Game Plan for next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Personally I think with all of our injuries, and all of suspensions we are only a very slight chance of winning this one.

So with that said, the only game plan we can go in with is to defend as if our lives were dependent on it. Don't worry about trying too many flashy things to score points.

So
- In attack, keep carting it up the middle
- Dummy half runs and often keep trying to turn them around in the middle
- Get to the kick and put it out for a scrum in their 20 - 30

Hold the line, no rushing out and just tackle and defend.

Stick to that, and we can restrict the point they have and maybe put on 1 or two sneaky tries.

If we start trying to be flashy and trying to score points with every play, we panic and end up coughing the ball up too often. So just play out the sets and keep it up the middle.

If the boys can restrict them to less than 20 points I will be massively impressed and that would be a good result for mine.

i think we should do a kamakazie
we aint gonna win but lets **** up the dragons maybe send bailey there with a license to mame. Id love to see he cop 12 months les boyd style for smashing sowards jaw. It wont be gasiners have you blokes seen how big and strong that jaw is ;)

Dan link said:
Or kick the ball out the back so they are returning the ball from 20 metre taps rather than broken field running.

As you say anything under a 20 point loss will be impressive, all things considered.

Does anyone know if you get any prize money for a top 8 finish?

Dan link said:
So

So you are basically saying play exactly what Saints have been doing themselves all year :)

I've seen worse ideas (sorry Kamikaze Cam) and you are right in that we are going to have to keep it very simple and basic to have any chance.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185115.msg291114#msg291114 date=1283738920]

So

So you are basically saying play exactly what Saints have been doing themselves all year :)

I've seen worse ideas (sorry Kamikaze Cam) and you are right in that we are going to have to keep it very simple and basic to have any chance.
[/quote]
nah lets bash em :)

very basic football, and very controlled.

Worry about defense and tries will come.
The idea of kicking dead for a 20 metre restart will work too.

The way to beat the saints i up the middle, tire out weyman as fast as you can and keep turning them around.

lets play for field position and see what happens.

Chief tactic I'd recommend is picking up the ball from dummy half after it is played. Matty tried a couple of innovative alternative tactics against the Dogs, but I reckon go back to the tried and true formula  :)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Chief tactic I'd recommend is picking up the ball from dummy half after it is played. Matty tried a couple of innovative alternative tactics against the Dogs, but I reckon go back to the tried and true formula  :)

Too funny, you have to laugh to save yourself from crying

SeaEagleRock8 link said:

applaud

MissKate link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185115.msg291134#msg291134 date=1283741694]

Too funny, you have to laugh to save yourself from crying
[/quote]

I second that...although to be fair you could watch him play another whole season of games and be luckly to see that happen once!!

Dan link said:
Personally I think with all of our injuries, and all of suspensions we are only a very slight chance of winning this one.

So with that said, the only game plan we can go in with is to defend as if our lives were dependent on it. Don't worry about trying too many flashy things to score points.

So

Stick to that, and we can restrict the point they have and maybe put on 1 or two sneaky tries.

If we start trying to be flashy and trying to score points with every play, we panic and end up coughing the ball up too often. So just play out the sets and keep it up the middle.

If the boys can restrict them to less than 20 points I will be massively impressed and that would be a good result for mine.

Sorry Dan but I couldn't disagree more. We showed yesterday against an ordinary Dog's team that we can't defend. We've been playing that same conservative style all year and we just can't keep it up.
Canberra showed how to beat Illawarra St George - chance your luck, score first and then you put them under pressure. If they are the chokers we all hope, then to beat them you must establish a lead. Dummy half running won't work. Illawarra thrive on defending that.
I don;t think we'll win any way we play, but it would be nice to see us putting on some different attacking moves.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185115.msg291114#msg291114 date=1283738920]

So

Sorry Dan but I couldn't disagree more. We showed yesterday against an ordinary Dog's team that we can't defend. We've been playing that same conservative style all year and we just can't keep it up.
Canberra showed how to beat Illawarra St George - chance your luck, score first and then you put them under pressure. If they are the chokers we all hope, then to beat them you must establish a lead. Dummy half running won't work. Illawarra thrive on defending that.
I don;t think we'll win any way we play, but it would be nice to see us putting on some different attacking moves.
[/quote]

You calling our panicking and throwing the ball around and dropping it conservative?

The raiders did show how to beat the Dragons which is the same thing I have said all year. Up the middle and turn Weymen around.

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel available for that and we need to just spend all week practicing defense and nothing else.

It is our only hope of beating them

If Canterbury can score five tries against us, Illawarra will score 10. We don't have the defence. I don;t think we have the attack either, but I'd rather see them try to attack. Who knows, some of the passes may stick, and the refs may make some mistakes that go our way.... and someone may slip a 'No-Doze' into T-Rex's orange juice before kick off!

Barry Hyland link said:
If Canterbury can score five tries against us, Illawarra will score 10. We don't have the defence. I don;t think we have the attack either, but I'd rather see them try to attack. Who knows, some of the passes may stick, and the refs may make some mistakes that go our way.... and someone may slip a 'No-Doze' into T-Rex's orange juice before kick off!

Which is exactly why i am saying we need to concentrate and worry about nothing but defense and just completing sets.

if we keep handing it over cheaply through trying the low percentage plays we do, then we will get lapped.

Ruck it out, and kick it dead, then set your line and defend as best you can

Ruck it out, and kick it dead, then set your line and defend as best you can
[/quote]

Just add 'take penalty shots at goal at every opportunity' and you'll have a rugby Test match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4