Game Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Am pumped up for tonight game, kinda feels like the season has started for me because I finally have the chance to sit down and watch us live again, and we have  our squad back

I am fairly confident, but am weary of this Rabbits side, but do think that Monday should have sapped them a bit, but they will keep coming

Areas we should concentrate on

Putting Capewell under pressure. Hoist it up, and have Stewart running at him, he is a good young player, but does have an error or 2 in him, Stewy should get over the top of him at least once

Sandow, run at him, run at him again, then run at him again. Get blokes like Watmough, Perry, Hall, Cuthbertson lining him up and heading over the top, he misses plenty, and it should sap his energy

Do a job on Asotasi, he leads the pack and if he gets a roll on, the rest follow, stopping him is easier said than done though

We must be alert around the ruck, I rate Luke very, very highly and he is a constant threat, then they bring Wing on who is still sharp out of dummy half

Most importantly for me, defend as a line, if we attack Sutton and Sandow with a jagged line, they are well capable of finding any chink and putting a quick man away. Must especially be alert of Sandow's little kicks close to the line, but Stewart will be well onto that

For us

Forwards to roll the sleeves up and go forward, allowing the space for our backline to put on a few moves. I read Stewart has 11 tries in 7 games against them so we should be pretty potent there.

Manly 26 Souths 16

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Do a job on Asotasi, he leads the pack and if he gets a roll on, the rest follow, stopping him is easier said than done though

We must be alert around the ruck, I rate Luke very, very highly and he is a constant threat, then they bring Wing on who is still sharp out of dummy half

FWIW I agree with you KE. Asotasi can be destructive, and Luke is brilliant picking when to run. Sometimes we can be brittle in the middle of the ruck, so need to be on the ball against these 2

cant wait Im driving up in 2 1/2 hours

I hope Bailey starts repaying the faith Des and Manly has showed in him and has a blinder

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
cant wait Im driving up in 2 1/2 hours

I hope Bailey starts repaying the faith Des and Manly has showed in him and has a blinder

can't wait either. there with bells on.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Matai to play

If that's true than great news.

I think where we can hurt the Rabbits is with some short interchange of passing between the forwards on the fringe. We've got the guys like Glen, Cuthbo and Kite to do it. Need a forward hitting it up then short pass to another on his hip followed by another to a someone like Choc or Hall hitting it hard. This will commit their forwards at A/B defender and on fringe, thus isolating players like Sandow to deal one on one with a rampaging big man. If their ruck defence starts to cotton on and slide then inside balls to Snake or Killer through middle of ruck.

We'll cut them to pieces if we go forward.  The sideways thing is a crock and we've been doing it for weeks.  No silly off loads and no penalties, that means you Ted.  score 32 to 6.  mom, Choc.

This just in..............South Sydney coach Jason Taylor has hatched a plan to neutralise Manly's Brett Stewart by starving the try-scoring fullback of kick-return opportunities.

I would have thought Brett's kick returns are the weakest part of his attacking arsenal. I assume that they mean they will just kick it dead every time so we get a 20m restart rather than let (make) him run it back. Can't see that have a major impact on our game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4