George Burgess Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
How does he get two weeks for a deliberate elbow to the head? In the past it was considered a low act, a cheap shot; worse than punching; players previously have gone for 6-8 weeks for an elbow that connected like that one.

Looks like elbowing has gone the same way as tripping.

Can't let the pride of the league get too many unlucky breaks, might effect their season- he should have at least 3 to 4

How does he get two weeks for a deliberate elbow to the head? In the past it was considered a low act, a cheap shot; worse than punching; players previously have gone for 6-8 weeks for an elbow that connected like that one.

Probably because the knights player didn't do a massive dive that is becoming all too prevalent in today's game.

That and the souffs cone of protection from the nrl.

How he did not get sent off and not just a sin bin, was a disgrace.
download (1).jpg

I happened to watch an old Manly v Eels semi (1978) on youtube yesterday.
John Gray did exactly the same Pommie elbow punch and he was sent off :mad:

If it was a send off in the bloody days of footy in the 70s and in a finals game, then how is it a sin bin offence in the NRL ? :cool:

Last edited:

I agree mate, he was lucky not to recieve at least 6 weeks for the elbow and another 2 weeks for throwing hand bags instead of punches

View attachment 5089

If it was a send off in the bloody days of footy in the 70s and in a finals game, then how is it a sin bin offence in the NRL ? :cool:

He got the sin bin for throwing punches, that's what the ref said. Ten in the bin for the punches and he's on report for using a forearm to the head.

Now if that was a Manly player, mandatory send off plus 8 weeks. Thuggery will not be tolerated in the NRL, could imagine the media storm if it was a Manly player and only 2 weeks. What a :rofl:

I'm glad its 2 weeks, i hate suspensions. 2 weeks on a Knight seems fair to me.

Should of sent him off and left it at that.

View attachment 5089

100%.
A send off in the toughest,most violent era yet bugger all today.
Same for throwing a water bottle!!@??
Bad look.

Now if that was a Manly player, mandatory send off plus 8 weeks. Thuggery will not be tolerated in the NRL, could imagine the media storm if it was a Manly player and only 2 weeks. What a :rofl:

I did think "what if it was Matai?"........season over!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4