearly showing 3.2 million value :dodgy:

How many NRL games is Gift on? Is it 183? Getting to 200 NRL games with Manly is looking unlikely now :(

Mitch said:
He also mentioned that Redfern were keeping a close eye on his rehabilitation, I'm not sure what he meant by that but make of that what you will!

There is probably a clause in standard NRL contract that lets the new club tear it up if the player can't get a medical clearance before actually starting training at the new club.

Gifty's contract with Souffs would be in some doubt IMO. Both the Stewart brothers are known to be injury prone, and if the cooling off period is contractually specified, their interest in his rehabilitation will be about their 'business', not about Glenn's well-being.

The fact that another club is keeping a close eye on his rehabilitation speaks volumes about how contracts are managed in the NRL today. The sooner the NRL puts a stop to mid season signings the better.

The amount of mid year transfers (effective immediately) we see these days, the argument that players cannot settle their futures and relocate in a matter of weeks carries no weight whatsoever. All of this nonsense can be played out at the end of the season proper.

SMH had him out for nearly 3 months today. That would be a cruel blow for Gift and all of us and I can only hope it is wrong. He deserves 200 games and we need him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6