Future captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Who do you guys see as our next captain when Killer retires (which hopefully is a few years off yet). I would think it would be out of Foz and DCE.

I've viewed Foz as a future captain for a long time. I thjnk he'd be a real 'Follow me, I'll show you how to do it' type leader. His only negative is he already has a reputation with refs as a whinger so I'd like to see him change how he talks to officials (but then again, we have a proud history of captains who like to let the ref know how they feel :D).

On the other hand, DCE has the golden boy rep and I think would handle the refs better. The untested thing with him is how players would respond to him as a leader.

Would have to Foran.
Surely it'd be difficult for DCE to be captain of Manly if he's playing for the Broncos ( as all the rumour mongers tell us!)

StuBoot said:
Would have to Foran.
Surely it'd be difficult for DCE to be captain of Manly if he's playing for the Broncos ( as all the rumour mongers tell us!)

Mate, DCE would handle that easy. He's bloody good!:p

For me it's Foz over DCE. I have more faith in Foz sticking around after their current contracts end. Would like to have seen the Pocket Battleship (Choc) as captain but can't seen him outlasting Lyon.

mosto said:
I've viewed Foz as a future captain for a long time. I thjnk he'd be a real 'Follow me, I'll show you how to do it' type leader. His only negative is he already has a reputation with refs as a whinger so I'd like to see him change how he talks to officials (but then again, we have a proud history of captains who like to let the ref know how they feel :D).
he has only had a problem with one ref and I think every Manly fan has a problem with that same ref for a lot of very good reasons. I thought that ref was retiring at the end of last season so shouldn't be an issue

Napper said:
I thought kite but after he signed with Penrith I thought David Gower. He's gone now so I think Fred Flintstone should be our future captain.
Absoultey ridiculous post napper.
We all know Barney Rubble has the superior temperament and football knowledge to be captain of flintstone. I also question Fred's fitness.

I think we have quite a few that could be captain material. Foz and DCE definite long term prospects, what about Matty Ballin? I think he's exceptionally underrated, and seems to have a good even temperament (which I do think is important and could count against Foz).

Shoe1 said:
Let's go crazy, left field. I vote matai!
I love that idea. I know this would never happen but I wouldn't want to be a ref when Captain Stevie gets that look in his eye. Out of fear we might win penalty counts.

we currently have 2 captains (1 rarely on the field recently) so why not foz & dce share the duties?
if that would help to convince either (or both) player/s to stay when contract negotiations are up i can't see why not.

castle eagle said:
we currently have 2 captains (1 rarely on the field recently) so why not foz & dce share the duties?
if that would help to convince either (or both) player/s to stay when contract negotiations are up i can't see why not.

Very sensible solution.

castle eagle said:

Yeah good idea. Killer is winding down his career and can just maintain being the world's best center.

I thought about this further
What about Captain Kirk or Captain Obvious or Captain Kangaroo.
I would have said roger ramjet but he is in dip excreetment with Asada for his use of Proton pills that contain illegal HGH

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4