Get the backrow balanced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I never nthought I'd say this but our best front rower this year has been King.  A large part of this is we're nullifying Kite by playing him in the backrow and fiddling him around.  He looks uncomfortable there and is not producing his best.  And the whole pack look unbalanced.

With Kite playing as a 3rd front rower our backrow consists of two similar players  (Stewart and Choc) who are 80 minute players, workhorses, metre eaters etc.  And neither has intimidating size.  There is a high predictability to the pack.

Our pack would look a whole lot better and balanced if we put Kite back to the front row, start Perry on the bench and put Cuthbo as a starting second rower (or even lock).  He has size, X factor and unpredictability.  Okay, tell him to curb the offloads a little, as people are expecting them, but I reckon he would add an awfdul lot playing 60 minutes and running wide on the fringes and popping offloads to Stewart and Lyon.

Perhaps Perry's injury gives us the opportunity to try this out this week? 

i totally agree. We need a Kosef type player in the backrow.. hes the closest thing we have to an attacking option in the forwards.. he was good yesterday.

I've also wondered about this as Kite has definitely been down on form to start the year. I thought he ran onto it with a bit more oomph yesterday.

Your suggestion is worth a go but with the high pressure away games over the next two weeks you know that Willo is far more likely to be selected in the run in team than Cuthbo.

Kite in the second row is typical of the decisions Hasler makes.  Lyon as 5/8th is the classic.  Kite is a front rower full stop.  King is certainly going great although I don't like it when he passes while running across field.  Front rowers should never pass imo.  And I'd like to see Bryant out replaced by either Hall or Jack A.  Shame we can't see these guys running around on game day anymore in reserves.

I agree. Perry to bench, Kite to front row, Glenn to second row, Cuthbo in a roving Crusher role (backing up Choc and Glenn) and I would also like to see Beaver to lock, Willo as bench replacement. This leaves 5/8th unfilled and I may be crazy but Ballin could be strong from there and has a great pass. Just my thoughts on seeing one game.

Perry is becoming a liability in giving penalties away,what doesn't he understand he's been the instigator the last few weeks des should give him a spray.

Canteen Worker link said:
Why he didn't kick that ball yesterday and then chase is beyond me!!!

He is a Prop, it would have taken too long to get the message from his brain to his feet!

11. Watmough
12. Menzies
13. Stewart

in my opinion is the strongest backrow.

With Bell / Lyon in the centres, I almost think Des will put Matai in the backrow. Therefore, and in Des' mind:-

He's finally moved a world class centre from 5/8, so that a world class back rower in Beaver can play 5/8, so that a career prop in Perry can play Lock, meaning a slow back rower in Willow can come off the bench and play 5/8 & hooker !

Jeez guys, don't you understand anything?

Hell, my Cuthbo on the wing idea has merit !!

endangered and all !!
Hehehehe...
I thought Dugong was something you smoked !!
LoL

Ryan link said:
endangered and all !!
Hehehehe...
I thought Dugong was something you smoked !!
LoL

No Rhino, for you that's cock :)

just kidding.

Mate we need to catch up before I move!

We are moving on May 22 (Well we fly to Thailand on May 22nd, then we get back on June 2nd. Leanne flies straight up there. I wait until the weekend and drive up there)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4