Get well quick!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark,

Once the catheter is removed, you’ll feel much better, a lot more control; the one thing that you’ll probably realise is that things are a bit shorter initially, due to them cutting your urethra, only a millimetre or 2 for me, but for you, probably a couple of inches, so you‘ll be working with only 10” or so for now.@:D

Good luck with the PSA test, they’ll never tell you it’s zero, apparently for legal reasons, but if it’s 0.001(or so), then you’ll be fine.

Enjoy your convalescence, remember, chocolate, alcohol, comfort food and plenty of TV(repeats of the 2008 GF are best); these are the keys to the successful recovery of a champion athlete @;)
Mark - hopefully you had it done robotically (look it up) - they can often preserve the entire urethral length, which helps a lot with post-operative urinary continence. Otherwise - not a big issue, most patients recover well with minimal issues regardless.

If it's any consolation, most males will have some evidence of prostate cancer by the age of 80 (80% or more), as determined by autopsy, regardless of what takes you. I know that sounds a bit depressing to most, but take it this way, folks - if you're male, you'll probably get it at some point. Don't panic, get tested regularly, get early treatment - live long and prosper.

Mark - hopefully you had it done robotically (look it up) - they can often preserve the entire urethral length, which helps a lot with post-operative urinary continence. Otherwise - not a big issue, most patients recover well with minimal issues regardless.

If it's any consolation, most males will have some evidence of prostate cancer by the age of 80 (80% or more), as determined by autopsy, regardless of what takes you. I know that sounds a bit depressing to most, but take it this way, folks - if you're male, you'll probably get it at some point. Don't panic, get tested regularly, get early treatment - live long and prosper.
Yes mate , Robotically done.

I have little pain now after 6 days.

But will be bloody pleased to get the catheter out tomorrow let me tell you !!

Better a little discomfort now, than to be riddled with cancer and terminally ill, mate.

The robotic surgery is definitely the go; not cheap but, for me, an excellent outcome, I’m hoping it will be for you as well.

Perspective time

We should all appreciate each day we wake up healthy and have the ability and the opportunity to make it our best day ever .

To the ones that are doing tough at the moment . All things must pass and God Speed to you all

Enjoy your day feathered friends

Yes mate , Robotically done.

I have little pain now after 6 days.

But will be bloody pleased to get the catheter out tomorrow let me tell you !!
Hope all went well with the catheter removal yesterday Mark.
Here’s a movie that has a relevant catheter scene in it. (Below)
You’ve got 6-8 weeks of convalescence in front of you.
So I would think there will be plenty of time to watch the TV
(I really don’t know how Rosemary is going to keep you still. Pass on
my sympathies to her from me. @;):sweating: ).
So here’s the movie below. You may have already seen it. But I think if
you watch it now, it may take on a whole new meaning for you.
Plus humour is the best medicine.

Mark I just saw this, I am pleased to see the op went well. I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself big fella.

Mark I just saw this, I am pleased to see the op went well. I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself big fella.
Thanks mate !!

Going pretty well so far , but slow going as it’s a very major operation.

Funny I walk about 5km every day ( approx 10,000 steps ) missing only if it’s pissing down rain.

I’m currently walking about 500 metres and then have to sit down for several hours after to recover.

I’m told it’ll get better !!

Thanks mate !!

Going pretty well so far , but slow going as it’s a very major operation.

Funny I walk about 5km every day ( approx 10,000 steps ) missing only if it’s pissing down rain.

I’m currently walking about 500 metres and then have to sit down for several hours after to recover.

I’m told it’ll get better !!
We're used to you walking-the-talk. Now you're talking-the-walk.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6