Fun rule changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
It's a long wait till Monday night so I've come up with some fun new rules I'd like to see.
1) no head high protection for players who back into the defense. Basically if an attacking player turns his back to the defense it's on

2) kickers taking shots at goal from the side line are not alowed to have any part of them in touch when striking the ball. Technically the ball is in touch and its a scrum to the defensive team.

3) if a team throws the ball away ( to slow down play) when tacking a line drop out then they have 5 sec to take the drop out not 40 sec. If they fail it is a penalty under the sticks.

4) if players on the attacking team hold up the ball carrier while the defense is attempting a tackle he can be tackled with no foul called on the tacklers.

5) Jamie Soward has to take the first hit up from the kick off.

Glad to discuss these and any other fun rules as after two loses I need to relax a little :)

Eliminate Scrums.

There is no longer any 'contest over the ball' in Scrums. Scrums are now just a way of providing short term (1 tackle) 'seven-a-side'.

So lets just formalise and slightly extend this situ, by making it TWO tackles of 'seven-a-side'. IE. So for those two tackles, NO FORWARD or whoever may participate in any way in the play.
Praps they (or any six players chosen by the coach/captain) should just leave the playing area, for those two tackles. this doesnt matter much but, if it doesn't look silly - they could stand over the touch line (when play is near the middle of the field) or in the in-goal when the play is at one end. Players can choose between these two options at their own discretion. Players who fail to stand in the correct place get penalised.

Overall what are we doing packing down those eye-sores?. Scrums are just baggage from a bygone era.

6) referees will be making some changes to their signals for certain penalties in order to make it clearer for the ageing Rabs, these include

6b. Holding down in tackles will be signalled by the referee and touch judges doing a synchronised YMCA dance
6c. Hand on the ball, will be signalled by the referee putting his hand on his balls

7) Referees will no longer yell "move" all will now carry a soundboard that has a cow "moowing" or will be trained to say muuuve like checcin

8) Any player who runs backwards after shoving or striking at someone will be forced to wear a tutu for the remainder of the game, and the following game, and his number on the back of the shirt will be replaced with the words "Kick me"

captains can question the ref's every penalty decision but the quick tap can be taken and the capt will be offside.

Actually that doesn't sound fun at all.

Daniel said:
6) referees will be making some changes to their signals for certain penalties in order to make it clearer for the ageing Rabs, these include

6b. Holding down in tackles will be signalled by the referee and touch judges doing a synchronised YMCA dance
6c. Hand on the ball, will be signalled by the referee putting his hand on his balls

7) Referees will no longer yell "move" all will now carry a soundboard that has a cow "moowing" or will be trained to say muuuve like checcin

8) Any player who runs backwards after shoving or striking at someone will be forced to wear a tutu for the remainder of the game, and the following game, and his number on the back of the shirt will be replaced with the words "Kick me"

RE; 7) I'm watching the replay now and I really ***king hate that muuuuuve call.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Eliminate Scrums.

There is no longer any 'contest over the ball' in Scrums. Scrums are now just a way of providing short term (1 tackle) 'seven-a-side'.

So lets just formalise and slightly extend this situ, by making it TWO tackles of 'seven-a-side'. IE. So for those two tackles, NO FORWARD or whoever may participate in any way in the play.
Praps they (or any six players chosen by the coach/captain) should just leave the playing area, for those two tackles. this doesnt matter much but, if it doesn't look silly - they could stand over the touch line (when play is near the middle of the field) or in the in-goal when the play is at one end. Players can choose between these two options at their own discretion. Players who fail to stand in the correct place get penalised.

Overall what are we doing packing down those eye-sores?. Scrums are just baggage from a bygone era.
The team being penalised have to pack 7 into the scrum and they can't move untill the player is tackled.

Would love to see teams back 10 meters......oh wait that is a rule apparently.

Daniel said:

Bahahaha this just almost made me spit my drink all over my computer!!

If the rule doesn't come in I am calling for a royal commission!

Central Coast Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Bahahaha this just almost made me spit my drink all over my computer!!

If the rule doesn't come in I am calling for a royal commission!
Yup I feel like they are totally doing this wrong

Two instances of rule rorting garnered my attention from last weekend.

They both involved ref's calling held; first instance the player passed the ball and was given the ball back as the ref had called held. (Penalty)

Second was in our game against Easts, player from Easts loses the ball after the ref had called held and was given the ball back. (Scrum to opposition)

COMMANDER said:
Two instances of rule rorting garnered my attention from last weekend.

They both involved ref's calling held; first instance the player passed the ball and was given the ball back as the ref had called held. (Penalty)

Second was in our game against Easts, player from Easts loses the ball after the ref had called held and was given the ball back. (Scrum to opposition)

As far as a fun rule change: eliminate the knock on rule altogether.

High shots, spear tackles, grapples, chicken wings, crushers, and boots to the groin region etc are completely legal when done to any Storm player. Bonus 6 points awarded to the defensive team when done to Slater and/or Smith.

What about you're only allowed to tackle with your left arm on the 5th tackle.

And if you get an erection at any stage during the game you have to rub it on the 40m line

Storm to only get 1 competition point per win unless none of the big 3 are on the field. That would be fun.

Drop off in extra time. 2 players every two minutes drop off. Every penalty in extra time results in main infringer getting binned. Can't win with a penalty goal or field goal, must score try to win. No scrums in extra time, just taps. Replacements can occur every two minutes. 30 sec break every two minutes. Max of 10 min extra time and a draw after that, but by then it would have been 3 on 3.

The captain of a team gets 2 opportunities per game to give Chechin a smack in the ear if he does not agree with a decision any of the refs (on field or video) have made, or if the fans of his club deem it necessary.

mozgrame said:
The captain of a team gets 2 opportunities per game to give Chechin a smack in the ear if he does not agree with a decision any of the refs (on field or video) have made, or if the fans of his club deem it necessary.

I'm sure he'd prefer a smack in the rear.

Allow a 6 man bench with more interchange but increase the game length .Have 3 terms of play The first 2 are 40 minutes and the last one is 20 minutes of helter skelter catch up. Increase game time,shouts at the bar, revenue to the game, have larger squads and more opportunities for players

give away a penalty within 10 metres of your try line and you have to sit behind in goal for the next set of six.

russian roulette with the trainers drinks, one in every ten bottles is filled with straight vodka.

The man who tops the tackle count has to wring out his undies into a schooner glass and The starting Forward who makes the least amount of tackles in a match has to drink it.

In other words, 2012, 35L of Matt Ballin sack and crack sweat would have been consumed by T-Rex.

One for the ladies and Matt Cecchin. Strip League. Any time a player makes an error he has to remove one item of clothing, not including boots, socks or head gear. We could end up with more far more interesting penalties than swinging arms.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2