FYI Gambling Experiment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
As a result of my continued lousy performance in the tipping comp, I thought I'd see what would happen if you bet $1 on every favourite team for every NRL match. I started with $50 and ended up with $34.77 after last weekend's matches. So there ya have it - that's not the way!

As a result of my continued lousy performance in the tipping comp, I thought I'd see what would happen if you bet $1 on every favourite team for every NRL match. I started with $50 and ended up with $34.77 after last weekend's matches. So there ya have it - that's not the way!

Is that over the whole season?
That's why favourites generally never pay more than $1.90

Interesting.

Not a bad result.

I wonder how you would fare if you bet against the favourites?

I love science...I love experiments next year I am going to try this in reverse $1 on all of the non-favourites all season.

Did you do every game, or just one game a week?

I love science...I love experiments next year I am going to try this in reverse $1 on all of the non-favourites all season.

Did you do every game, or just one game a week?
Every single club game -
Not Origin though or Test matches.

Always back horses that have run second and then seventh in their previous runs, especially greys. Back all horses whose names start with Z over a middle distance and sprinters that start with C in the wet (except on a Tuesday).

Yeah that is an interesting result.

Out of curiosity were you ever close to broke (< $5) or ever well in the black (> $60)?

Yeah that is an interesting result.

Out of curiosity were you ever close to broke (< $5) or ever well in the black (> $60)?
Never in the black and never below $32. I think the big drop ($50 to $40) happened right at the beginning of the season and then it steadied.

Did you put on when the markets opened each week or near kickoff?
Not that there would be a massive difference but with late withdrawals etc there may have been a few games that swung the other way.

Did you put on when the markets opened each week or near kickoff?
Not that there would be a massive difference but with late withdrawals etc there may have been a few games that swung the other way.
Friday mornings - except when there were Thursday games then Thursday morning.

That's your problem budgewoi
Next year try getting on after the game
I found it give me a better success rate

Gambling is funny.

There's the bookies/gov't who have the odds stacked well in their favour. In the long run they come out ahead (significantly).

Then there's the punters who have the odds stacked well against them by the bookies/gov't. In the long run, as a group, the punters come out behind (significantly).

I never really get why so many people are so keen to associate themselves with a group of long-term losers. It makes as much sense to me as following Parramatta.

Gambling is funny.

There's the bookies/gov't who have the odds stacked well in their favour. In the long run they come out ahead (significantly).

Then there's the punters who have the odds stacked well against them by the bookies/gov't. In the long run, as a group, the punters come out behind (significantly).

I never really get why so many people are so keen to associate themselves with a group of long-term losers. It makes as much sense to me as following Parramatta.

Well my bets for today's game were 1. A bit of fun in July given media hype
2. I made a bet so I could at least cheer for a team.

I the end they wouldn't pay me on one of those bets because they b by the rules after a bet was lodged to suit them. They at least refunded my money the other one was a joke. Bet specifically on result of game and they changed it to 80 minute margin rather than win.
Asshats and a cheap lesson learned id be better putting a fiver up against my mates than with these sleazy creeps

Well my bets for today's game were 1. A bit of fun in July given media hype
2. I made a bet so I could at least cheer for a team.

I the end they wouldn't pay me on one of those bets because they b by the rules after a bet was lodged to suit them. They at least refunded my money the other one was a joke. Bet specifically on result of game and they changed it to 80 minute margin rather than win.
Asshats and a cheap lesson learned id be better putting a fiver up against my mates than with these sleazy creeps
How to p*** off a customer in one easy lesson. Better chance of your mates paying up than those crooks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4