Fun Manly Facts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Just to lighten the mood and to get all you Baz Bashers off his back, I thought i would give a couple of fun facts that people may have forgotten or didn't know. Or they know and I forgot???? Anyway I digress.

Fun Fact #1
Junior Paulo and JWH were in our 25 man squad in 2009. (Wish they were now)

Thomas Leuluai's Dad, James Leuluai played for Manly is the early 80's and his cousin Kylie played in the early 2000's.

Jye Mullane still plays in the American Rugby League with the New Haven Warriors.

I bet the new haven warriors have never won the comp.
You are correct Terry. Their best shot was a 19-18 loss (in extra time) to the Rhode Island Raiders in the local New England league.

He missed with a sitter penalty 2 minutes before full time.

Last edited:
James Leuluai only played 5 games for Manly in 1985. From memory he was skinny & not very good. Hence Bozo did not afford him many 1st grade games.

Fun Fact #4
Against which team did Manly draw their biggest home crowd of well over 20,000 people?

Answer: The Roosters

The ground staff counted around 18,000 people but they let people in for free after the game had started.

Not the same Junior Paulo currently playing for the raiders.

The one we had was pretty big and useless.
Thats why I was struggling to remember him. Cheers for clearing that up. I thought it was strange that we had never mentioned him before.

Hope someone checked for any irregular betting at the local TABs. Still, can't complain about that result. As they say, when Rhode Island is doing well, League is doing well.
They were going to be named the Rhode Island Reds.

However their founder, an ex-Queenslander, didn't think it was a marketable name. I understand he was the same guy that convinced the Broncos' founders that the 'Brisbane Brumbies' wouldn't fly.

Luckily some rugby types in Canberra had other ideas, a few years later.

Can any other player in history top Daniel Harrison playing 3 stints at the one club?
Manly....

Fun fact: the last time Manly had less than 10 wins in a season was 2004

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4