Gee what a shock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Playing these guys is untenable. I don't buy all this garbage about they are professionals etc.How "professional" has it been by these guys to wait till the season has started with a nice hiding to our arch enemies before telling us of their decision.Foran stopped playing for Manly 2 months before last season ended. Punt them. There is nothing to lose. We are not good enough to win a comp this year even with them at their top and without them we still have enough class players to easily avoid a spoon. We are not a club that judges itself on squeezing itself into the 8, we judge ourselves on premierships. Zero to lose. On their bikes. I can't see how any manly fan can seriously visualise a game at Brookie with 2 million dlollar babies who won't be there next year. It would be simply embarrassing

We are a laughing stock. The joke team of the league. 40 yrs following this great club and I've never seen such a shambles. There must be underlying reasons for all this. Manly administration needs to come clean with what's going on or they will lose thousands of fans.

I despise the fact that on other forums, we are a bigger joke than the Titans right now.. And they all f*cking_love_it. Bastards.

Yes Mick all is not well at Manly. But for all those wanting to keep them I ask this Will we win the comp in 2015 if they play well. The answer is NO and every one of us knows that. Given we are good enough without them to avoid the spoon there is no reason at all not to punt them. Zero reason.

If dce & foran have heart & possibly give it all we may go ok i.e. If they don't get punted earlier.The other big test for tooves is how does he motivate the rest of the players.This will show how good of a coach he is.

On a positive note, the revelations from DCE tonight would once again confirm that Perry was a good operator, with the jury still.out on the new bloke.

Wonder how Rothfield will spin that?

I'm not opposed to releasing them, I am opposed to helping either parra or the tits out before time.

Drop them to nsw cup and have them training with them. So as to not poison our team.

Speaking of reggies Willo must be loving his life these days. When he looks around at what's going on around him I bet he quickly puts his head back down.

Tooves has no chance, he is being undermined and will be out before seasons end
G'day all,And the worst part is that its not even transparent,and that reflects very poorly on the standard of integrity of persons in our new management.Fair enough as new owners you have the right to shape the staff as you see fit,but at least afford people some courtesy and basic common decency in that process.Jeez in poor old Toove's case if you didn't know better you'd think he was being made the victim of some spiteful personal vendetta rather than his record\capabilities as a coach and loyal club servant.Just my opinion but Toovey does not warrant such shameful treatment and deserves far more support and respect from management even if they do have an agenda to replace him.
cheers mike

I think it is absolutely disgraceful how these two young guys (DCE and Foran) have conducted themselves over the last few months. Here we are with the season just kicked off and we see pictures of DCE in a Titans outfit ....and Foran still refusing to confirm his commitment to our club. Greedy, selfish and unprofessional are words that come to mind as they have had more than 5 months to sort all this stuff out. Yes they need to do the best for themselves and family but also for the club that has nurtured and supported them over the last 5-6 years and given them the opportunities they have today. Have they considered the impact on our Club and the rest of the team? What about the impact on the Manly fans? What about the flogging we just copped in 40 minutes of football?

Also I am not quite sure where Joe Kelly got his contract negotiation skills from but from my perspective he needs some serious support and advice. Getting into a Dutch auction in the first place and having this played out in the press every day through player agents is not the smartest way of negotiating. It is probably the dumbest. Also how the NRL can stand idly by and not apply some rigid process and rules governing how and when players can negotiate their next contract is just unprofessional for an outfit churning over $300m / annum. That’s another story so I won’t get started on that one.

Time for some hard decisions here Joe;
1. Withdraw the offer to Foran.
2. Negotiate an immediate release and swap package for DCE...or Reserve grade
3. If Foran does actually ever make a decision to leave then negotiate a similar release and swap package for him as well....or reserves
4. Focus on getting the best out of the remaining 23 players under the cap + any new swap players + any new purchases
5. Focus on the best replacements for DCE and Foran....within and outside the club
6. Develop and publish an immediate 5 year rebuilding plan..... including Brookvale Oval....and including a renewed membership drive (attached to the 5 year plan)

Come on Joe.... it’s D-day.

I think its clear that they have to go, the most obvious case for this is Maloney in his last year at the Warriors, he signed with the Roosters at the start of 2012 to play with them in 2013 and had an absolutely useless and disgraceful year in 2012 after a massive year in 2011, his heart and head wasn't in it. He goes to Roosters and they win the comp in 2013...that is no coincidence. Same with these guys their heads and hearts won't be in it

Yes it is D Day

DISASTER DAY!!

Season 2015 is totally and absolutly rooted, I can see masses not bothering to attend from here in. Saturday night will be telling, if we get 18,000 I'll eat my hat, if we get less then 10,000 then the games up!!

I think its clear that they have to go, the most obvious case for this is Maloney in his last year at the Warriors, he signed with the Roosters at the start of 2012 to play with them in 2013 and had an absolutely useless and disgraceful year in 2012 after a massive year in 2011, his heart and head wasn't in it. He goes to Roosters and they win the comp in 2013...that is no coincidence. Same with these guys their heads and hearts won't be in it

Yes I agree everyone brings up Rambo but he was a special person. bozo was talking on the weekend and he said it was very hard that situation but Rambo was a special person. He also said by the time of the next season 1988 they played a trial against the GC and he already wanted 2 quit. I have no doubt these 2 will regret the choices they have made also.

No matter how you want to slice it and dice it-there is nothing dignified about the way these two boys have handled the situation. They can trot out as many clichés as their vocabularies can deliver, but given our abysmal end to last season (a season don't forget where we were the No. 1 front runner and form side all year) why in God's name would they do this to their team mates and fans. Season obliterated in Round 1.
While we are in the depths of **** up to our necks, we may as well bite the bullet and move them out. How are our poor fans going to cope otherwise...home games will be just terrible.
And the two twats just sit back and convince themselves that none of it is their doing...FMD!!!

Very good point.

These two players have destroyed our season and every fan will let them know about it at every home game. I hope they are prepared for what is to come from the fans which will ensure the worst year of their careers

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6