Funny times funny peoples

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lots of contract stuff irritating people. I kind of understand peoples disappointment but struggle with heaps of the other crap.sack em now from the peanut gallery, hang em high, run them out of town. And for what. Income choice. In an ideal world teams would hang on to all there loyal players, but thats what we hate about the storm dodging the cap. In an ideal world all players would honour there contracts unless our 2015 cap doesnt allow them the rightful pay day.

Manly have squeezed a more than hefty squad into a tight squeeze for some time. We have been lucky that culture gave us a great discount. But it appears the culture from a players point of view aint what it used to be so staying for lower wages no longer appeals. Fair enough .

We have some great players that have done great things and provided us with great delight. Lighten up and let them do what they need to do. They have deserved the right. If you have a problem with that, well thats your problem, deal with it.
If you need a cry , some rage because a player is out there selling themselves for potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars more, and you dont get that, well i suppose nothing i say will sink in.
If its choc, snake , matai or whatever good luck and thanks for the memories

Exactly James!!

Although if they bag the club on the way out I won't say one nice word about them ever again.

Be classy like Kitey, not a drop kick like Watamouth!!

Agreed but it is really disillusioning me to the point that, for the first time since the Northern Eagles, I am thinking about not putting myself through it all in 2015.

I am really losing interest in my great team. I might just tune out if my current state of mind doesnt change.

bob dylan said:
Agreed but it is really disillusioning me to the point that, for the first time since the Northern Eagles, I am thinking about not putting myself through it all in 2015.

I am really losing interest in my great team. I might just tune out if my cuurent state of mind doesnt change.

I would wager you'll be right by the time the 1st trial comes around.

bob dylan said:

I am really losing interest in my great team. I might just tune out if my cuurent state of mind doesnt change.

I've signed up as a season ticket holder, but I have to admit, I'm also less "plugged in" than I have ever been. It's just tiresome all this bull****.

All good bob, your not the only one mate.

Geez I though I might just be getting old and cranky. I too have paid for 2 memberships and wear my cap with pride every day.

I also cancelled my subscription to the Telegraph, I haven't picked one up since Grand Final week in hope of avoiding all this rubbish. I barely log into twitter these days and I am seriously considering quitting this site.

I am desperate to keep my enthusiasm for the team.

Yeah I think negativity can become an all consuming beast on this site, it's hard not to get swept up in it when every three posts is about it.

Maybe we should just have a rumoured player movements thread with all rumours and innuendo (to and from manly) so people who wish to talk about it can, and it's easier to steer clear of if you don't.

Geez I though I might just be getting old and cranky. I too have paid for 2 memberships and wear my cap with pride every day.

I also cancelled my subscription to the Telegraph, I haven't picked one up since Grand Final week in hope of avoiding all this rubbish. I barely log into twitter these days and I am seriously considering quitting this site.

I am desperate to keep my enthusiasm for the team.
Really Bob?
Come gather round people…
Nothing stays the same, a simple fact of life. The way modern players switch clubs, sign contracts, and talk about it in the media is not as it used to be. We all know the whole game has changed from how it once was.

But don’t be distressed about those things because as Manly fans we have little to fear. Post-NE our reinvented club has become more consistently successful than ever.

The fabric may change but the culture remains, so worry not, we'll have plenty to enjoy this year, next year, and as far ahead as I can see.

If our club was a dud I'd understand your feelings, but get a grip, we aren't about to sink like a stone any time soon. ;)

Manly are going to absolutely kill it this year...
Well said 777. I completely agree.

And whilst I respect everyone's opinions, what pisses me off the most is those who say they are losing interest because of contract dramas, stuff being played out in the media and so on.Newsflash - the era of contract negotiations being secret, kept behind closed doors etc are gone, they are never coming back so everyone needs to accept it. A true supporter sticks by their team no matter what, if we are all still following this great club after the debacle that was the northern eagles, why are people whinging about a few contract dramas having finished tied 1st in 2014?

Manly is one of my greatest passions and it should be for everyone who posts on this site.

I'm still a member, won't be able to attend a game this year as we will be away from the end of March to November but will still watch all the games on my new caravan Satelite TV system.

HOWEVER, like many I am totally over the crap that goes on, I was sick of it in 2014 and 2015 isn't yet 2 weeks old and the BS continues.

Sign on and enjoy the ride or sign somewhere else and **** off quick !!

I'm still a member, won't be able to attend a game this year as we will be away from the end of March to November but will still watch all the games on my new caravan Satelite TV system.

HOWEVER, like many I am totally over the crap that goes on, I was sick of it in 2014 and 2015 isn't yet 2 weeks old and the BS continues.

Sign on and enjoy the ride or sign somewhere else and **** off quick !!

Whoops looks like Dan hasn't instigated the censorship area yet, sooooorrrry!!

I don't care if players, coaches or admin staff leave. It is part of the game.

But it's the way they leave - bagging the club that pee's me off.

These guys should remember they were given a chance by the club to play an elite sport. If they were not given that chance they'd be driving trucks or leaning on a shovel five days a week struggling on $60k a year.

The players especially should remember that and just thank the club for the opportunity and leave like gentlemen.

I disagree with the sentiment that we shouldn't care about it.

The game is entertainment after all. If fans weren't entertained, there would be no generated income for these players. The TV deal was so substantial because of the ratings the game generates. It's our game, not their game.

The NRL need to step in and fix the contract situation fast. All contracts to be registered by round 1, anti tampering deadline until the first week of October. It's a players choice to relocate to a club where moving house is necessary, and they have 4-5 months to do so in the off season, so time frames are not a good enough excuse.

I am about to support my team in 2015 and have paid for a membership; I shouldn't have to question Steve Matai's commitment to the cause throughout the year. I should be able to cheer him on without the concern that one of my favourite players is one more game away for playing for another team. I should be able to blindly enjoy watching him play and deal with his departure when the time is right; the end of the season!

I'd like an off season without any dramas, the last 5 or 6 years have really tested my loyalty with rugby league in general.

We've won premierships in 2008 and 2011 but because of the off field dramas I don't feel us fans have had to really celebrate our success.

It would be so nice to have a normal settled off season , spent watching cricket and counting down the days until
kick off again.

Discussing how the new chums will fit it, reminiscing about those that have retired or chosen to move on in a dignified way.

But no we are fed bull**** story after bull**** story, conjecture, what if's , he said she said they said and the turmoil continues .

I'll still support the club until the day I die but I really must admit to not being far from taking a huge step away from all the crap.

Doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Manly is as Manly does...... = giving the GF race a good shake each year.

Media is as Media does, so I find it easy to rise above.

Until something major happens that's club related.....Go Manly, and go Manly some more!

But each to their own....we all get grey hair whether we stress about stuff we cant change, or is made up....or we don't.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6