Get Real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
This place just DOES MY HEAD IN sometimes......

We had a bunch of players out last night
We were always up against it
We pushed the minor premiers to the wire until the 60th minute
We are still well within the top 8

Contrary to some popular belief - T-Rex is not the thorn in our side.  Get over him - seriously.  If you think a winger is top blame for the loss, then you need to get your head read.  We were beaten by a better team, a solid home crowd, our monday nite hoodoo, some injuries, and a better forward pack.

We played at 80% last night, and they played at 90%.  It's not the end of the world people - its just 1 game 3 or 4 weeks away from finals.

Harmless, without reading other posts and just replying to yours. There will always be people who have such determination that they hate to lose. Let's call these the diehards. Most of the people on here are diehards. That is why we hate to lose. We love the club. It is about pride, our winning culture, about getting the best of the players when they are down. It is nothing personal.

trex is a CAT and he is to blame...he should be our x factor but no he is our fairy factor,this CAT run the ball up not once to help out the forwards not ONCE the cat....we wont make the 8 im sorry to say and after storm being the bench mark and not in the comp our team should be fav to win the comp..they should be ashamed....

mr seagles link said:
what injuries?????farrer.and perry. well perrys past his best and farrer is just a fill in...you get real....

And why is Farrer filling in? Maybe because our most potent attacking weapon has been sidelined for the season. Then we have Williams, oh, and don't forget Hopoate. Looked like Watmough was also on one leg.

I keep thinking back to Scott's try. Watmough either passes or goes himself, we probably score and its 22-14 with a kick to come, and plenty of time left. Instead, Scott scores, and its all over.

mr seagles link said:
trex is a CAT and he is to blame...he should be our x factor but no he is our fairy factor,this CAT run the ball up not once to help out the forwards not ONCE the cat....we wont make the 8 im sorry to say and after storm being the bench mark and not in the comp our team should be fav to win the comp..they should be ashamed....

Woa there. Disappointment and venting is natural. Personal attacks like that I reckon are way over the top.

SLATER lol hes the smallest player in the comp....t rex should not be called by that name it should be wee- rex.This CAT should be knocking blokes over not running one side of the field to the other and letting GASNIER tackle him side on...its a JOKE ..the camera turned up to des and he was FURIOUS to see that.. not to mention the other F*UCK UPS HE DONE>>>

mr seagles link said:
what injuries?????farrer.and perry. well perrys past his best and farrer is just a fill in...you get real....

Yeah, what injuries?  ::)

We only have five outside backs out - B Stewart, D Williams, B Farrer, D Whare and W Hopoate.  And its not like any of them are our gun players.  Our super-sub Chris Bailey is still there.

The side that took to the field last night is almost full strength.  I don't know what people are complaining about.

stewart and wolfy havent played all year.....whare and hoppa aint ready yet anyway....farrer well hes ok but robbo done just as good and perry is past it...so to me it was full strength anyway...

mr seagles link said:
stewart and wolfy havent played all year.....whare and hoppa aint ready yet anyway....farrer well hes ok but robbo done just as good and perry is past it...so to me it was full strength anyway...

Interesting theory... so if a player is out for the year, or is just a fill in their injury doesn't count.

By that logic, if Matai and Lyon are injured next week and out for the season we will still be at full strength.  F**ked if I know who would take to the field though...

Marcus, would you have said the Roosters were never at full strength for a few years a little while ago?

Technically, we are not a full strength this season without Stewart and Williams, but at some point we need to have a second tier 'Full Strength'. Otherwise, we are just wingers (whiners) all season long.

That was a turning point last night. I really think T Rex needs a spell or at least move him to the bench in place of Bailey.

Anyone who can objectively watch a game of rugby league, would have been able to see that we dominated for long periods of that game. 62% of possession in Dragons half showed that. I counted 4 try saving tackles by the Dragons, 2 illegal tries (Gasnier and Scott) vs 1 to us, and plenty of other poor calls (the offisde right near the posts being a big turning point).

Other than that some dumb plays really killed us (watmough missing the kickoff, trex not getting near that bomb that ended up dribbling into the in-goal, glenn stewart dropping a sitter 2nd tackle coming out of our end).

We are a BIG chance at winning this comp. No team really scares me in this top 8, apart from the Dragons we can beat any of them regularly. But dont worry, the Eels will sneak in and do us a favour and beat the Queens again.

codewana link said:
Marcus, would you have said the Roosters were never at full strength for a few years a little while ago?

Technically, we are not a full strength this season without Stewart and Williams, but at some point we need to have a second tier 'Full Strength'. Otherwise, we are just wingers (whiners) all season long.

I assume you are talking about the period where Minichiello was out for an extended period.  If his replacement (their equivalent of Farrar for us) was fit, then I would say that's close enough to full strength.  I haven't been winging that Stewart is out, and I haven't heard too many people around here winging either.  We are all just getting on with it.

Setting aside the fact that we have two Australian reps out for the year and the Roosters had one, in our case our fullback Stewart was replaced by Farrar (now injured), who was replaced by Hoppa Jr (now injured).  We ran out of fullbacks so then we moved Robbo (probably because he never gets injured!). The person who would usually replace him would be Whare, but he's injured too, so we used Oldfield last night.  That's not full strength, and is in no way comparable to what happened to the Roosters.

This isn't about making excuses, we need to get on with it.  We could have still won last night with the team we put out there if a few of our boys had played better and not made some dumb mistakes.

But if a person can say 'What injuries??' with a straight face, then they must not have much of an idea about what our first choice, or even second choice line up would look like.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=mr seagles link=topic=184698.msg285278#msg285278 date=1282001816]

Interesting theory... so if a player is out for the year, or is just a fill in their injury doesn't count.

By that logic, if Matai and Lyon are injured next week and out for the season we will still be at full strength.  F**ked if I know who would take to the field though...
[/quote]

It is a rather special theory isn't it lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7