Gaming pc build advice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
As incentive for my 16yo son to complete his year 10 certificate i have promised him a gaming pc.

I have built one 10 years ago but am not up to speed with the current technology.
I will most likely be sourcing parts from msy in Sydney, looking for a tower only build for $1000.
ir anyone experienced could itemize a parts list i would be most appreciative.

A bit out of my league....sorry; but in the interests of wanting to help, here's a couple of articles listing some good gear for different budgets.

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

.....We have three different recommended builds here at PC Gamer, each with their own price target. For the gamer who needs a budget system, we shoot for $700. This midrange system aims for a more capable $1,300, while our high-end system delivers yet more power for $2,000.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/best-gaming-pc

.....The whole gaming PC market has been realigned recently thanks to the introduction of Nvidia's GTX 1080 / GTX 1070 and AMD's Radeon RX 480 graphics cards. Each is now the best choice at their respective price points so for us to include them in our systems we've had to change things around a bit.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/best-gaming-pc#rGP7Q47btBBKpOqr.99

party on!

edit: I know you can and probably did do this yourself...but I just thought that it couldn't hurt. :)

Last edited:
wRaZKHb.jpg

That's a challenge which I've tried to beat recently

Probably something something Intel i5 processor something something radeon rx480 video card

Probably start with the processor and get a motherboard with room for expansion on the cheap end,then the rx480,follow it up with a power supply that can keep up with it

Bung probably 8gb of mid range ram plus the OS,then probably a hdd but if you still have money left over get an ssd,he'll have a decent system if you can get that gear for the right prices

That's a bastard of a budget for a pc lol,but mostly the rx480 and the i5 are the pivotal parts imo,Nvidia is better but so much more expensive

As incentive for my 16yo son to complete his year 10 certificate i have promised him a gaming pc.

I have built one 10 years ago but am not up to speed with the current technology.
I will most likely be sourcing parts from msy in Sydney, looking for a tower only build for $1000.
ir anyone experienced could itemize a parts list i would be most appreciative.
I tried

Read the forums of the games he plays. There is usually some good information there. Don't be afraid to buy offshore, even from places like Amazon you can save quite a bit of money

Braza, last I checked MSY will assemble one for you for $50. Perhaps best to go in and have a check with them, tell them the budget and they'll put together a good option for you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4