FYI: Scheduled Downtime

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

We are going to shut down for a little while over the next few days, this is to move the site to a new server that I am trying to configure at night. Its almost configures, but there will need to be downtime for me to make backups of the data and move the site to the new host. The other side of this means that as the DNS gets updated across the globe there will be some intermittent issues with connecting, that instability usually last a maximum of 24 hours before it all works fine again.

I will try to minimize the downtime as much as possible by kicking everything off in one go and doing it during your night time and whilst there are no games on

Dan

@globaleagle haha!
Thanks Dan :)
Might try and do it in his nighttime too :)

Potentially it could take only 3 hours. The longest part is extracting the database, restoring the database. I can do that in about 30 minutes for each action maybe a bit more

New server is lightening fast aswell I am pleased with it so far

Sounds great. But don't worry about GE, he can easily go and take a few snapshots of bears and the like while the site is down, we over here don't have that luxury.

Hi All,

We are going to shut down for a little while over the next few days, this is to move the site to a new server that I am trying to configure at night. Its almost configures, but there will need to be downtime for me to make backups of the data and move the site to the new host. The other side of this means that as the DNS gets updated across the globe there will be some intermittent issues with connecting, that instability usually last a maximum of 24 hours before it all works fine again.

I will try to minimize the downtime as much as possible by kicking everything off in one go and doing it during your night time and whilst there are no games on

Dan
Mate take as much time as you want, you make this site way better then all the other forums out there we make 1 eyed eel look like a buffet after zorba has been, keep it up mate!

I would rather see some beaver shots !

Here you go @;) @;)

SteveMenzies11.jpg

@Dan With the improvements being made could I add an extra possible
change for consideration down the track?

The problem:
Virtually every time I want to go to the new postings in each thread. And the sole link for this on the front page is very close to both 1. the link for the person who started the thread and 2. the link for the first posting. So if I'm using a mobile device with my fat fingers, or if the screen jumps/moves as it is loading, then I'll often hit the wrong link.

The request:
Either physically separate the links or add a new button for the normal quick entry which is well away from the other links.

Is this possible?

Yes I think I can do something about that

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
So my plan is to do this migration tomorrow. I've taken leave from work. I have an appointment at the pediatrician and hospital with Archie at 11:30 am and if everything goes well the site will be migrated in the afternoon which is your early early morning. I.e. It's 9:23 pm now here.

It should be migrated by then and you'll see a message stating as such.

If not well I'm at the doctor or hospital still and as such the site migration will happen another time.

Anyway we should be moved tomorrow.

Plus today it snowed and I love snow

So my plan is to do this migration tomorrow. I've taken leave from work. I have an appointment at the pediatrician and hospital with Archie at 11:30 am and if everything goes well the site will be migrated in the afternoon which is your early early morning. I.e. It's 9:23 pm now here.

It should be migrated by then and you'll see a message stating as such.

If not well I'm at the doctor or hospital still and as such the site migration will happen another time.

Anyway we should be moved tomorrow.

Plus today it snowed and I love snow
Hope it all goes great with Archie, that's the main thing!

Nice GE. I've decided that I'm coming to your place for Christmas this year. You got enough space for me, the missus and 3 kids :)

Well, my brother in law owns his own accountancy business....so I reckon you'd be happier there talking shop!

All welcome!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6