Gideon Gela-Mosby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
After watching Addo-Carr and his blinding speed yesterday, I was thinking about his transformation under Bellamy. He was rocks and diamonds last year at the Tigers but the Storm are getting unbelievable value out of this kid, having turned a cheapie into a first class winger.

I wonder if Baz could do the same with Gideon Gela-Mosby? He is a very similar player to Addo-Carr, with blinding speed and the ability to pull of freakish finishes. He is also only 20 and like Addo-Carr of 2016, he has some errors in his game. Of course Uate and Taufua are quality wingers but we have some depth issues in the backs and this young kid from the top end could be a decent investment.

He was set to re-sign with the Cowboys earlier in the year and then everything went quiet and he is still without a deal for next year.

Would love this guy, but he is ready for firsts now, and will go to a club where he is part of the top 17. It boggles the mind Cowboys havnt made room for him. There outside backs are serviceable at best, this guy ****s all over Antonio Winterstein who is about as handy as our winterstein these days.

Most blokes with hyphonated names seem to go ok
Corey Haraweara-Naera
Jared Warea-Hargraves
Reagan Campbell-Gillard
Sonny Williams-Williams
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Daley Cherry-Evans
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Dallin/Malakai Watene-zalezniak
Josh Addo-Carr
Craig Polla-Mounter
Tom Learoyd-Lars
Neilson Asofa-Solomona
Addin Fonua-Blake
Jesse Sene-Lafeo
James Fisher-Harris
Ben Murdoch-Masilla

Could be fun to win the lotto and make a team out of that, if only to give Gus Gould and Rabs Warren a heart attack :)

I wish we had wingers that were a threat when we are attacking and were able to defuse bombs which have been a serious weakness in our team for many years. We don't score too many tries from kicks and it would be nice to have some raw speed and athleticism out wide. I think Uate has done fantastic this year, he is however defensively a liability at times. Jorge gives us great metres but he is frankly useless under the high ball.

Yes, he's fast and knows how to score a try.
However, can he:
Defend?
Diffuse bombs?
Take hit-ups to ease the workload on forwards?
These days you need to be proficient at these skills, also.
His brag video shows nothing of these attributes.

Michael Bani went well for a while at Manly and who had a similar playing status and back ground and with the scope to develop his game . The guy can certainly run and depending on cap space could be worth considering, even as a depth singing .

After watching Addo-Carr and his blinding speed yesterday, I was thinking about his transformation under Bellamy. He was rocks and diamonds last year at the Tigers but the Storm are getting unbelievable value out of this kid, having turned a cheapie into a first class winger.

I wonder if Baz could do the same with Gideon Gela-Mosby? He is a very similar player to Addo-Carr, with blinding speed and the ability to pull of freakish finishes. He is also only 20 and like Addo-Carr of 2016, he has some errors in his game. Of course Uate and Taufua are quality wingers but we have some depth issues in the backs and this young kid from the top end could be a decent investment.

He was set to re-sign with the Cowboys earlier in the year and then everything went quiet and he is still without a deal for next year.

I was, and still am a massive JAC fan and whilst I agree with your post, I don't think he had any gaping flaws in his game last year either. He was never known for errors, just a skinny speedster that tentatively got an opportunity in first grade despite not much competition from the tigers squad. The storm just capitalized the way I wish we did but I agree that Gideon is in the same mould- and anyone lucky enough to sign him up will look like a genius once he starts playing regular first grade.. another genetically gifted speedster and footballer like Bevan French or Josh AC in the Manly squad? Yes please : )

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6