From the ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Had a great day out yesterday.We were in the bay next to Marks mob and didnt they do a great job.Well done.

A few comments from the game

1.What a pathetic group of supporters the broncos are.Unless they are running in tries the place is like a morgue.No wonder their record at Suncorp is not that flash.

2.DCE - well,what do you say.How good can he be.Who knows.Kicking a little bit off as he was only option on a lot of occasions but otherwise sensational.

3.Robbo-stand and applaud.

4.Forwards all great.Defence admirable.Like Choc,Porky and Rodney in second half particularly.

5.Add some football awareness(eg the kickoff he caught on sideleine) to Williams and could be great package.Gets better and nice work yesterday.

6.Brisbane looked terrible to be honest.Very predictable.High flying wingers about it.Not even Hodges will fix it IMO.Hoffman huge loss.Gone!

Looking at our chances going forward I think Sterlo summed it up on Monday night football on MMM.He said "a couple of weeks ago I would have said Manly,but history and accepted opinion re the health and preparation required to win a comp says they wont win it.If pressed i still say Manly with no great confidence".

Whover wins our prelim wins it IMO.

Cowboys is the team i would most prefer to play week 1, Thurston just hasnt looked the goods since his injury.

Should get that one without too much effort and then the rest will leave us in a much better position. Win that one we get Glen and Lussick back in the big one, leaving us King and Wolfman short at this stage, pretty close to 100% given Hoppa covers Wolf.

Yeah we did our best.....incredible really that a small group of away supporters can drown out 50,000 others...but you are right, there's no atmosphere there UNTIL the score a try...the place then erupts...then immediatly afterwards is dead quiet.

By the way Susan you'll have to join in with us next time, you missed a great pre game function at the Caxton!!

Don't underestimate the cowboys, I would have preferred to play the warriors tbh. I just know thurston will be very good this week.

I had a lunch on Mark with a couple of guys at a joint across the road.Was going to the Cacco but didnt get seated till late and had to go staright to ground.Had plenty afterwards at the iceworks.plenty of eagles around.

susan said:
I had a lunch on Mark with a couple of guys at a joint across the road.Was going to the Cacco but didnt get seated till late and had to go staright to ground.Had plenty afterwards at the iceworks.plenty of eagles around.

Send me an e-mail so I can put you on the list so you'll at least get a heads up of what we are doing, but sounded like you had fun anyway.

Gee we are well suported up here, even without my bunch there were Eagles jerseys everywhere!!

I'd just like to harness them all together so we can make even more noise!!

The broncos were very predicable and if we had robbo/hoppa on the wing instead of Oldfield we would have beaten them yesterday.

None of the 50/50 calls went our way yesterday particularly the offside ruling againt Mattai which was harsh as he foot was not on the ground as DCE kicked the ball.

What is doing with george? he seems to get fatter every week when front rowers would normally be running into peak fitness at this stage of the season.

George really shouldn't wear the white uniform it just isnt his colour......LOL. How good would he be if he was fit.

tookey said:
The broncos were very predicable and if we had robbo/hoppa on the wing instead of Oldfield we would have beaten them yesterday.

None of the 50/50 calls went our way yesterday particularly the offside ruling againt Mattai which was harsh as he foot was not on the ground as DCE kicked the ball.

What is doing with george? he seems to get fatter every week when front rowers would normally be running into peak fitness at this stage of the season.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of George but even I'm starting to wonder wtf the coaching staff are doing with him. He has really piled the kilos on. Your right - he should be getting fitter as the season progresses, not fatter.

No doubt he is being advised about diet etc so how does the coaching staff allow this to happen? If we weren't so light on for props at the moment I would be dropping him to reggies where, no doubt, he'll only get fatter. He's negotiating a new contract so you'd think he would put in a bigger effort.

Overall I've been disappointed with him this season. He had a chance to stand up, instead a rookie like Lussick is making him look second grade.

The Booing of Brent Kite when he was assisted from the field really got to me, Broncos supporters arnt footie supporters they are day trippers, one guy near me was so confused he was cheering Manly tries then turning round giving it to my family as we were all decked out in manly gear, i just said " ah buddy, that was us that scored"..... LMFAO they really are hopeless supporters.

Gorgeous George said:
tookey said:

Obviously I'm a huge fan of George but even I'm starting to wonder wtf the coaching staff are doing with him. He has really piled the kilos on. Your right - he should be getting fitter as the season progresses, not fatter.

No doubt he is being advised about diet etc so how does the coaching staff allow this to happen? If we weren't so light on for props at the moment I would be dropping him to reggies where, no doubt, he'll only get fatter. He's negotiating a new contract so you'd think he would put in a bigger effort.

Overall I've been disappointed with him this season. He had a chance to stand up, instead a rookie like Lussick is making him look second grade.

George was in a match on fox last week from 2006 and he looked a lot fitter then than he does now.

Des couldn't get Cuthbo fit but look at what bennet has done for him now. We need george to have the same treatment because his lack of fitness could cost us a game particularly in defence

Phantar said:
George is having a baby Tooks - he will be christened Boy George.

Anyone who calls their son Boy george should be immediately jailed for life

Mark from Brisbane said:
susan said:

Send me an e-mail so I can put you on the list so you'll at least get a heads up of what we are doing, but sounded like you had fun anyway.

Gee we are well suported up here, even without my bunch there were Eagles jerseys everywhere!!

I'd just like to harness them all together so we can make even more noise!!

Should have heard us last Friday Mark. You would have been inspired. We'll have to work on an overall plan in the off season in regards to this.

In saying that, for a group that was unharnessed you really do well out of that corner every year. Disappointed I couldn't help out...was yelling up a storm at the Leagues instead.

Don't underestimate the cushioning effect of some extra blubber in protecting the body from the bumps. Way ahead of his time our Dessie.

Why do you blokes need all the footballers looking like robots and fitting into a certain shape ?

Rose has been playing well, and as long as he keeps doing that, tbh I couldn't care less what he looks like

Kiwi Eagle said:
Why do you blokes need all the footballers looking like robots and fitting into a certain shape ?

Rose has been playing well, and as long as he keeps doing that, tbh I couldn't care less what he looks like

Agreed. They must never have seen Beetson, Brohman or Osborne play. They were big, slightly rotund, front rowers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4