Gambling/match fixing and the NRL.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those who did not visit the link, This is what the NRL has to say about gambling on NRL...

Sports Betting
All NRL staff, NRL Club staff, players, officials and administrators are signed on to the high standards of professionalism, fair play and personal behaviour on and off the field. Integrity of the game and those involved in it is of the utmost importance.

The NRL recognises that gambling is an enjoyable and common recreational pursuit for many Australians. The NRL is an active participant in policy discussions in supporting responsible gambling programs, strong Codes of Conduct for sports and uniform anti-corruption legislation in Australia.

No NRL employee, NRL Club employee, player, player manager or game official is allowed to participate, or be directly or indirectly involved in any way, in gambling in relation to Rugby League or be involved directly or indirectly, in the provision of information not already in the public domain that might assist another person to gamble in relation to Rugby League.

The NRL's Integrity Agreements provide some recognition in the mainstream for betting sponsors who commit to best practice. The NRL has Product Fee and Integrity Agreements with gaming operators in Australia. These agreements focus on the sharing of information and the collection of a product fee.

The Integrity Agreements provide the NRL an important information exchange with the betting operators. The NRL's ability to investigate even a suggestion that someone may have acted inappropriately is of the utmost importance to the integrity of the sport and its ability to deal with issues before it affects the integrity of the on-field contest.

THIS, is why we now have the NSW Police investigating. Up till now it's been self policed by the NRL.

the imposition of a fee makes it OK, right?

How can we ever watch a match again without the nagging doubt that the match is "rigged"?

Geez we're looking rough for next year, Just watching Eddie Hayson's press conference he said he doesn't follow Manly any more because we're looking at wooden spoon or atleast bottom 4 next year haha!

Has anyone seen the press conference?? I can't watch at work but I saw that Max Markson jerk off is involved so it's bound to just be a horse and pony show.

Has anyone seen the press conference?? I can't watch at work but I saw that Max Markson jerk off is involved so it's bound to just be a horse and pony show.

Watched most of it mate, went for just under an hour so the questions we're flying. He actually admitted to using Foran's betting account which was interesting. A circus, but one you couldn't look away from.

Let's keep this thread alive.guys and gals...
We probably won't achieve much - the NRL gambling is too big for that, and THE NRL doesn't want it to go away because of the so called "product fee" is just too lucrative.

People might call me a wowser. My gambling is limited to the odd lotto entry... if that makes me a wowser - so be it! (I also make some pretty fine vodka!)

I just want to watch my team play and hope that they win. I don't want to find out that my team lost because someone threw the game...

For those who did not visit the link, This is what the NRL has to say about gambling on NRL...

Sports Betting
All NRL staff, NRL Club staff, players, officials and administrators are signed on to the high standards of professionalism, fair play and personal behaviour on and off the field. Integrity of the game and those involved in it is of the utmost importance.

The NRL recognises that gambling is an enjoyable and common recreational pursuit for many Australians. The NRL is an active participant in policy discussions in supporting responsible gambling programs, strong Codes of Conduct for sports and uniform anti-corruption legislation in Australia.

No NRL employee, NRL Club employee, player, player manager or game official is allowed to participate, or be directly or indirectly involved in any way, in gambling in relation to Rugby League or be involved directly or indirectly, in the provision of information not already in the public domain that might assist another person to gamble in relation to Rugby League.

The NRL's Integrity Agreements provide some recognition in the mainstream for betting sponsors who commit to best practice. The NRL has Product Fee and Integrity Agreements with gaming operators in Australia. These agreements focus on the sharing of information and the collection of a product fee.

The Integrity Agreements provide the NRL an important information exchange with the betting operators. The NRL's ability to investigate even a suggestion that someone may have acted inappropriately is of the utmost importance to the integrity of the sport and its ability to deal with issues before it affects the integrity of the on-field contest.

THIS, is why we now have the NSW Police investigating. Up till now it's been self policed by the NRL.

the imposition of a fee makes it OK, right?

How can we ever watch a match again without the nagging doubt that the match is "rigged"?
Shayne Hayne got a big fee in 2013.

In today's Brisbane paper states that the task force are going to be closely looking at 48 Manly games over the past 2 years. No other teams mentioned. Interesting times.

That's bad news because these investigations always take an age to sort out and might come up with a big fat zero anyway. ASADA anyone?? Similar situation. Hopefully our current squad are predominantly unaffected and it's not used as an excuse for another crap year in 2017 lol

Geez we're looking rough for next year, Just watching Eddie Hayson's press conference he said he doesn't follow Manly any more because we're looking at wooden spoon or atleast bottom 4 next year haha!

Eddie, the knower of all things ........lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4